1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Sounds like a good choice. And I too am interests in 18oz Wilshires. Should be a great pair if jeans.

Wow that makes them sound very tempting.

2. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Frank, you need them. Seriously you will flip over them

3. aglose

aglose Senior member

@Epaulet what is the best way to get a hold of you guys? Email call or PM on here?

4. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Got my snuff trainers today, they look amazing and I was pumped to start wearing them, but unfortunately they are too small and will be going back. The biggest stock size offered is a 12, so I can't exchange these for a bigger size.

I ordered the same size I wear in Chuck Taylors, but these are substantially smaller. I have narrow feet, so the width was good for me, but they were much too short in length. See below for a comparison shot of the EPLA snuff trainers next to my premium linen Chucks I bought 2 summers ago. These are both size 12, and the Chucks are probably the best fitting sneaker I own. It looks like maybe I'd need a 12.5 or even a 13 in the EPLA shoe. The funny thing is, the snuff trainers are tagged 12US/45.5EU, but my Chucks are tagged 12US/46.5EU. Here's the comparison shot:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

I ordered the Ring Ring to see the fit of the Wilshire as a standard denim for future denim purchases. If they're too tight, I'll have to go with another pair I tried on today. But the service and consistent quality of Epaulet compelled me to try everything they got.

6. AceBoogie

AceBoogie Senior member

Any recommendations for food places near the les store? Planning to visit later in the week when Kamigatas arrive. Don't want anything fancy with waiters etc, just want to sit down somewhere for a quick bite. Also, any decent bars around the area?

7. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

The Meatball Shop on Stanton at Allen is really good.

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

+1. Been there several times, never disappointed.

9. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

I'm really weird with the sneakers sizing, so glad I had a chance to try them on. For the first sneakers series, I sized down a half from what's recommended. For the new trainers, I sized up a half - going with the recommended size resulted in what @kwanon described, not enough width.

10. halberdklown

halberdklown Senior member

Any idea when the grey super 120s and grey english canvas driggs trousers will come back in stock? Need a 31 in both! (unless the super 120s fit smaller)

11. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

So when you sized down on the first series, you didn't have enough width? What's your Barrie size and how did you size the first series? I may need to change my order ASAP before it ships.

12. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

My Barrie size is 9D, it's usually a pretty solid fit.
    The first sneakers I tried in US9.5/EU42, I remember them feeling just a bit too big overall, probably mostly in length. Sized down to a US9/EU41.5 and it's almost perfect after a bit of a break-in.
    The trainers in US9.5 were narrow in the ball of the foot. When I sized up to a US10, it got much better and I didn't really feel them being too long, so I went with that size.
    HTH

13. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

I think I need the 8 then. Thanks.

@Epaulet

Been trying to call the LES store since yesterday to no avail. I did send an email, but hoping to catch someone by phone who can change my order.

14. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

I'm not really sure I'd want someone to base their sizing on mine, since it's too odd [​IMG] With the return policy though you might have success.
    Also, the stores are closed on mondays. I'm heading to the LES store in half an hour [​IMG]

15. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

They were closed.

16. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Senior member

I'm trying to figure out how dark the Navy Duck Canvas Doyle jacket is. Some of the product photos are darker, while others are much lighter. Which more accurately depicts the actual color?

[​IMG]
    or

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  17. Don L

Don L Senior member

Bottom is pretty accurate in daylight

18. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Senior member

Closer to first pic than second.

Edit - ha, that probably doesn't help after @Don L 's comment. Here is an old one of my pics for reference:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  19. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I'd have to say it's more like the bottom photo in the daylight as well. That's also what I'm seeing in Cotton Docker's photo too (which is a good look BTW)... but hey color is notoriously hard to judge. :)

20. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

As a general rule, I've found that the "studio" pics of EP stuff almost always render a little darker than the IRL color. Not misleading, but just skewing that way. Navy and dark green are particularly susceptible to this IME, but I'm not an expert.