• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bobbymilwaukee

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Can someone give me an idea of how slim the Rivet Chinos are? I'm not hoping for a skinny fit, but I am incredibly skinny and hate baggy pants. I've been hoping to go the MTO route, but am worried that even in my size, they'll be too loose. I've tried J.Crew 484, gap, dockers, club Monaco. A few fit well, but were too long and not worth the tailoring cost for such cheap pants.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can someone give me an idea of how slim the Rivet Chinos are? I'm not hoping for a skinny fit, but I am incredibly skinny and hate baggy pants. I've been hoping to go the MTO route, but am worried that even in my size, they'll be too loose. I've tried J.Crew 484, gap, dockers, club Monaco. A few fit well, but were too long and not worth the tailoring cost for such cheap pants.

Between the model pics on the site and the fact you can return them as an SF member why not just try a pair?

How skinny is incredible? Skinnier than Stanley? His pics show how they fit on very slim build and they look great. I don't think he gets them tapered below the knee, but maybe...

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
nope no taper for me

my jeans have like a 6.4" leg opening and I think the rivet chinos in size 29 have like 7" or something. they look fine that way though; wouldn't want them as slim as my denim.

Last edited:

aldenfan

Reaction score
Weren't there Walt special orders with fabrics such as UK Donegal Tweed Salt & Pepper? I now see only Rudy special orders now, but I want the slimmer fit of the Walt. Am I imagining things or was there a Walt special order under MTO that has disappeared?

Kekoa

Reaction score
Hey Mike, any chance you guys going to have a restock of the indigo denim work shirt?

bobbymilwaukee

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Perfect.. Thanks for the help guys. Stanley, I'm curious what inseam you have on your rivets? I figure we're similar heights

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nope no taper for me

my jeans have like a 6.4" leg opening and I think the rivet chinos in size 29 have like 7" or something. they look fine that way though; wouldn't want them as slim as my denim.

They're slim, but definitely not skinny or tight. SVB is a pretty good gauge of the fit on a small dude. Most guys size up in the waist from Club Monaco/J Crew and the like, but find the fit to be killer.

And like oboy said, we offer a 14 return with refund policy to SF guys.

Feel free to drop me a line if you need sizing advise!

Weren't there Walt special orders with fabrics such as UK Donegal Tweed Salt & Pepper? I now see only Rudy special orders now, but I want the slimmer fit of the Walt. Am I imagining things or was there a Walt special order under MTO that has disappeared?

We don't do an MTO item for the Walt, but can special order a pair if we are out of your size. We'll be restocking the Donegal trousers in the next delivery, I believe. However, that will be the last of the fabric that matches the Weller we made. If you're not looking to complete the suit, we have another, VERY similar S&P Donegal we can cut.

Just pulled an impulse buy on the Carmina Emerson boots...

HELL YEAH! This boot was partly my baby/dream boot, so I'm glad you guys dig it!

Hey Mike, any chance you guys going to have a restock of the indigo denim work shirt? 

We'll restock in the near future. And maybe have something in the pipeline that will also fit the bill...

Kudu looks absolutely sick!

Thanks, dude!

I feel like that boot has your name written all over it!

LaymanX

Reaction score
TIL that the Alden Kudu is not in fact, Kudu leather. Fascinating!

How does real Kudu fare in snow, salted ice conditions?

Picked up the Scotch grain Alt Wiens!

chimaki

Reaction score
Not for this season, I don't believe that we have any on order. We've got more Carmina boots coming next month, and a Vass boot arriving in about a week or so.
Any chance you can share details on the Carmina boots coming in? Re-stocks or new models?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yea, I just unpacked my fall wardrobe from storage...I have waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy to many pants for fall/winter. It is awesome. I am the Amelda Marcos of pants, and about 3/4 of them are from Epaulet. Cheers boys...I'll try and snap a pic if I can...can't wait to see what you have in store this winter!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads