1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

Bummer! Though, it's possible they had more jackets than trousers.

2. sinefine

sinefine Active Member

Does this jacket fit me correctly? I bought this leather jacket but I'm not sure if they are fitting me correctly or not. When I zip it up, the chest area is a little bit tight when I move my arms backwards. I usually wear medium in everything and the leather jacket is medium too but I'm not sure if I should get a large. I'm not sure why but I look feminine with the jacket on. Is it the curved waistline?
    Should I size up? Or will the leather stretch in the chest area?
    Sorry for the dirty mirror.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  3. tricky

tricky Senior member

Looks like a great fit to me.

4. forsan

forsan Senior member

Hey Mike, I think a couple others asked, but any more updates to the chambray Doyle? Thanks!

5. dupedd

dupedd Well-Known Member

I couldn't resist the Pewter Sports Trainers...I've wanted that pair since they came out. I snagged the last 10.5, hoping they'll fit. I'm usually between a 10.5-11 but on occasion have even worn size 10 Chuck's so I thought it was a safe bet. They are are some sharp looking sneakers.

I called and spoke to Matt late this afternoon and said if they didn't arrive today they were expecting the Chambray Doyles monday or tuesday.

6. LaymanX

LaymanX Senior member

@ Sinefine, Is this the black horse hide Wyatt? Was looking at this piece myself.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  7. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

From yesterday: Southwick linen SC and pale yellow khyber Rudys. Also Carmina belt. I love these trousers.

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  8. velomane

velomane Senior member

Wow! What an awesone jacket.

9. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

Dudes need to pick up those Vass high boots. I wore mine all day yesterday. No break in period. Most comfortable quality boots I've worn in a while.

10. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Post pics for us please?

1 person likes this.
  11. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Mike-
    When do you expect to have the new Walts up on the site?
    In the interim can you share what they are?

12. kicker245

kicker245 Senior member

Are the shorts still coming out?

13. stevent

stevent Senior member

+1 on the fence but let's see some pics!

14. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Love the persistence.

15. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Ahhh, sorry. We missed the mark with these. Given the LA production freeze that we got hit with, they wouldnt have come out until a week or two ago, which is just too late for most guys. Trust you me, we'll be on top of shorts next Spring. Our shorts shall be unstoppable!
    Probably in the next few weeks. This first delivery is all the basics: grey flannel, pearl flannel, charcoal flannel, array of Super 120s colors, etc. The main new thing is going to be the Garand. It's a variant of the Driggs/Rivet Chino fit done with a WWII style waistband. We'll have that in a few colors of enzyme washed cotton and it will be available for MTO work. Around mid-Sept for that. Most of the speciality fabrics will be available through MTO this season. The factory reopens around 8/11 and we'll put up the swatches then.
    Glad that you like them and thanks for picking them up! I absolutely love these boots. They'll be the last OTR Vass boots that we ever carry, so it's a good time to grab them at a killer price.
    Agreed, that jacket is boss!
    Agreed with tricky - that looks like an ace fit on you. Most guys will buy this piece very fitted. It will break in and stretch a bit with wear. It doesn't look feminine at all to me, but it's going to be better matched with a pair of jeans or such. I'd only advise sizing up if you intend to wear a fairly thick sweater. If you're just wearing it with a shirt then that's a solid fit.
    Thanks again for your patience on the Doyles guys - I didn't anticipate this gridlock on all of our Doyle production. I now have UPS numbers for a size 40 in every new variety of Doyle (Chambray, French Blue Duck, Tobacco Duck) and they should be here on Tuesday. I'm going to shoot everything that day and I can show you photos of how it came out. I'm scheduled to have the actual stock of Chambray jackets (and all of the other ones) leave on Monday-Tuesday of next week. I'll keep you posted with how it's developing.

16. Louys

Louys Senior member

Mike, could you say a little bit more about the WWII style waistband?

17. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Can't wait to see the chambray and French blue Doyle. I suspect the French blue is gonna be the sleeper pic

18. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Sure, it's also called a "Hollywood Waistband" (paging oisin on that one)

You guys might be familiar with this from the RRL officer chino:

[​IMG]

On a hollywood waistband, the body of the trouser and the waistband is one continuous piece. The waistband of our Walt/Driggs/Rivet is a separate piece.

It's a cool look and will be a new silhouette for us. In the past I used to just make 100 different Walts. But with the advent of the MTO program, I'm focusing more on creating new shapes and distinct designs for our "bottoms" collection. Many guys can wear all of the shapes comfortably, and it allows you to have many distinct items in the overall Epaulet shape.

The Garand leg is between the Rivet and the Driggs. Rise is between the Driggs and the Walt. If you like our other fits then this should fit you very well too, and the wash effect on our fabrics will be very cool. I've got a really tough 11oz British cotton to use for it, so it will have a nice heft. Perfect match for some bad-ass boots. And you can MTO it in something like tweed if you like.

You can me both! We gave it a nice enzyme wash, so I'm hoping it comes within spitting distance of the patina on Stanley Van Buren's infamous french blue chinos.

3 people like this.
  19. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

So much win in this post! Can't wait to see the new cut. I have been wearing the hell out of my two sided FF British khaki and red Rivets lately. I would love to find more of this style fabric
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

If the Doyle does indeed come out that color that will likely make it my third Doyle...not good

1 person likes this.
  20. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Doyle, EP shirt, eggshell Wilshires:

[​IMG]

3 people like this.