Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I tried looking for the original announcement but I couldn't find it, but you might be right. If so, I wonder if I can get that 15% off on the Carminas I got along with the Vass order. I should have just placed everything in one order along with my Rudy order, but I was going to wait for the coupon before I bought anything else. Not sure how that will work yet.

2. Beatlegeuse

Haha, I know where to go on the off chance these don't fit

3. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

4. thirdman

thirdman Senior member

Yep, It's the rust w/ pale blue check. It's a pretty dark photo, which doesn't help, but it might be a bit more orange in person.

5. bobbymilwaukee

bobbymilwaukee Active Member

Anybody ever have an item be deemed "undeliverable" by USPS? I have! Looks like my rivets won't be coming anytime soon

6. elwood49

elwood49 Well-Known Member

Did you guys receive shipping notices on jackets coming directly from Southwick? I'm still waiting for my baby camel MTO that I ordered on the first day it was available, and I've seen some in hand pics of them already in this thread.

7. tricky

tricky Senior member

Autumn rivets just arrived....whoa!

Need the waist taken in quite a bit as I sized up but awesome material on these.

Do you guys get your pants altered I'm waist and length before Dry (or wet) cleaning? I'm debating going straight to my tailor tomorrow but worry about shrinkage from dry cleaning after I've altered.

8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

From my experience nothing shrinks when dry cleaning. I made it a habit of altering afterward all the time however. Wouldn't want to risk such high priced items.

9. tricky

tricky Senior member

Yeah I've had the same experience. I'll stick to my usual way and dry clean after just to be safe.

I'm just anxious to rock these but a couple of weeks won't kill me.

10. Beatlegeuse

You are correct sir. I just got refunded 15% for the Carmina purchase, plus another 15% code to use for a one-time purchase. I think I need to take full advantage of this and really stock up. Might be time to finally try one of the polos :)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  11. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys, just posted this about the VASS 15% deal....

BTW, I neglected to mention the 15% Discount offer here. We originally offered this during the MTO event two weeks ago and I said that it would apply to this first batch of group buy items as well. We now have the ability to assign personal discount codes through our site.

So, if you order a Group Buy shoe from this first batch of three styles, you'll be emailed a single use code for 15% off your next order with us. It applies to everything EXCEPT Vass shoes. It can apply to sale merchandise. The code is good for 30 days after its issued.

12. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Unfortunately Southwick presently doesn't have a way to notify customers before they ship, but feel free to email us with your order details and we can find out what the status is.

Ah man, that stinks! We should be able to sort that out for you - please drop us an email with your order info.

Yes, I would advise that. It's not an exact science, but we tested out that fit formula with our staff and a bunch of in-store customers in both NYC and CA. It's worked very well so far.

So, it's weird - the Mulberry definitely measures larger than the Bartlett, but the fit is pretty similar. It's most likely do the angled front zip and a deeper/higher rear gussett at the back. I wear a Large in the Wyatt, Mulberry, and Bartlett, and the fit is very similar in all three of them. We worked to have as much consistency as possible between the three shapes.

Thank you sir! The Double Monk is definitely here to stay for a while. The original trendy bros who were constantly championing have moved on to other things, so we can all just appreciate them as a comfortable and classic style. You'll love the suede ones with denim. I'd actually say that they look cooler with it than the smooth leather ones.

The U-Cap is going to be a somewhat dressier style, but they're both similar in terms of versatility. You can absolutely wear both with trousers and an odd jacket. They would look great with any kind of trousers IMO as long as the color works.

Many of our shoe customers are also into high end denim and we seem them pair fairly dressy shoes with selvedge jeans all of the time. Our friend Stephen Taffel at Leffot wears this combo all of the time. I think that many of us are a little gun-shy about dress shoes and jeans but a great pair of shoes with a tapered & clean pair of jeans can look great.

If you like the idea of the U-Cap, then go for that IMO. That twisted arc is really cool - it grabbed us in the factory from 50 feet away. I've never seen anything quite like it, and it's going to be glorious in that dark brown museum calf.

13. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

[​IMG]
    Epaulet Navy hopsack Caine blazer and sublte glen check Walt trousers

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Which trousers do you gentlemen prefer for a CBD work environment? I like to wear odd jackets with trousers. I don't have to be in a tie ever unless it is a formal occasion or my firm is hosting an event.

edit:
    What are peoples experience with the walt trousers in canvas versus wool? Canvas looks robust and the rise seems high enough to tuck in shirts.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  15. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Great picture and composition, Chris.

Epaulet Liberty of London shirt:
    [​IMG]