1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Pastor

Pastor Senior Member

I don't care much about college ball but if I did have a team it would be USC (South Carolina NOT Southern California). This is who my family all pulls for. At least ya'll are still in the top 10. USC moved to 20 after they got beat by UT.

That quarterback for FSU is a fantastic player.

2. Shanil

Shanil Active Member

I've been wearing my Wyatt Horsehide jacket (almost) non-stop since I got it, this thing is glorious - don't sit on the fence on this one. Seriously.

EDIT: Also I thought I should comment on Epaulet's excellent service. I ordered the jacket moments after it went online, but once I received it I found out the size Small was a bit too snug. One call to Mike (after store hours mind you) and he had a replacement Medium on hold at the back of the store for pickup the very next day, no questions asked.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013

3. monologuist

monologuist Well-Known Member

Can you comment on the weight of this makeup? Seeing that you are in L.A., over what months or what temps would you reasonably wear these? I have the grape herringbone flannel from a couple years back which may or may not be related, and while they are beautiful, I find that I hardly wear them because they are just a bit too warm for all but the coldest days of SoCal weather (which amounts to be maybe a month in a relatively cool year).

Also how would you describe the color tone as a whole? From the store pics on my monitor, it looks like it would appear almost grayish-purple from a distance, which is actually not far from the very grape herringbone Walts I just referred to.

4. Dbear

Dbear Distinguished Member

clemson and lsu are both godawful and now let's not be annoying and talk college football in this thread

5. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior Member

I can refrain from taking football on here, but let's not be a complete dumb ass and calling us and LSU "awful." Deal?

6. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

I have them both...I'd say the grape is just a bit heavier and warmer...but this isn't too far behind. Its definitely not purple, its more of a brown and navy melange. Hope that helps! FWIW, I've worn these once, temps were low 60s, and I was good.

7. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior Member

In regard to the weight, in my opinion it is a perfect mid-weight. So, I would anticipate wearing them when the temps are mid 70's and below. I tried the russet tweed in-store and although beautiful, I would find it hard to ever wear them because they are pretty thick. I have no doubt that the wool flannel will get plenty of wear when temps drop a bit more.

In regard to the color, they do have a purplish/greyish tint, but also appear to be a blue color in darker light. But here is a pic that I hope shows the complexity of the color. You can see the flecks of other colors in them. I feel these pants can go with basically any color shirt or shoes. When I got home I paired them with black shoes and they looked great, and some ravello Alden's and that looked great as well.

[​IMG]

8. REguy

REguy Senior Member

^ Beautiful. Can you comment on how close they are to the Ironwood Donegals? I'm guessing these are more blue.

9. hooker4186

hooker4186 Distinguished Member

Speaking of Ironwood Donegals - I'm looking for a pair in size 31 if anyone's having second thoughts.

10. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior Member

Thanks! I was really impressed with them, so I had to jump on them while my size was still in stock.

And ya, you are spot on. The Nightshade have more a a purplish/bluish/grey hue, while the Ironwoods are certainly more brown/grey hue.

11. tricky

tricky Distinguished Member

Ok so I bought a steamer....any tips and tricks from the Steam Team because wrinkles are still there.

Do you press it directly on the material? How long to hold in one spot? Appreciate any tips guys!

12. mothball

mothball Senior Member

Alden Alt Wiens & wool rivet chinos.

[​IMG]

13. tricky

tricky Distinguished Member

14. pekingman

pekingman Well-Known Member

Just in case you didn't notice, the Ironwood Donegal fabric is listed as part of the Rudy pre-orders, so if you decide you just have to have a pair of these guess you could also contact Epaulet and see if they can cut a pair of Walts for you in your size.

15. neutrino

neutrino Senior Member

It seems that the old trick of finding out the stock quantity of an item by repeatedly adding it to the cart no longer works [​IMG]