• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Apple is an organic daisy girl. Copped at Publix.

I'm actually about ready for some cooler weather... Will regret saying that around Jan. or so.
1f600.png

bbri06

Reaction score
Can anyone weigh in on the warmth of the flannel button downs? Are they significantly warmer than the oxfords?

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone weigh in on the warmth of the flannel button downs? Are they significantly warmer than the oxfords?

My flannels from the past are heavier weight than the oxfords by a bit...not crazy heavy by weight but flannel will always be a little warmer due its finish I think.

Can't speak to the most current releases though, but I'm sure someone here can.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apple is an organic daisy girl. Copped at Publix.

I'm actually about ready for some cooler weather... Will regret saying that around Jan. or so.
1f600.png

Ah, the Southeast. I'll be in the second city in January, so I'll share that regret.

They are, but not insanely so. I've handled all of the current flannel shirts, and they're a good medium weight. If you remember the cream or multi check shirts from last fall, which were a very heavy flannel, the current shirts are a shade lighter. They're substantial, but I never feel overheated in them (whereas sometimes I do overheat in my cream flannel shirt with a sweater indoors). Hope that helps. That baby blue, btw, is nutso. A gorgeous fabric.

kwanon

Reaction score
I can't remember, is there any Nightshade fabric available for custom orders?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From EP's FB page:

Epaulet Wilshire Selvedge Jean final fit trial

Have been anticipating this one so highly.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Love the whole combination. Looking good.

Agreed, that looks great!

Hi Guys,

I was noticing that the sleeves on my Napoli jacket flare a little from mid-forearm to the cuff. Is this my imagination? Do all sport coats do this or is this just specific to the Napoli?

No, they have the same sleeves as all of the other jackets, and pretty much share that overall proportion with all of Southwick's coats. I know what you're saying though, nearly any jacket will look like the cuff is a bit flared when your arms are in certain positions.

Any chance the big fall delivery of Walts will arrive this week?

Yes sir! Got half coming tomorrow, the other half on Wednesday. We'll have the full line up for sale by Friday - along with all of the Rudy preorders.

is there another winter coat in the works? I seem to remember an overcoat of sorts coming down the pipe.

Yup, about one week out. A Harris Tweed overcoat from Southwick. We'll also have a down leather puffer jacket from Schott, a perfecto-style leather motorcycle jacket, a snuff suede blazer, and the melton wool CPO jacket.

Man. I have no idea where the hell we're going to put all of this. I need to remember to rent bigger stores the next time around.

I finally got a chance to stop by the Santa Monica store on Friday evening and had the pleasure of meeting Mike and Adele for the first time. It's not like I needed any further convincing to cement my status as a lifetime Epaulet customer, but if I did, they would have managed to do so and then some. It was awesome to finally meet the faces behind my favorite clothing brand and to be able to talk clothing and style with people whose knowledge of the industry vastly exceeds my own. I got a chance to check out some swatches of the MTO fabrics (that wool corduroy is freaking awesome) and Mike was kind enough to give me a sneak peak at some of the upcoming pieces of the Epaulet LA line. If your tastes at all align with my own, prepare to have your mind blown. There were some awesome pieces there. I'm really looking forward to the new Epaulet t-shirt.

As much fun as it was drooling over all the amazing product, the highlight of the evening for me was drinking Bulleit Rye with Mike and talking about things totally unrelated to clothing. The same qualities and personality traits that make he and Adele amazing retailers, makes them all around amazing people as well. It was a true pleasure getting to meet them. Also, between Clarence Carter's "Strokin" and R Kelly's "Real Talk", there was no shortage of class or elegance for the evening.
bigstar%5B1%5D.gif

Thanks so much - it was great meeting you too! Hanging out with our West Coast customers has been one of the best things about expanding the business here. It's very inspirational to meet you guys!

And, my god, R.Kelly's "Real Talk" is the gift that keeps on giving. Dylan and I were just talking about it today. It's from 2007. It's been consistently hilarious for over six years. I can't imagine a time when I am ever sick of watching it.

And "Strokin" is Dylan and Matt's sworn Karaoke jam. They both proudly sang it in a college-age disco in Florence during our Summertime Pitti trip. Is was then that I realized that all of the #menswear guys were having a much more sophisticated time there than we were. That song is hilarious.

^EP, it's a lifestyle.
1f604.png

Surreptitious airport shot with Marcello guncheck and cobalt blue linen FF Walts.

Color combo of the pants are jacket are super boss here!

Yup, all of our flannels are. The $150 flannels are the thickest of the bunch, especially the "Nighthawk" and the three Buffalo check ones. The $195 flannels are a much finer cloth and a bit lighter, but still very much a Fall/Winter piece.

I can't remember, is there any Nightshade fabric available for custom orders?

No, unfortunately we're totally tapped out of that. But we'll have about 10 more fabrics to show you in a few days and they'll be enough to reorder any of them.

From EP's FB page:

Epaulet Wilshire Selvedge Jean final fit trial

Have been anticipating this one so highly.

Thanks for posting that! I actually have a bunch of sample images and thoughts to share with you guys about the new Epaulet Los Angeles (think that we're going to call it EPLA for short) line is going to be. We're looking at a launch around November everything. There's some really exciting things in work! Me, Matt, and Adele have all been working together to make it happen.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks for posting that! I actually have a bunch of sample images and thoughts to share with you guys about the new Epaulet Los Angeles (think that we're going to call it EPLA for short) line is going to be. We're looking at a launch around November everything. There's some really exciting things in work! Me, Matt, and Adele have all been working together to make it happen.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

stmaier

Reaction score

Mike--you are burning the midnight oil again...will there be a Rudy fit equivalent of the jeans for us large thigh guys?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Who took the picture, Frank? :slayer:

Caramel ducks:

Timer shot with iPhone propped up against a water bottle on counter. I'm pretty shy about taking obvious photos of myself in public. Thus the unusual angle and odd cropping. It's not of wj4/SVB/NYI quality, but it gives you the idea.
1f60a.png

Last edited:

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the nightshade Walt's for their maiden spin today. Pushing it as the weather is still quite mild for fall but love the hand and coloring on these.
Paired with the Alt Wien Alden's....

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Look great, DOn! I plan to be pairing my nightshades with #8 shortly as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads