Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

+1

I am really thinking hard about it. Likely outcome is I will wait and then decide to buy and my size will have just been nabbed...

2. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Veneto stuff looks awesome.

Are MTO rivets closer to 4 weeks or 6 right now? Biding my time while I await a shipping notification...

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013

3. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Agree. Wasn't super keen when I heard about the makeup, but seeing it is something else.

I need another pair of boots like I need a hole in the head though. :sarcasm:

4. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Epaulet Veneto Collection

Okay guys, here's all of the new product that we rolled out today. First up is the Veneto line. Four incredible Italian-made outerwear pieces:

[​IMG]
    Veneto Goose Down Cashmere Herringbone Vest: $1050
    Pretty much the most luxurious thing we've ever released. This vest is mind-blowing!

[​IMG]
    Veneto Single-Breasted Quilted Technical Sportcoat: $895
    Water-resistant technical wool, just like last year's double-breasted model

[​IMG]
    Veneto Quilted Moleskin Twill Overcoat: $1095
    Exceptionally warm and thick twill moleskin with a zip-out wool/cashmere/poly liner

[​IMG]
    Veneto Single-Breasted Insulated Raincoat: $845
    Perfect slim fit to work over a suit or on its own. Breathable valtherm lining.

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

6. JVK1

JVK1 Senior member

Interested in the Kudu! Anything I ought to be aware of with regard to the leather in terms of weather resilience/boot care/etc., with the antelope leather vs. calf/shell/etc.?

7. Epaulet

This leather is tough as hell. Think along the lines of horsehide, not calf or shell.

It's pretty oily, so should have good water resilience - probably on the realm of how chromexcel performs.

And boot care is entirely optional on these. As you can see, they're pretty rugged to start out. I'd probably use something thick - like Pecards - every now and then. That's all that you'll need. They'll darken a bit when that stuff is applied, but this leather is going to be all about aging and evolving.

We've sold about 30% of the available stock in the past few hours. I'm going to place a reorder for the end of Fall, but if this style is calling you, then you'd want to pick it up sooner than later. We only had 16 units to start.

8. JVK1

JVK1 Senior member

I was hoping to try them on tomorrow at the Manhattan shop. Is that possible (likely a UK9 or 9.5)? Should I order soon and think about maybe returning or swapping a size later?

9. imolazhp_ci

imolazhp_ci Senior member

are these kudu ACTUAL kudu hide? alden's kudu isn't actual kudu, it's just full grained cowhide.

10. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

QUESTION - will you guys be getting any new Natural Chromexcel Alden boots in the next few days, by chance?

11. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Man o man that vest is awesomeness. Looks like I won't be seeing any cold temps for a year or so (after the next few months ) due to occupational requirements and I'm STILL contemplating buying.
    Hmm... buy vest, wear maybe once or twice this season, put in closet, stays in closet for couple of years before even seeing it again...

12. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

13. i10casual

i10casual Senior member

I'm trying to talk myself out of picking up the new Alt Wens. I think I promised the wife a larger bed.

14. Epaulet

Not for this season, I don't believe that we have any on order. We've got more Carmina boots coming next month, and a Vass boot arriving in about a week or so.

Yes sir! This is genuine Antelope hide. The original Kudu leather.

It's in no way related to the "Kudu" cowhide from Horween that Alden uses. We carry the Kudu Indy, and it's very different.

We've got 2 units in 9 and 2 in 9.5, so you should be good. But if you want to order one or both tonight to hold them - that's no problem - the guys can always refund or change them out after you get to the store.