1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

Was hoping against hope that the Olive/Gold windowpane or the Chocolate Check would make a last second appearance.

2. applky

applky Senior member

Brown SCs are natural matches for grey and navy pants -- or tan/khaki for that matter, as long as the tones don't match too much. IMO brown-toned SCs are very versatile. The rusty tattersall looks perfect for that kind of thing. Also the navy isn't so dominant that you couldn't still wear with navy pants. It looks like a winner to me. Would definitely jump on that if I weren't already getting two Harris Tweed SCs. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

Would you say the same about the Tobacco Color Pop Check, especially with navy pants? Worried that the blue might be too dominant and looking for something versatile enough to match with navy/grey pants.

4. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Apropos of brown jackets. I was inspired by this:

[​IMG]

To do a variation for F/W in a heavier 13.5 oz weight with this:

[​IMG]

The thought being that this will come off in the brown range, go well with mid light gray and tan flannels. Pair with blue shirt and solid navy or gray ties and that should work well.

1 person likes this.
  5. TweedyProf

Some of you might be interested in the Danube, so I'm posting a pic that Matt kindly provided. I myself have decided against it, but mostly because this color is best paired with white/cream/light gray. If you live in cool but not colder climates (e.g. live where you don't get snow), it could make for a great winter jacket (looking at you san francisco).

[​IMG]

6. applky

applky Senior member

Nahh, that's pretty brown. A blue overcheck/windowpane doesn't mean you can't wear with navy pants, and in both cases the dominant color is brownish.

7. macjedi

macjedi Senior member

Thanks for posting!! I got in on that one along with the olive windowpane. It's nice seeing it in that context.

8. Uncle Festus

Uncle Festus Member

Quote: The pattern and coloring of the Tobacco Color Pop Check is very similar to this jacket I own which I wear with navy pants much of the time.

Mike

9. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Can't wait for the surprise :happy: Thanks Mike.

10. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Will defiantly get White Khyber Cloth Driggs for next season. Great MTO Don.

1 person likes this.
  11. althanis

althanis Senior member

Great talk about brown sportcoats. I was also looking at the Farmer's Check too, but will probably go with the tattersall because it's lighter and will make out a little more brown. The tobacco colour pop check would be a little too loud for my precise purposes, but I do like it, and would do it if I already had my "mostly brown" sportcoat space filled.

12. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

The Tobacco was the first to draw my attention but also concerned it's too loud for work settings. Thanks for all the comments. Best thing about this is you can't really go wrong with any of the choices.

13. AloysiusSF

AloysiusSF Senior member

I was contemplating the Tobacco Color Pop Check and am having a difficult time visualizing.

I thought it might be close to the look of the Chocolate Check? That is to say a SC that is a predominantly dark brown/chocolate color with multi-colored check highlights. I am also looking for a SC that would be one of my main "mostly brown" ones, so would hope the Tobacco would yield a good amount of versatility.

14. TweedyProf

The thing swatches is the scaling. It's harder to imagine x more of a large plaid in larger scale. Assume it will look louder etc., I would say, than the swatch (cf. the icy houndstooth Mike posted and the Eidos Jacket for comparison).

Althanis: agree with you on the darkness and on the weight. I just liked Greg's coat so much and wanted a version of it for F/W. It might not work for mid gray, but should be ok for light gray and tan flannels. Yours should pair well with mid-grays.

On "mostly brown" you might go with Althanis's choice. Regular small scale pattern that will resolve more solid from the distance.

15. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

if you really want gregs jacket, message him, we are currently doing a GMTO on that exact fabric.

16. TweedyProf

Well, the cost difference is about 3.5x more! I must admire it in other, more affordable ways. Curious to see how yours turns out.

17. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

True true, just letting you know just in case.

2 people like this.
  18. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Right. I won't argue whether Formosa > Southwick. But the EP FF pricing is really really good and the Southwick jackets are really nice.

You can't find a Southwick jacket in your (limited choice) of fabric in your size at that price I don't think. You have to sale shop and then you get what you get.

The Formosa MTO will be incredible, without a doubt, but I completely understand where you are coming from Tweeds.

1 person likes this.
  19. TweedyProf

No, I realized that. Thanks for the thought. I did see the fabric in person...was very very nice. But anyway, this is an Epaulet thread so back to regular programming.

20. TweedyProf

Yes, it's a balance, building a good wardrobe. The FF seem to me a nice way into some nice fabrics without cleaning out the bank account.

1 person likes this.