Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

The hopsacks are great for SoCal! Today I'm wearing the dove gray. I'd definetly go for another color. The burgundy is on my list when they're restocked.

It looks like the stock is low, but the gray merino side-tabs are great as well. I wore them well into the summer.

The oxford gray flannel are heavier, like the nightshade. I've worn them both a couple times, but they do get warm. Under 70° is best … but one time it was pushing 75° and I survived ;)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  2. Reveille

Reveille Well-Known Member

I'll have to check out the Merinos!

I'm weary of flannels and tweeds for SoCal for the exact reason of warmth. But darn it, I love the way the tweeds look!

3. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

I live in so cal and own several of the tweeds and flannels and wear them daily. I figure I work in a business with AC, and I'm not spending much time outside, so it doesn't matter much.

4. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

Yep, me too.

5. Reveille

I do spend some time outside going from location to location, so that's one of my worries.

6. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

If you're near the ocean like me, breeze will nullify the heat. Otherwise, if you're inland, go for the hopsacks/tropical wool etc. Or just wear a breath-able shirt to try and compensate. (I've done linen/cotton mix shirt to help offset before, weird combo, but it works, and the tweed was worth it!)

7. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

We have the Alt Wien in the Manhattan shop. Unfortunately, the olive Ripstop is in Santa Monica. We have a couple of other colors you could try on for sizing, however.

They're both about the same weight, so I wouldn't say one will necessarily be warmer than the other. Both of these should get you through a DC winter just fine. The tweed is more coarse and feels a bit more substantial, but mostly to do with the way tweed is woven vs flannel.

I would jump on them sooner rather than later. Drop me a PM if you want to put in a special order.

WHOOOOOOA! You knocked this one straight out of the park. I think the ball is still in the air, actually.

Glad you dig the sweater! And that's Jason Priest...err...Logan's writing. Far more readable than my chicken-scratch.

[​IMG]

I would echo the guys' responses so far. The Hopsack, Super 120's and Merino are definitely the best year-round SoCal fabrics.

I would say most of the basic flannels (Oxford Grey, Navy, etc) will be pretty comfortable in the 65-70 and below range. They're pretty damn perfect also.

Sorry about that! As someone stated, we don't get a pickup on Sunday and we're closed Monday. If the tracking hasn't updated by around the time we close (7:30) this evening, drop me a line and I'll check into it.

8. Reveille

Cool! Thanks for the tip!

9. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Is there much in the way of shirting on tap over the next few weeks? More flannels? With MTO shirting on a longer integration I'd love to hear what's new there...

10. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

The only new shirting for the season is our EPLA heavyweight denim shirts (western shirt & utility shirt). Those are planned for late November. In terms of flannels and fall styles, the entire season has been delivered. We don't have any restocks on order, so the inventory now is all that we'll have on the seasonal styles.

11. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Ok, thanks for the update!

12. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

I'm surprised by this. I'd highly recommend you spend some more and get the Made in USA Jiffy. It is a fine piece of engineering, especially the one with the wooden handle.

13. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

wj4 - sometimes you genuinely puzzle me with your sartorial choices. But other times you TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF! Like this time. Outstanding look all around.

14. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Hey Mike,

Wanted to ask you whether this issomething the tailor can take care of? I received the pants as is and was wondering if cutting out the seam will release the split waist band.

[​IMG]

Also, are the flannels usually cut baggier than the lighter fabrics such as the Walt 120s? My four other pairs of walts in lighter fabric are all similar in size, but my flannel is a tad larger, so I had to bring it to a tailor to get it tapered. Is it better to downsize in the heavier fabric and adjust the waist? Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  15. Abecedarian

Abecedarian Senior member

Matt, meant to ask you when I saw you - are any moleskins coming in this fall? Also, will there be a restock of the ironwood tweeds?