• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

neutrino

Reaction score
Just saw the CPO shirt jacket in the new arrivals. No pics yet but I think I already want it..
Hmm, it probably was a test, not seeing anything right now

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

With these factory finds, can one have too many jackets? :embar::embar:

Camel hair jacket and Ruby shell Carminas today.

I really dig these Carminas. They shine brilliantly in direct sun, but look pretty tame otherwise. And once again, many thanks to Rob for the jacket. And thanks to Mike for the advice of getting it to fit nicely with layering.

I like this. Camo sweater and Ruby Carminas mix in well with the grey and tan.

Speaking of sizing for layering, I'm glad I was able to buy my Harris tweed MTOs in 41, which I thought I'd get taken in around the waist, but now I think not. They are a good size for layering, and that works for me.

Racing Green

Reaction score

Not buying the navy wool/cotton/cashmere FF sportcoat is a major regret. :(

Same here. I knew at the time that it was the exact navy sportcoat I was looking for but slept on it. :embar:

zinc2162

Reaction score
With these factory finds, can one have too many jackets?
shog[1].gif
shog[1].gif

Camel hair jacket and Ruby shell Carminas today.

I really dig these Carminas. They shine brilliantly in direct sun, but look pretty tame otherwise. And once again, many thanks to Rob for the jacket. And thanks to Mike for the advice of getting it to fit nicely with layering.
I think this is one of your best fit pics. That camel hair jacket is so nice. This makes me think about the camel hair jacket MTO. I just don't know how to wear it.

I have also been thinking of the navy duck canvas sportcoat on sale but I think the 38R maybe too long for me.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like this. Camo sweater and Ruby Carminas mix in well with the grey and tan.

Speaking of sizing for layering, I'm glad I was able to buy my Harris tweed MTOs in 41, which I thought I'd get taken in around the waist, but now I think not. They are a good size for layering, and that works for me.

Thanks, Frank. The 37 would be dead on for me to wear with just a shirt. The 38 is perfect with a light sweater under. It's even fine with just a shirt but will be a slight relaxed fit.

I think this is one of your best fit pics. That camel hair jacket is so nice. This makes me think about the camel hair jacket MTO. I just don't know how to wear it.

I have also been thinking of the navy duck canvas sportcoat on sale but I think the 38R maybe too long for me.

Thanks! I love the beige tone and feel like it matches well with the usually suspects, ie gray, navy and brown. The Epaulet version is a great deal. I'm glad they brought it back. J. Crew has an off the rack version for something asinine like $900 or 1000.

Ialdabaof

Reaction score
Well, if anyone finds that his cotton/cashmere navy sport coat fits wrong in 37, drop me a line. Because I'm sad.

stmaier

Reaction score
Mike--

Looks like you are building out some interesting stuff...a birdie told me that we should see a Carmina Jumper MTO in the dark scotchgrain....

Todd V

Reaction score
Gents,

I am seriously overthinking the styling for my baby camel hair sportcoat. I'd like it to be very comfortable for more casual wear, also as quasi-outwear, but still wear to corporate the office on Fridays. Shall I do open patch hip pockets and besom chest pocket? Patches all around? Why can't I decide this!!

Thanks for any advice,

Todd V

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gents,

I am seriously overthinking the styling for my baby camel hair sportcoat. I'd like it to be very comfortable for more casual wear, also as quasi-outwear, but still wear to corporate the office on Fridays. Shall I do open patch hip pockets and besom chest pocket? Patches all around? Why can't I decide this!!

Thanks for any advice,

Todd V

I've been there … I'd go besom chest and patch hip. Gotta love patch pockets, but the besom chest shows you've got a bit of restraint ;)

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've been there … I'd go besom chest and patch hip. Gotta love patch pockets, but the besom chest shows you've got a bit of restraint ;)

2nd.

Some people shudder at the asymmetry of a patch/besom combo, but I like it on the Napoli. It shows restraint and keeps the jacket looking less isolated in one moment of menswear history. I actually find more than a few triple patch, unvented 80s eyesores in thrift stores. Not a look I'd advocate for the long term.

sorabji

Reaction score
Placed an order on Monday, didn't ship out until today... slooww....

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^And maybe six or eight or 10 humans with managing three stores and mail outs. Patience. Not everyone is Amazon.

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^And maybe six or eight or 10 humans with managing three stores and mail outs. Patience. Not everyone is Amazon.

Yeah 2 day handling isn't bad at all. Even with shoprunner automated 2 day I think less than half of shipments actually shipped within 48 hours

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Gents,

Thanks for any advice,

Todd V

My personal favorite is open patch at the hip with a welt pocket at the chest. That's our standard shape for the Napoli jacket. Changing the chest to a welt allows you to wear a pocket square more easily, and those are pretty rakish with camel hair! Consider going with elbow patches too. They look great on that coat!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads