Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. i10casual

i10casual Senior member

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Haha, glad that you dig it! I'll have the Horsehide Wyatt up shortly...

Yes, I'd say that it's accurate. They call this "Oxblood," but it's darker than most oxbloods that I've seen. I'd call it a medium-dark brown with a reddish cast. It's pretty freaking beautiful.

The F-Last has a brilliant fit. I wear both that and the Inca very comfortably. Check out the sizing rec's in the item, they should work for you.

Thank you! I love the Lovat sweater. We went out on a bit of a limb with it, but I knew that it would be a brilliant tone with our more colorful Fall trousers.

Unfortnately no. Our stock on Vass is pretty limited (about 15 pairs per style), so I don't see them making it to LA anytime soon. We'll most likely divvy that inventory up between the two NY shops. I had the Austerity Brogues here for people to try on for about six weeks, and we fitted quite a lot of guys with those. But I had them sent back to NYC a few weeks ago.

But if you come by, we can get you into a pair of Carmina Forest last shortwings. Those speak to all of the Vass lasts that we used very well. I can personally take you through all of the colors and details too.

Yes, all of them have been

Haha, you'll love the Scotchgrain. And that Theresianer is so tight. Vass does that style brilliantly.

Yes sir, we've got a full size run of Nightshade here. What we have on hand is the last of it for the season

You have to touch it! What a smooth operator that sweater is

3. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Just opened up the new arrivals tab, dat product slew [​IMG]and finally some love for us chino fans [​IMG] GVs look awesome. Waiting to see the leather stuffs

4. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

X-posting this from the Epaulet x Vass thread since this one usually gets more traffic. I still get a little confused with the US to Euro sizing equivalents, especially since I'm a narrow. Is it an E width that's considered narrow in Vass Euro sizing? I'm thinking I may need a 45E or maybe 45.5E in the F last double monk

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013

5. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Need some opinions from the group. I'm thinking of grabbing either the Schott car coat or the Gloverall duffle (grey and charcoal, respectively). Do you think the Gloverall would be too warm/overkill for the typical weather in the south (SC)? I like both of these and keep going back and forth. I'll pick once up soon when it gets a little cooler. Thanks.

6. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

^^Yes, I believe it is E that is narrow. F is medium. G wide. I wear Barrie 11D comfortably (and can wear 10.5E) and wear Carmina Forest 11UK or 10.5UK wide. Vass 45F (medium) fits me nicely on the New Peter Last with a little extra room in the length. I can also go with 44.5G.

If you haven't found it yet, you might want to look through the Vass thread for NAMOR's sizing. I believe he's a similar size to you, at least in length. I recall him going with maybe a 45.5 in an F last shoe and then maybe even trying on 46 when he had the good fortune to visit the Vass shop in person.

Good luck. The shoes are very very nice.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013

7. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

Where in SC? I used to live in NC and though I think that Gloverall looks awesome, I'm pretty sure it would totally be overkill in the eastern side of the state, but would probably be great somewhere on the western side in the mountains. I don't think the western portion of SC is as mountainous or cool as NC and think that even in the coldest area of SC the jacket would probably be overkill most of the fall/winter.

8. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Do you have an ETA for the Barena sweater blazers?

9. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Where in NC? I live in Greenville which, as you may know, is in the "upstate" or western side of the staet and only about an hour or so from Asheville, 45 minutes from Clemson and around 1.5 hours from Charlotte and Atlanta. I love Greenville (great town, family and friends are here, and Clemson is close), but I've also lived in Charleston for three years and it's still my favorite city in the world.

Thanks for the advice on the gloverall. That's exactly what I was thinking. We typically get some ice a few times during the winter, but last year (or maybe it was two winters ago) we didn't get a single bit of ice, sleet or snow. Snow is very rare, unless it's an inch or two tops and it'll melt in a day. I'll probably just stick to the car coat, or I may still give that size 38 veneto vest a try! Thanks again.

10. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I lived in Jacksonville, NC for about 4 years (on and off) when I was in the Marine Corps and Greenville for a semester at ECU before moving back to Michigan.

FWIW, if you are interested in a Gloverall, you can usually find them fairly cheaply used on eBay (well under $100 shipped), and while they won't be as trim fitting as the Epaulet version, maybe a cheap-o used one wouldn't be a bad idea for something you would probably only wear a handful of times a year, and to keep handy for those wintertime trips to Chicago or Minneapolis.

11. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Thanks for the info Frank, this was very helpful. I think NAMOR is about a half size smaller than me, but I'll check his thread and try to make some comparisons there as well.

12. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Okay, so you know how the weather is here. That ebay idea isn't so bad, so I may look into that. We try to take one trip to somewhere like NYC, Boston or Chicago during the winter, so that would probably be the only time it would get used (or when we go to the mountains I guess). Thanks again for your help.

13. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

14. jm22

jm22 Senior member

Any idea if the new grey ash 10oz twill rivets are 1) comfortable to wear during hot (80-90F) and humid days and 2) are as easy to dress down as the duck canvas rivets? (I'm guessing no on both accounts...).

15. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior member

That horsehide jacket... Just amazing! Too bad I just picked up a toj earlier this year. Will this be a stock item in the future? Because every man needs a jacket like that right :)