• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stmaier

Reaction score
That Vass lineup is looking pretty sick. One more question - will the new UK tweeds (specifically the grey and olive-brown) be available as Rudy pre-orders soon? I'd like to pick up those along with hopefully one of the Vass group MTOs this weekend.

looking forward to the Rudy pre-orders as well...pumped for the Aubergine...

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A repost since it got burried pretty quickly with all the new drops these past few days.

Just wanted to check in with you guys before doing something stupid with my blazer.

So I went to my tailor today to dial in the sides for my FF navy blazer. He said it was necessary to take out the lining from the inside to taper the sides. Another way is to taper it from the back and not touch the linings on the inside at all.

He said to do it from the back is also cheaper since he would not have to take out the lining from the side and restitch. Looking for some insights. Thanks.

stmaier

Reaction score
A repost since it got burried pretty quickly with all the new drops these past few days.

Just wanted to check in with you guys before doing something stupid with my blazer.

So I went to my tailor today to dial in the sides for my FF navy blazer. He said it was necessary to take out the lining from the inside to taper the sides. Another way is to taper it from the back and not touch the linings on the inside at all.

He said to do it from the back is also cheaper since he would not have to take out the lining from the side and restitch. Looking for some insights. Thanks.
Mike gave you some advise in post #24011

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
My apologies. Thanks for the guidance as well. Amazing people in this thread.

neutrino

Reaction score
Mike, any news on the MTO shirting? Also, any more flannel shirts this season?

mothball

Reaction score
Stealing Frank's camera angle in caramel ducks & Epaulet x Alden cigar Indy boots.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I already asked this sort of but just to confirm, one should buy the same size as one's epaulet sportcoats/suit jackets in the duffel coat even if you intend to wear it as an overcoat over said sportcoats/suit jackets? Wouldn't want to buy one and not be able to wear it over my jackets, since using it in that way is the primary reason I'd be getting it in the first place. Thanks!

I would recommend buying it in the same size. That advice will be up on the website shortly. I snapped a couple of shots earlier. This is a size 36 Gloverall worn over an OCBD and sweater then over a sportcoat. For reference I'm a small Epaulet shirt, 36 Southwick jacket and 46 LBM.

(apologies for the crap quality and crazy eyes)

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn, I can never get a coat over a sportcoat to fit that nicely unless its a straight up overcoat...maybe this coat is different, may have to kop.

Anyway, Found this jacket at the factory, FF Cocoa Plaid, Nightshade Flannel and Cigar Brixton:

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn, I can never get a coat over a sportcoat to fit that nicely unless its a straight up overcoat...maybe this coat is different, may have to kop.

Anyway, Found this jacket at the factory, FF Cocoa Plaid, Nightshade Flannel and Cigar Brixton:

Your looks are consistently strong, but this may be the HOFer right here. Trousers, SC, and boots all among the best that Epaulet has ever done.

Last edited:

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First off, this thread has been a revelation. Three chinos, a sweater, the Lazio, OCBD... my casual look has improved by leaps and bounds. And yet, after reading through dozens of pages, I still cannot figure out what Factory Finds (FF) are and how you get them. Can someone please explain? Thanks gents.

Last edited:

upgrayedd

Reaction score
Epaulet regularly offers limited run offerings in pants, shirts or jackets. Since the fabrics are in quantities too small for a full-run, they get a discount on them from their suppliers and are thus able to offer the items at a lower price than one would generally pay for pieces of that quality.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
FF are special fabric runs offered from time to time, usually extras or end of production bits that are offered as sort of a "limited edition" deal. They only pop up every couple of months or so. Best thing to do is follow this thread to get the best/fastest updates (that is how I wound up on here). Oh, and when they hit, act fast as quantities are indeed limited.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads