Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

That u-cap is a great looking shoe. You could wear the u cap with sport coat and trousers. I would think it might look odd with more casual pants like corduroy. But wool or linen pants, even dressy cotton ones, with a coat or coat-like sweater would look fantastic.

Personally, I wish there was a different color leather planned fr the U-cap. My dress clothes are greys, blues and blacks. I don't use a lot of olives or browns in these clothes, making brown dress shoes difficult to use. I do have one pair of tan trousers so maybe I do have a serious unmet need for this MTO.

Couldn't that U-cap be offered in an oxblood calf or cordovan? Or . . . . .. grey leather?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013

2. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Thank you sir!

3. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

How long is the code good for?

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I concur. Lovely home as well :)

5. ryosuke

ryosuke Senior member

Finally pulled the trigger on the Carmina double-monks on sale after lusting after it for a long time. I think a leather version would be better with denim, but the snuff suede will do for now. You guys think the double-monk shape will be a classic for years to come and how long will these suede shoes last me with proper care. I got the Tarrango protector as well.

6. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I just doubled up on popping my double monk cherry all at once. Picked up the snuff suede Carmina on sale....I had been eyeing those for a while and couldn't pass them up at the sale price. I tried on an 11.5UK once a while back but they were a little too big. Here's hoping the 11UK fits. If not, keep an eye out here because I'd be sure to flip them to another Epaulet fan.

Also got in on the Vass group MTO gold museum calf order. Based on all my readings of Vass sizing (literally hours worth of research), I decided on size 45.5 with a narrow fitting. Two big gambles on sizing, so I'll cross my fingers that I got it right this time.

As soon as I get my 15% off coupon, I'll place my winter Rudy order for a couple of the UK tweeds. And that 15% off does not count towards sale items right? Just wanted to double check incase I could have gotten an extra 15% off the Carmina DMs

7. kumizi

kumizi Senior member

Damn, I think I'm too fat for the Bartlett.

The Mulberry is a really snug fit across the shoulders and chest.

8. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Sounds awesome! I'm jealous of those picking up the Carmina suede dub monks. I'm leaning towards jumping on the Vass MTO gold calf dub monk as well, but I'm still debating between that one and the others, including the Vass cognac scotchgrain that hit a week or so ago (would do an individual order for that one).

Regarding the 15% discount: I don't think it applies to sale items, but I'm not positive. I placed an order the other day for a few of the new Walt tweeds (sandy orange and olive tree) and flannels (nightshade). Can't wait to get them!

9. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I believe Mike said a while ago that the 15% discount would apply to sale items.

10. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Thanks to whoever grabbed the suede DM in 9.5, I was tentatively considering them. Maybe the long-sleeve popover.. My blue point collar pinpoint doesn't get too much wear though. But what I'm going to grab is what seems like the last taupe heavyweight twill rivets in 31 (hope it's not a glitch since they've been there for quite a while).

11. scb

scb Senior member

so if I'm a barrie 11E, Vass F-Last 44.5 wide?

12. thirdman

thirdman Senior member

FF jacket just arrived. It's a terrible photo, I might try to take a better one later (although the colours are pretty close, including the unfortunate yellow of the wall).

[​IMG]

If the Southwick cuts work for you the FF jackets are a pretty amazing deal. Now I'm just looking forward to the next round...

13. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

[​IMG]

14. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I wear 11D Alden Barrie and have both 44.5G (wide) and 45F (medium) in New Peter last. G (wide) width in New Peter has plenty of length for me and is very comfortable in the width. So you may be guessing right for F last, which I have not yet tried myself.

Looks great. What's the fabric you chose?

15. zielschuss

zielschuss Well-Known Member

Is that the exploded rust check? Looked a lot more orange in the fabric swatch.