• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I love these. This was one of my best purchases from Epaulet. I get compliments on them all the time. It's such a unique leather.

They are great and the suppleness of the uppers makes them ultra comfortable.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, I remember Mike and Matt commentating on tailors near their NY store, but their texts are buried somewhere in the thread. Can somebody guide me to the tailors they recommend near EP NY (Manhattan location).

JVK1

Reaction score
Will the horsehide Wyatt jackets be out by the Vass event?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Surcharge is 25%, and the lead time is generally 8-12 weeks. Come on up, it's going to be fun!

I'm tempted. 50% due at time of order like the Carmina MTOs?

gene

Reaction score

Guys, I remember Mike and Matt commentating on tailors near their NY store, but their texts are buried somewhere in the thread. Can somebody guide me to the tailors they recommend near EP NY (Manhattan location). 

Depends what you need done. Trouser hems: across the street, Orchard Tailor Svc. More than that, the recs seem to be:

Pablo @ Stanton Tailors (very popular, the "most recommended" tailor in the area, might have to wait 2 months)
Eduardo @ Allen Tailoring (Matt's pick for jacket adjustments, I think)
Rene (North on Orchard, I've had sleeves taken in from the shoulder and from the "normal end" in with good results. English may be poor.)

kumizi

Reaction score
Sizing question: I'm thinking about ordering the Mulberry Jacket.

All my casual Epaulet shirts are L and slightly snug across the chest and shoulders.
All my Epaulet dress shirts are L but I can barely button across the chest and TBH, I should probably size up.

Will a L Mulberry work?

Last edited:

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends what you need done. Trouser hems: across the street, Orchard Tailor Svc. More than that, the recs seem to be:

Pablo @ Stanton Tailors (very popular, the "most recommended" tailor in the area, might have to wait 2 months)
Eduardo @ Allen Tailoring (Matt's pick for jacket adjustments, I think)
Rene (North on Orchard, I've had sleeves taken in from the shoulder and from the "normal end" in with good results. English may be poor.)

Thanks. I just need to taper the sides for an EP jacket. So i guess Allen is it. I remember mike telling me a certain tailor can taper with an one hour turnaround. I'm hoping that's him.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caramel ducks:

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn I assumed this was at the SM location for a bit.

Now I actually do need leather color swatches uploaded

http://www.styleforum.net/t/130044/the-ultimate-vass-Appreciation-thread/5600_100#post_6120425

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes I've seen all of these. However the real life pictures of some of those aren't the same as those drawn color pictures (6125 is much more red in real life, etc)

Those charts are also missing several colors (oil green, the three museum calfs, etc).

Last edited:

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I just need to taper the sides for an EP jacket. So i guess Allen is it. I remember mike telling me a certain tailor can taper with an one hour turnaround. I'm hoping that's him.

JezeC you may be thinking of the tailors across the street, who do hems while you wait. I would use Pablo or Eduardo, though, for getting a jacket taken in, as that's a more complex operation that shouldn't really be done on an "express" basis.

I'd swing by Stanton and ask Pablo what the wait on jacket work is. He does amazing work and his prices can't be beat. If the wait's lengthy, then head over to Allen Tailoring and see Eduardo. I've had jackets taken in by both Pablo and Eduardo with great results.

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JezeC you may be thinking of the tailors across the street, who do hems while you wait. I would use Pablo or Eduardo, though, for getting a jacket taken in, as that's a more complex operation that shouldn't really be done on an "express" basis.

I'd swing by Stanton and ask Pablo what the wait on jacket work is. He does amazing work and his prices can't be beat. If the wait's lengthy, then head over to Allen Tailoring and see Eduardo. I've had jackets taken in by both Pablo and Eduardo with great results.

+1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads