• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone have experience with the indigo farm jeans? Just wondering what's special about them, since their price seems to be quite a bit higher than a lot of well known made-in-japan deim brands.

I don't have experience first hand, but I am well aware of Indigo Farm and they are on-par w/ lots of the more well known (here) brands like Flat Head, etc. That price is not really that different from almost every MIJ brand sold at Self Edge. And at the sale price, it's on par w/ made in the US (of Japanese denim) brands like 3sixteen+.

If they had my size, I'd be all over them.

I REALLY don't need more blue oxford shirting, but I'm super tempted by the popover, as I own no popovers and kind of dig them...

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some nice deals. Who wants to buy my navy Carmina Faulkers so I can get in on some of this? Haha

Those who have the double monks -- would you say TTS?

Same question for the Hawthorne loafers.

Thanks!

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some nice deals. Who wants to buy my navy Carmina Faulkers so I can get in on some of this? Haha

Thanks!

I'd say TTS for Carmina Salingers is fine. Those suede dubmonks do look desirable.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

These are from last weekend at the Norfolk coast. This SC is great for warmer temperatures. I wear it all the time, often instead of a blazer:

I picked up this sweater on a recent trip through Manhattan:

Great scenery there! Very cool looks too.

Hi Mike,

Is the plan to eventually get the Walt fit, structured jackets and/or MTOs going with Samuelson? Alternatively, is there any chance of Southwick doing a MTO in the Loro Piana Rain System hopsack? Maybe I'm placing too much emphasis on the rain system aspect. But, it sounds like a very cool feature for a hard working suit.

thanks!

Yes, we're working on creating the Walt with Samuelsohn. At the moment they have two MTO trouser fits which are close. One is very close to the Rudy and the other is slimmer than the Walt. It's the Phineas Cole fit.

We could certainly offer a Rain System suit with the Rudy-ish fit. They could certainly be tailored down to a Walt taper without a problem. The fit is pretty close, just not exact. Id' have to get the exact price, but I imagine it would fall in the $1400 range with all upcharges included. Samuelsohn trousers are very nice, but they're on the pricey side. But given that union of great fabric and really phenomenal construction, it's a pretty solid deal even that that MTO price. Drop us an email and we can get it rolling if you're interested.

At the moment, we can't offer this fabric with Southwick - it's not something in their line.

Also looks like prices on a few Vass models came down a bit.

Yes, our Vass shoes are $795 and Double Monks are $825. Shoe trees are now included in that price. The boots are the same price as before.

I'm sure that you guys noticed that both us and another vendor both launched VASS at the same exact time. We were given a different cost structure for importing the shoes. But we went back to the drawing board and hashed out a cheaper system for bringing them in. So we were able to drop the price on the shoes - and pricing for both group buys and individual MTO's will be less as well. The boot pricing didn't change as it's very costly for VASS to make off-the-rack boots.

I've got three group buys going up this evening, so we'll get all of that rolling. We're also the exclusive US agent to individual MTO orders.

Well, I have to size down to a 7.5D in the Barrie.  Otherwise, I have too much room up front.  Given this, do you think a Carmina 7.5UK would be too large?  I assume yes but would like your thoughts.

On a laced shoe you might be able to make it work, but I'd fear that the 7.5UK is going to be too big for you on the double monk. It's something that you need to wear pretty fitted.

Hi guys, do you think a good taylor can adapt a size 30 rivet chino in a 31.5? is there enough texture to let this happen?
thanks

That's a lot to let out. I'd suggest doing a MTO for a size 31 or bringing in a size 32 a touch.

Mike-

Will the gloves drop tomorrow? Finally have some cold weather on the east coast...

Yup, coming out today - should be online shortly!

Thanks!

Double Monks are fairly TTS. If you're on the edge of two sizes then go down a half - you need to wear those pretty fitted.

You'll want to drop 1.5 for the Hawthorne (order an 8.5UK if you typically wear a US10). They're handsewns and they're meant to stretch a bit to fit.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 11D in AE Strands and the Carmina Faulkner in 9UK are way too tight to wear.

I went with the 10UK dub monks....

Wade

Reaction score
if i was a sz 30, i'd go on a field day with the sale, so many good trousers

barena knit sc's also look good, cant wait for the fit pics of them

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

As you've seen, we're building out a ton of products here. I'll post them up as they go live. First off - may I present our new "Bartlett" jacket! Classic double-rider, slim fit, gorgeous leather, available in tough black and freaking awesome navy.

We've received unbelievable feedback on our leather jackets this season. If you're into this style, then I don't think that you can do better than this piece. It's really something special:

Bartlett Double Zip Motorcycle Jacket Navy Cowhide: $995

Bartlett Double Zip Motorcycle Jacket Black Cowhide: $995

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. I'll hold off then. Although I do see some Vass double monks in gold calf for a group buy. Yea mon!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi Mike,

How's sizing for gloves work?

Thanks.

They're essentially S-M-L right now. I'm going to find some concrete sizing advice online and post it up to complete the items later tonight. Sorry about that. I asked the manufacturer what the three most common sizes for gloves were.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They're essentially S-M-L right now. I'm going to find some concrete sizing advice online and post it up to complete the items later tonight. Sorry about that. I asked the manufacturer what the three most common sizes for gloves were.

Sounds great! Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics