1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

When I saw them on sale I immediately went to the site to see of there was a 42R there. Alas, no luck. It's a beautiful jacket.

2. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

I've been A-Wall for a while but finally got around to ordering the Navy Sport Trainers. Excited about getting them.

3. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

one quick questions for y'all rivet chino owners. Should I tailor the length only after wash? or that doesn't really matter?

4. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I typically put them through one wash and then get them hemmed

5. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

thank you

6. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Oh my god, it made up so nicely. It's a couple shades lighter than navy, but it's not screaming, so its still extremely wearable in the Fall. What a great match to the khaki Driggs...

[​IMG]

We'll have all of the Doyles up and available to order by tomorrow morning. UPS delivery has them coming into NYC on Monday, so we'll start filling the orders (including Chambray) early next week.

7. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I usually wear and wash them a few times before hemming, but mainly because I'm too lazy to actually stop by the tailor's. The couple times I hemmed first, I've noticed no shrinking after they finally hit the wash.

8. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

The only fabric I've noticed shrinking after the first two washes is the Japanese Garment Dye Slate. Shrank an additional .5'' or so

9. Don L

Don L Senior member

@epaulet Can you take a side by side of the French Blue, Chambray and the Navy Doyle while you have them all?

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Wow, came out perfect! anyone who missed out on the chambray should grab this in a second. Really nice color without being too much

1 person likes this.
  11. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

I laughed when I read this because this is exactly me as well. I probably have a stack of 10 things that need to be hemmed but just too lazy to drop them off.

That being said I tend to agree, I havent noticed much if any shrinking after initial wash with ripstop and 8oz canvas fabric.

12. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I've washed and tumble dried several pairs of 10oz duck canvas rivets, and those shrank considerably in length, about a full inch shorter in the inseam. So if you're ever planning on tossing them in the dryer, definitely do that before hemming.

1 person likes this.
  13. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

Good to know. I've been waiting for a restock of the navy ducks.

14. Epaulet

Absolutely, I can shoot the Navy and the French Blue side-by-side. We'll need that to really see the difference between the two of them.

Any my apologies for getting anyone worked up - the Chambray jackets were all sold via preorder. That was a deadstock fabric that we cannot get any more of, and every unit is spoken for. I got a bunch of emails asking how to buy it. I'm heading to LA again in a few weeks, so I'll keep my eye out for something special like that which we can run for late Fall.

1 person likes this.
  15. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Will there ever be a return of the Hawthorne Loafer? Carmina has a beautiful light grey.

16. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Any chance you'll run certain Garand fabrics with back pocket flaps, or will that only be an option for special order? (if it still is, not sure)

17. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

I have three pairs of duck canvas (10 oz, from another maker, though) and they all shrank a bit in waist/crotch and length. Just slightly.

But I did a warm wash and high heat drying to intentionally shrink them a tad.

The French Blue Doyle might be calling my name! That color is super nice. Might have to steal that look, too.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  18. Epaulet

Honestly, probably not. I thought that the Carmina handsewns were a really good product for a great price, but we were never actually successful with them. Our existing styles have been on markdown forever at this point. I guess that they just weren't what our guys were looking for. Ah, shit happens. Given the competitive product from Maine and the strong positioning that those brands have, that probably knocked them out of many people's view.

I'm going to work on a handsewn program in Portugal and we'll see how that works out. The initial retail will be a lot lower - hopefully in the $275 range, and we can play with different leathers there.

Not as a stock item, but you'd be able to order that MTO. And the production Garand will have a button fly (sorry, neglected to point that out in the first post)

19. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

That's a shame. I really like their shoes. Looking forward to the new project though!

20. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Just snagged Flax Chinolino 1911. What a price. It is $750 + 13% at Harry Rosen locally and not very attractive colors like EP gets. Thanks for being a good enabler @bkotsko. I think it's going to be insane with denim.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014