• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mothball

Reaction score
You guys are on fire lately.

Kudu boots again.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One of the navy marled pants from last year.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mad props to Mike for the nude tights. Why Robin?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SVB i think the waist is taken in a little much

cyc looking cool, unbutton the top during work, top 2 after

wj4, looking cool. loose the tie after work and unbutton top 2 buttons

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No offense, bro...but why are you always dishing out advices when this is not the the discussion thread? I've noticed you do this all the time to everyone.

PS tie was worn as is to dinner afterwards :)

I personally think cyc's invisible tie look is great.

Last edited:

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No offense, bro...but why are you always dishing out advices when this is not the the discussion thread? I've noticed you do this all the time to everyone.

PS tie was worn as is to dinner afterwards :)

I personally think cyc's invisible tie look is great.

Honestly, while I'm sure many people post in this thread simply looking to share, and are not always in search of feedback, it IS a clothing/style forum. As long as input is offered w/ out negativity it's just suggestions. You can take them or leave them. Just b/c toasty didn't phrase his comment "You know, it's just my opinion, but you might consider XXYYXZZ. Not that there's anything wrong with your look. I mean, I'm just making a suggestion." doesn't mean the intent was "Your fit is lame. Do this and it will be better."

An endless chorus of praise is nice. We all like to be encouraged. But it doesn't really bring any new ideas. If we all were 100% certain our style was tight and dialed, why the hell would be be hanging out here?

There's a very reasonable middle ground between *literally* not saying something nice and not saying anything at all. It's called being considerate, and nearly everyone in this thread is pretty good at it, including gettoasty.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score

Whoa, what? Firstly, I don't mind his critiques, I appreciate them, and secondly, what do you mean this is not a discussion thread? This whole forum is a place for discussion. No one who posts here is or should be immune from comments or criticism. Mike is of course free to police this thread as he sees fit, but it doesn't seem to me that toasty is being mean spirited, and short of that, I don't think there should be an issue.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Nice I got the cadet blue walts. Where do I get the jacket?!

So unfortunately that jacket is from a pattern/maker they're not using any longer. I'll bet though that Mike might be able to get a cadet grey jacket made today through Southwick though -- worth an ask.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i left a comment

you can take it for what it is or over think what i'm saying

edit:
fwiw i liked all the fits that i commented on if it was not clear. carry on :satisfied:

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Honestly, while I'm sure many people post in this thread simply looking to share, and are not always in search of feedback, it IS a clothing/style forum. As long as input is offered w/ out negativity it's just suggestions. You can take them or leave them. Just b/c toasty didn't phrase his comment "You know, it's just my opinion, but you might consider XXYYXZZ. Not that there's anything wrong with your look. I mean, I'm just making a suggestion." doesn't mean the intent was "Your fit is lame. Do this and it will be better."

An endless chorus of praise is nice. We all like to be encouraged. But it doesn't really bring any new ideas. If we all were 100% certain our style was tight and dialed, why the hell would be be hanging out here?

There's a very reasonable middle ground between *literally* not saying something nice and not saying anything at all. It's called being considerate, and nearly everyone in this thread is pretty good at it, including gettoasty.

Whoa, what? Firstly, I don't mind his critiques, I appreciate them, and secondly, what do you mean this is not a discussion thread? This whole forum is a place for discussion. No one who posts here is or should be immune from comments or criticism. Mike is of course free to police this thread as he sees fit, but it doesn't seem to me that toasty is being mean spirited, and short of that, I don't think there should be an issue.

i left a comment

you can take it for what it is or over think what i'm saying

edit:
fwiw i liked all the fits that i commented on if it was not clear. carry on :satisfied:

Yeah, I know toasty is a cool guy..that's why I said no offense and just asked. It was just something I picked up from browsing other threads, be it something about the outfit itself or the stance of the pose.

I was always under the assumption that if you want advices/critiques, you'd pose in the discussion thread, otherwise you'd post under the other thread where it says something like "post picture, no discussion".

I love seeing all the pictures, not just on this thread, but on the forum in general. It is very inspirational.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ That was totally uncalled for...

Edit: the previous post by skeen7908 I refer to...

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lol wj4 looks like a clown in every pic he posts.
Probably why he posts in the sheltered environment of the epaulet hivemind thread and not in waywt

Each to their own though. Love, peace, harmony

Sad, but true indeed.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Well, there's never any hard and fast rules here, but I can see both sides.

Of course everyone should feel free to discuss and throw out ideas about people's looks. It's true that we all learn a lot from each other on this forum and there's nothing wrong with pointing out ideas or being constructive.

That said, I think that most people here understand the correct tone for doing this. To wj4's point, this is the epaulet thread where people are often posting fit pics of Epaulet clothing. There's a difference if they're specifically looking for feedback (does this match? are these pants too short?) of if they're just posting up what they wore. It's understood that when you post on the WAYWT that the other members are going to chime in on your look with both positive and negative feedback. Which is sometimes really negative. We're going on 4.5 years of everyone being polite to one another here, so I think that the vast majority of guys here know the right etiquette.

So, I think that we're all cool here! wj4 and gettoasty don't have to go all Biggie and Tupac now. The only beef here is the roast beef in the oven.

Probably why he posts in the sheltered environment of the epaulet hivemind thread and not in waywt

But here's an example of the wrong etiquette. Not sure if you're serious, but as BootSpell said, this is totally uncalled for.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This is total bullshit. I hate this passive aggressive internet attack **** especially when it's guised in a friendly manner with the whole "love, piece, and harmony" thing. Be a ******* man, and if you really feel that way, don't ***** up your words.

On top of that, its bullshit because its clearly a response from someone with no creative understanding. Maybe we should all dress the same, go back to high school, and try and impress the same "cool kids" by mimicking what they wear (which is essentially what WAYWT on the MC side, and the SWD side does. Too often the people who push the creativity envelope are ridiculed, meanwhile its exactly those people who help fashion move forward by trying new things. W is the perfect example of this, and while not everything he wears is perfect (thats the risk you take when you try different things that have never been done before) almost all of it "works" for him and his environment. We should all take a piece of the courage and creativity that W displays daily in this thread and apply it for ourselves in our own way...anyone who doesn't understand that, just doesn't get it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads