• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The denim is sanforized already, so it's not going to change all that much with the rinse. We're mostly doing that to shrink the inseam and give a correct fit at the waist. Presently we're shooting for a price of around $165. Going to put a Brown Chromexcel patch onto the back too :slayer:

This is great news. Really good pricepoint too, keeping it as sub-$200 denim.

FWIW, on these jeans, as a Rudy wearer, I don't think a cut like that would be as necessary - it's just as easy to size up in the waist and wear them a bit lower, particularly given the immensely casual nature of jeans. FWIW, that's what I've done on all of my RCs (buy up to a 36 from the 34 for the sake of the thighs), and then wash them hot to shrink the waist down.

Eh - IDK. Guess I'll need to wait for posted measurements to see how it'd work.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

This is great news. Really good pricepoint too, keeping it as sub-$200 denim.

FWIW, on these jeans, as a Rudy wearer, I don't think a cut like that would be as necessary - it's just as easy to size up in the waist and wear them a bit lower, particularly given the immensely casual nature of jeans. FWIW, that's what I've done on all of my RCs (buy up to a 36 from the 34 for the sake of the thighs), and then wash them hot to shrink the waist down.

Eh - IDK. Guess I'll need to wait for posted measurements to see how it'd work.

I'm pretty sure that you could wear them, especially if you take a 34. Jeans are meant to break in and stretch - and they look better worn a bit tight, then a Rivet Chino or Walt. The cut on these isn't really slim by jean standards. I'd say that if you can wear a Levis 501, then these should probably work. But we'll have specific measurements on the launch.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I iron the back of my LBM 1911? Just need to remove the wrinkles....

(Hoping this isn't in the running for dumbest question of the year)

Last edited:

stmaier

Reaction score
In terms of a bigger fit, I'll have to get back to you on it. Personally, I'd love to do it. This jean is going to work for the majority of our customers, but it will not work for the Rudy guys. Years back I made a sample called the "Bond" (named after Bond street, not Bond, James Bond) which is the only jean in my closet. The fit is great, and it works in lock-step with the Rudy. Denim production often has large minimums (over 100 units per run), and it would most likely take us a long time to move through that quantity in a Rudy fit. But if I can catch the factory on a quiet week and do a 24-unit run or so, I'd love to try it. I haven't been able to find a single high-end jean anywhere that works for larger thighs but still maintains a decent taper to the leg opening.

Man...please, please, please make this happen! this sounds perfect...love the name as well...

will the epsdenim.com website be refreshed now that the Wilshire is ready to go?

Dirty Gurty

Reaction score
Well, I held out for a couple weeks but finally couldn't resist that grey & burgundy windowpane flannel's siren call any longer.

Oh, and I got my blue speckle FF rivets today and they're really great! I ordered a 35 since the 34 I usually get in the ducks is always a touch tight till they stretch and it fits perfectly!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Can I iron the back of my LBM 1911? Just need to remove the wrinkles....

(Hoping this isn't in the running for dumbest question of the year)

Not dumb at all. Yes, you can definitely iron the back of your LBM jacket - it's cotton. I'd use a low setting just to be safe. It's not particularly delicate, but you don't want to risk burning it.

And, definitely consider joining the "Steam Team" sometime in the future. Getting a stand up steamer will change your life. I haven't used an ironing board in 10 years. We keep this in all three of our stores:

http://www.amazon.com/Conair-GS7RXF...qid=1381889627&sr=8-5&keywords=conair+steamer

Man...please, please, please make this happen!  this sounds perfect...love the name as well...

will the epsdenim.com website be refreshed now that the Wilshire is ready to go?

Will do! And thanks for posting that link - I haven't seen that site in years! Those were the days.

Well, I held out for a couple weeks but finally couldn't resist that grey & burgundy windowpane flannel's siren call any longer.

Oh, and I got my blue speckle FF rivets today and they're really great! I ordered a 35 since the 34 I usually get in the ducks is always a touch tight till they stretch and it fits perfectly!

Thank you sir!

yesssir

Reaction score
Seems like a silly question but do you guys iron your duck canvas chinos? I want to wear mine both casually with a tee and slightly dressed up with a blazer and don't know if it's cool to iron them or not. Thanks.

mothball

Reaction score

Seems like a silly question but do you guys iron your duck canvas chinos? I want to wear mine both casually with a tee and slightly dressed up with a blazer and don't know if it's cool to iron them or not. Thanks.

I iron them inside out on low heat and have never had any problems.

chimaki

Reaction score
I'm a recent convert to the steamer-only crowd on all of my washable stuff. all the trousers/dry clean only stuff get that treatment along with traditional dress shirts, while all of my chinos, cotton trousers, and ocbds get the steamer after a cold wash and hang dry. the steamer will do a great job on anything cotton so long as your not looking for a crease, and much quicker, at least for me. i'm done with the iron at home.

i've got one question for the crowd to field, nightshade or the donegal navy? I know, its sacrilege given the nightshade fawning of recent history! usage will be some winter work apparel in a very casual business casual office, winter parties, etc.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I dry clean all of my pants, including the duck chinos. I mainly do this to avoid fading.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think 1/2 the appeal of a duck canvas pant is its toughness & ease of care. A short spin in the dryer on the low & then hang dry & you basically have a ready to go pant for anything short of press-worthy events. (Pressing not reporters). But everyone has their own steeze.

Got my MTO Rivets today! Moss w/ orange tape & blue pinstripe pocket bags. Realized that sizing up to 33 and then full dryer cycle to shrink them a bit yields a better fit for me then 32 w/ fear of any shrinkage.

MTO is so rad. For barely more than a hem job--at least a decent one--it's pretty fresh to tweak the details a bit. Already pondering what's next...

Last edited:

cold war painter

Reaction score
I wash rivets on 30 degrees, hang dry, then iron if I'm wearing them in a business casual fit with a sportscoat, otherwise no ironing for a casual fit.

I actually like the fading. I'm particularly looking forward to the french blues getting faded.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome....will be joining the Steam Team this weekend. Sounds too good to be true!

I wash and iron all my duck canvas pants....I try to stay clear of dry cleaning as much as possible....but I do have a wet cleaner nearby that I use on occasion for pants/sweaters that can't be washed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads