Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. tricky

tricky Senior member

Sharp!

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hmmm... lots of good options here.

For a staple piece in SC, I'd stick with option 2 or 4. Both the Harris Tweed and the Heavyweight Daltrey are really THICK. They would make a great outerwear piece for a SC Fall/Winter, but might prove too warm to wear indoors comfortably.

The Greycast Navy Tweed is a great color. It's unique and the weight will be comfortable indoors and outdoors. You could easily wear this as an outerwear piece for most of the season.

The UK Tweed Weller would pretty much serve the same purposes - it's around a similar weight and feel. If having a tweed suit is a selling point for you, then you could get the matching trousers for those. But either would be a great choice!

And the elbow patches are up to you. I think that they look great on a sportcoat and absolutely maintain the biz-caz angle. The only consideration is if you want to wear the jacket with the matching trousers. Some guys think that elbow patches look strange on a suit, but I've also seen it done before. It's really just your preference.

Those should probably come in around two weeks. We'll try to take some photos before we ship them out so you guys can see the finished product. That particular fabric is sold out, but we still have some quantity on the other ones.

Whoa, this is awesome!

They just left Italy today actually. If we're lucky, we might have them ready to go for next Friday's newsletter. If not, it will be the very beginning of the following week.

Yup, putting that together now! We've got you on the list.

Definitely, the cold wash and lay or hang dry should be fine. Don't stress about care on these too much - they'll wear really nicely. The only concern is not to put it into the wash with anything that could get lint onto it (like towels, fleece, etc).

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  3. tricky

tricky Senior member

The flannels are super easy to iron too.

4. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

I've been looking around the internet for a good tan belt, and I've not been satisfied with what I've found. This morning, I was going to buy something I wasn't gonna like that much, checked my email in the process, and saw the "communique" with the new belts, one of them being tan. So that fixed that problem. You guys came in right under the wire there.

I see size 30 is already sold out, so I'm glad I went for it when I did. Was there only one in that size?

5. SouthNarc

SouthNarc Senior member

REALLY diggin' the Lichen Marl Tweed!

6. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

Mike-

I know you said there is a chocolate and olive duck Walt/Rudy coming. Are there any grey cotton Walt/Rudy options for the fall?

7. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

8. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

AAND some new Southwick MTO fabrics!

[​IMG]
    Southwick Italian Marled Tweed MTO - $800

[​IMG]
    Southwick Patterned Tweed and Flannel MTO - $900

[​IMG]
    Southwick Wool-Cashmere Luxury Blend MTO - $1100

And, my two personal favorites:

A glorious 100% Cashmere Pique. This fabric just screams "BALLER"

[​IMG]
    Southwick Pure Cashmere Pique MTO - $1400

And what a few of you have been waiting for, the return of baby camel hair! Seriously, this is one of the gnarliest jackets we've made in my time at Epaulet. I'm stoked that we can offer this at a KILLER price. The fabric is pretty limited (12 units total), so you may want to pick it up sooner rather than later. The hand on this fabric can only be described as incendiary.

[​IMG]
    Southwick Loro Piana Baby Camel Hair MTO - $675

9. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

^^ Matt is not kidding about the Baby Camel SC. It is a great piece. As I recall it took a little while to catch on, but everyone loves it. Especially at that price. Move quickly.

10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Agreed. The hand is great.

11. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Thanks Mike. I haven't decided for sure, but I like the fact that I can turn the Weller into a suit with the matching trousers. The only hesitation is that I'm probably between a size 36 and size 38, with the 36 a little too tight in the chest (athletic build) and the 38 probably a little wide in the shoulders. With the other jacket I could do a custom 37. I'll have to noodle over this a bit, but I really like both.

12. tricky

tricky Senior member

Do the custom if you're a 37 IMO.

13. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I have jackets in 37 and 38, and there are very noticeable differences. The 37 is a slim fit all around, good for just a shirt. The 38 is more of a traditional fit, though it's nowhere near sloppy like what you see in the real world for the most part. It's able to accommodate a sweater under nicely.

Camo shorts today:
    [​IMG]

14. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Great fit, it we wore the same size, I'd come for your kicks.

15. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider