Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. i10casual

i10casual Senior member

You have the best collection of fall items that I have seen so far.

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Both of these are medium-weight wool jackets (around 22-24oz). I'd say that they would work for a winter in SC or over here in SoCal. Provide you're not layering underneath them, you'll probably want temps in the high 50's. And of course most guys take a trip or two somewhere colder, where these can be put more into action.

I wouldn't say that there's a big difference in warmth between the two styles. The Car Coat has been one of our best-selling jackets since 2009. It's a great price, made in Canada, and really solid. We've sold literally hundreds of them to area guys in NYC as their Fall/Winter coats. Gloverall jackets are phenomenal duffle coats, and the fit on this one is really dialed in. Their traditional fit (like the Monty model) is really boxy. If you have shorter arms then you can size down on it, but often the sleeves end up being too short when you do that - and the armholes always look big.

If you're in the market for a solid coat, you don't need it for most of the season, and the Duffle isn't specifically calling you, then the Car Coat is fantastic.

Should be shipping from Italy on Mon-Tues, and received here about 4-5 days after that. We're really anxious for them!

I love Charleston too - what a beautiful city that is.

No to the first one and yes to the second. These are more of a Fall weight chino, along the lines of a medium-weight jean. They are easy to dress down though. I'd say that this is one of the more casual fabrics that we've run in the Rivet Chino

3. Epaulet

Thanks! Well, we'll see how it performs and we'll certainly reorder it if it does well. The only issue is the leather - we waited about 10 months to actually get it, so restocks would probably be more intermittent here

Thank you sir! We've been completely nutzo building all of this stuff out this week.

4. Epaulet

Wyatt Motorcycle Jacket in Horween Horsehide

It's here! Our banded collar motorcycle jacket made in the real-deal-Holyfield of horsehide leather. We ordered in a medium weight, so this jacket isn't too heavy, it still drapes properly, and it doesn't need to be broken in. You get the awesome wear and patina of horsehide without the crazy stiffness for half a year. We love it!

[​IMG]
    Wyatt Motorcycle Jacket in Dark Brown Horween Horsehide: $1195

[​IMG]
    Wyatt Motorcycle Jacket in Black Horween Horsehide: $1195

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013

5. Shanil

Shanil Active Member

Just bought this one! Wonder what kind of unique variations will come with it, look forward to that extra bit of character. Any comments on how the color changes (lightens?) with age? Upkeep tips?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013

6. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Semper Fi! Former Marine here as well.

7. Epaulet

Thank you sir! The color is going to change quite a bit with age - you'll notice a pronounced lightening at the stress and movement points. It will be able to fade and change without cracking. And a really great thing about horsehide and shell cordovan is the way that a little bit of care will bring it back to life.

No real tips needed for upkeep. I'll use something like Pecard's dressing once or twice a season. It's pretty low maintenance! My only suggestion is to wear it as much as possible.

8. Epaulet

Veneto Vest Fit

I burned some midnight oil on the newsletter last night, so I've got an easy going look tonight. This is taken in the strange "Melrose Place"-like courtyard of my apartment building here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Veneto Cashmere Down Vest
    Epaulet Pima Cotton T-Shirt (just a sample now, look for this in November!)
    Rudy trousers in Olive Sanded UK Canvas
    Some kind of crazy Nikes

9. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Senior member

Just got the shipping confirmation for my Loden Orange Windowpane FF Sports coat. One down, one more to go!

10. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Vest is looking good! Makes me want to try that size 38. I also like the coke gmt master as well (I think that's what's on your wrist). : )

11. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Word up on the tees...excited to see what comes out of LA.

12. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

I was noticing the watch as well. Have been thinking about one of these for awhile. Wife just gave me the new sub but I really like the older GMT's (although the new "batman" version is pretty badass.

13. badsha

badsha Senior member

Mike will you be open Sunday this weekend? Since it is the VASS MTO weekend. Santa Monica Store is usually closed Sunday/Monday.

14. tricky

tricky Senior member

Just receive my goldenrod FF Sportcoat. Holy crap it's bananas. I was experimenting with size 39R and now I regret not ordering others.

Also received my parka - I wouldn't size down. It's quite slim with high arm holes.

My MTO autumn rivets didn't make the order but I'm thinking I should have gone size 33 instead of 34.

If anyone received a pair of 33 MTO and needs to swap 34 let me know. Any pattern is cool.

15. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

FF Navy Blazer. I tapered the sides a bit. What do you guys think of the fit?

Cement 120s as well.

[​IMG]