• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Are these and the Navy Donegals in stock at the SM store? I'm going to try and come up this weekend to try them on and see if I can fit Walt or if I need to join the Rudy chant...

Yup, we've got all three of them here! We'll be open Saturday from 11 to 7PM. We're closed on Sundays for at least the next few weeks (still working out the best hours to be open here). Hope to see you then!

Saw the new stuff today, those pants are AMAZING!

Thanks for coming by and glad that you dig them!

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy!!!!!!! Want these in Rudy!!!

You can add me to this chorus too - I'm definitely picking up the POW's in Rudy.

Good news for Rudy guys: we're going to eliminate the whole massive-order-all-at-once thing. Rather than doing a defined week of preorders, we're going to build out an online MTO item just like the ones that we have for the Rivet Chino. We should have that going in a few days, and we'll be able to take Rudy orders at all times, and we'll layer in all of the new fabrics for it.

neutrino

Reaction score
Re-asking
nod[1].gif

Thanks, Mike!

Additional question I forgot to ask. I'm some between Epaulet medium and large (medium shirts fit a bit snug), I wear a large Eisenhower and my optimal Caine size is probably 39. With that in mind, and if I'm going to layer a stark underneath, should I be aiming for size 38 in the snorkel parka? (36 is recommended for a true medium)

Also, unrelated: any news on the shirts MTO program?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Re-asking
nod%5B1%5D.gif
Oh yes, sorry that I missed it. We're definitely working on the MTO shirts again - hopefully we can kick that off again soon! Some MTO stuff that I can promise in the next week: our Fall MTO Southwick assortment (complete with 2- and 3-piece suiting options and a ton of Harris Tweed) and some great new additions to our MTO Rivet Chino fabrics.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

OlafG

Reaction score
Good news for Rudy guys: we're going to eliminate the whole massive-order-all-at-once thing. Rather than doing a defined week of preorders, we're going to build out an online MTO item just like the ones that we have for the Rivet Chino. We should have that going in a few days, and we'll be able to take Rudy orders at all times, and we'll layer in all of the new fabrics for it.
Would that mean there is going to be an MTO upcharge for Rudys similar to the one on the MTO Rivets?

Pastor

Reaction score

Would that mean there is going to be an MTO upcharge for Rudys similar to the one on the MTO Rivets?

I hope not but to be honest as long as it was only a slight up charge then it would be okay with me. Just having the ability get pants cut that fit good works for me. Epaulet would probably do just as well financially if they didn't even offer the Rudy fit.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
Re-asking
nod%5B1%5D.gif
Thanks, Mike! Additional question I forgot to ask. I'm some between Epaulet medium and large (medium shirts fit a bit snug), I wear a large Eisenhower and my optimal Caine size is probably 39. With that in mind, and if I'm going to layer a stark underneath, should I be aiming for size 38 in the snorkel parka? (36 is recommended for a true medium) Also, unrelated: any news on the shirts MTO program?
It sounds like you wear the same sizes as I do. For shirts, EP medium is a bit tight on me while large range from perfect to slightly loose. For Southwick sportcoats, I've been wearing 40 without any alterations, but I suspect my optimal size might be 39 (have an FF sportcoat on order at 39). Given this, I have a snorkel parka at size 38 and I think it's a great fit. It's not loose yet can accommodate a sweather underneath. I don't think 36 would have worked for me.

mattp

Reaction score
Awesome...I love the BNY, both of my gradfathers worked there for periods on and off from the mid 30's up until it was shut down in the 60's I believe...rock on!

Mattp: great pics!

Man, that cardigan is great. It must have come out before I was buyin Epaulet.

I like the engagement photos. I am going to be doing some myself soon and I need to find some good scenery like that.

Thanks, guys! I love that cardigan—warm enough to wear without a jacket in the snow, obviously. It's from 2011 or so.

The Navy Yard is an amazing place. My wife has been working on getting it listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

OlafG

Reaction score
I hope not but to be honest as long as it was only a slight up charge then it would be okay with me. Just having the ability get pants cut that fit good works for me. Epaulet would probably do just as well financially if they didn't even offer the Rudy fit.

A slight upcharge is fine, but if we're moving in to the $40 to $50 range it's a 25-30% price increase just because we want something that fits better and no other customisations.

On another note. Took my Walts to ta tailor today and asked if he could let out the seat/thighs a little bit, but he saidhe couldn't do more than 0.4". Is he right or should I look for another tailor?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Guys... If you getting custom sizes, or something outside of the norm, expect custom prices..... Or pay your tailor to do it. Don't blame epaulet for it.

mikeharo

Reaction score

You can add me to this chorus too - I'm definitely picking up the POW's in Rudy.

Hero status!!! You are awesome. From someone who struggles to find pants that fit well, I am grateful, thank-you very much. Out of curiosity, will the navy windowpane flannels be part of the Rudy options?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This was my first question too, actually. Love the fact that they'll be constantly available though.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys... If you getting custom sizes, or something outside of the norm, expect custom prices..... Or pay your tailor to do it. Don't blame epaulet for it.

Just to clarify, the Rudy in standard waist sizes is not a true "custom" piece the way I understand it. It is a standard cut that Epaulet offered for years at the same price as equivalent Walt trousers. Rivet MTO and suiting MTO I can understand the upcharge, because you are customizing a pattern and making changes to meet your needs and specifications. I think the concern here is people will be charged more for something that used to be a standard price, which actually hasn't been confirmed or denied yet anyway. I will wait for Mike to weigh in with prices for te Rudy order.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads