1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Speckled chambray sighting on Instagram. Looking mighty fine.

2 people like this.
  2. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

now, that's a good looking blue combo and nice pairing with the shoes! :slayer:

3. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

Not budapest, but thanks for the heads up and just in time to match with my new aldens!

4. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Rocking quite a bit of Epaulet today.
    Eggshell Wilshires, Flax LBM 1911, and Carmina Scotchgrain Jodhpurs.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  5. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Oh man, really? I posted about this like 3 weeks before @bkotsko. So not fair...

6. Don L

Don L Senior member

Navy Doyle and Coffee G&L MTO Walt's

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Uniqlo Polo
    Alden Cigar Cap Boots

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  7. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

Sooo where dem odd size chambray doyles at? As I sit freezing my bum off in my office

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

that coffee twill is super nice!

9. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Got my FF rivets in Golden and Rust yesterday. Going to treat them with the dye fixative (Retayne) that was recommended as these colors presumably fade quite dramatically. I have to say both the Golden and Rust colors are pretty awesome.

1 person likes this.
  10. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

Extending my props to you as well!

11. CPaul

CPaul Senior member

Please tell me some of the new shirts are coming in XXL. Oh and are those XXL epla oxfords in yet?

12. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I took a pair of coffee twill Rudy trousers and the POW suit that was recently marked down to an insane price in to my tailor at lunch and he gave his usual comments he makes when I bring in stuff from Epaulet about how nice of a quality they appear to be. He doesn't seem to make the same comments when I bring in most of my other stuff. I'll take that as a nod to the awesome Epaulet quality.

:slayer:

Speaking of the Rudy trousers... I sure hope we get to see more options for them soon.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  13. section31

section31 Member

I was just thinking about getting a new chambray shirt. I like the change in the collar stance as well.

14. wakawaka

wakawaka Well-Known Member

Hello guys, a question from someone who doesn't have as much Epaulet items as he'd like to have. I am a bit concerned with sizing of my Rivet Chinos in size 33 - it would be great to have another pair to compare them, but these are my only Rivets*... so perhaps you could help me out. I do have Walts in size 33 also, and my Rivets size 33 fit a tad looser at the waist. FWIW, I took photos of front waistband with tape measure along it: http://oi60.tinypic.com/20rn1n5.jpg and http://oi62.tinypic.com/am313p.jpg (I've used external image upload to avoid cluttering the thread with aesthetically devoid photos). The pants seem to be almost 87 cm, which is around 34.25 in. It's tough to show it, and obviously there are sooo many factors involved during measurement, but I did not overstretch the waistband and the Rivets seem just a tad wider than my Walts; not smaller, that's for sure. My main concern is whether I should go with size 32 next time – they are pretty loose (much space between waistband and my waist all around) and I can take them off easily without unbuttoning, which I don't know whether is the goal. I definitely could go down one size (not so sure about the 33 Walts). I am wondering, is it that my Rivets are somewhat wider than size 33 usually is? Maybe it is so to account for shrinkage during the first wash?

I know it's very difficult to provide reliable advice based on photos only, but still wanted to try my luck. A question to all you Rivet 33 owners out there - do some of your Rivet Chinos measure the same as mine?

* - OK, I do have one more pair of Rivets, but they are made from Cone Mills denim and have stretched so much that now they are even wider than those Rust ones :). But IIRC they were tighter initially.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  15. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

I would wash them.
    Then if too loose, have them taken in by a competent tailor. They are made to be taken in or let out easily.
    That being said, you may be able to go with a 32, but I would definitely wash first before making that decision.

1 person likes this.
  16. badsha

badsha Senior member

Cant wait to see this drop.

17. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

18. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

And you aren't kidding. That looks very very promising. And it has my favorite feature: side pockets so I can slouch around.

19. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

That chambray looks good. Although I have the baby blue flecked FF shirt, so it would probably be overkill (definitely not the thread to be saying this in [​IMG])

20. OlafG

OlafG Senior member

Very nice! Can you post more photos of the Coffee twill? Looks like a color I need...