Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300982908575#ht_500wt_1156
    UK10

2. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Finally wore my red linen Walts at a wedding rehearsal dinner.

[​IMG]

3. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Just wanted to check in with you guys before doing something stupid with my blazer.

So I went to my tailor today to dial in the sides for my FF navy blazer. He said it was necessary to take out the lining from the inside to taper the sides. Another way is to taper it from the back and not touch the linings on the inside at all.

He said to do it from the back is also cheaper since he would not have to take out the lining from the side and restitch. Looking for some insights. Thanks.

4. zielschuss

zielschuss Well-Known Member

I've had a jacket taken in and sleeves shortened at the shoulder with great results by Eduardo at Allen Tailoring. I decided to give Pablo at Stanton a try today and took a factory finds jacket to him. He quoted a week turnaround time to take it in and shorten the sleeves. He praised the quality of Epaulet stuff although mentioned that Epaulet customers are very particular about their alteration requests...

Stopped by the store and picked up the single-breasted Veneto and have to echo previous comments: production quality on this thing is top notch and the fabric is absolutely badass. Looking forward to colder weather to try this thing out in the field. Also, I think my favorite new shoe I saw in the store was the burnished Carmina Alt Wien. Seemed like the perfect fall shoe.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013

5. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Indian Summer, Ragamuffin Parade in Bay Ridge.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...ade-creative-costume-frenzy-article-1.1468706

Epaulet Bridle Leather Belt on Peter Pan (with Hook and Izzy):
    [​IMG]
    Fight to the...well...laugh
    [​IMG]
    The Tickle Shot:
    [​IMG]
    The Hero is Victorious:
    [​IMG]

Got asked where I got my Robin Hood costume by a thousand people. No way was I shaving for this, but on the 31st I'll have made myself a bow and arrow to avoid confusion. Did sign an autograph for a three year old though, who knew I was Peter Pan.

Enjoy the weekend lads!

6. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Cool pic, Rob.

7. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Wow, anyone who wears a UK10 better jump on these

Rob - that's the best use of the bridle leather belt I've seen ITT yet

And I got my shipping for the last round of Rivet special orders as well. I got the autumn herringbone, plus I ordered the chocolate duck and moss duck MTO with an extended inseam and flaps on the back pockets - all shipping together! It's my first time trying any of the new options with the Rivet MTO program so I'm excited to see how they turn out.

8. Costa

Costa Senior member

Wow. That's Forest last as well, correct? Think its legit?

Rob, great pics!

9. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Yeah man, be happy to.. Check back in a day or so. IIRC, the model name of the last Belstaff coat I posted is "Maple".

10. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Thanks for them pics of the goldenrod cashmere FF SC. You guys may not believe this, but this jacket will be the most radical piece of clothing I own. Have to figure out what to wear it with!

11. tricky

tricky Senior member

I'm antsy for mine to arrive.

12. applky

applky Senior member

^ Some regret on not picking that up. Still, the Greycast Cocoa I purchased is amazing. Hope others in the thread grabbed that. It's gorgeous.

13. US Grant

US Grant Senior member

Gloverall Slim Duffle Coats

This thing is basically perfect. Warm heavy wool with a self plaid liner. Made in UK. Razor-sharp slim fit with armholes deep enough to accommodate a sportcoat.

Mike- These are ill! What model is this, if I can ask. A friend just ordered the Monty and the Gloverall website isn't helpful, Vingate, Regular, and Original fits- sound all the same to me! I'd be trying on his to go between a 36/38

Also curious if there are any pea coats in the future to get my classics fix.

EP 4 Life!

14. ataru

ataru Senior member

Would it be best to get the gloverall duffel in the same size as your epaulet sport coats?

15. althanis

althanis Senior member

Does anyone have any recommendations for something that's available in 34R and a bit less formal that the Herringbone Hopsack Napoli Sportcoat? I picked that up from the Factory Finds earlier this year but decided to part with it instead of trying to get it adjusted, so I'm on the lookout for something similar, preferably cotton.