• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You wouldn't ride with those A?

Not personally, no. Sleeves will hike up on a bike, yes, but I don't think he's wearing that coat on a bike. If it's a daily wear piece, I'd shorten them. Hell, if it was a functional piece I'd still shorten them.

Todd V

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm having a hard time deciding if this jacket fits me, I've cross posted this with the leather jacket thread. I'm hoping to get some opinions, particularly on the sleeves. They seem real baggy, especially between my elbow and shoulder, not sure if this is actually noticeable or if it is just me being paranoid. Thanks! [rule]
It looks pretty good to me. I can't tell how stff that cowhide is but it looks fairly stiff. Once the jacket breaks in a bit the boxy-ness will go away. If you decide to keep that size, wear it for a while before you have the sleeves shortened (by someone who knows what they are doing). As the sleeves crease and wrinkle, a significant amount of that extra length will disappear and you don't want to over shorten them.

OlafG

Reaction score
Can I order the Napoli navy Hopsack in 43" and with longer sleeves without going MTO? I like the way the standard one looks, but it seems like 42" is the largest offered size.

asaa1000

Reaction score

Sleeves look a bit boxy, but will be much more functional, from personal experience, the leather jacket with slim fit arms look good when you don't move, but is a ***** when you try to do anything in them. Also, if you plan on wearing a sweater underneath, try doing that, it may take care a lot of the boxyness in the arms.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
sleeves too long and baggy

samsterdam

Reaction score

Oh it's just temporary. We actually just received all of the Fall '13 Southwick swatches. And they now have the Walt trouser - trimmings and all - on file. So we'll be able to offer a range of about 10-12 different MTO suiting options this season. We'll have all of the basics covered (navy, charcoal, grey, mid grey) and we can also offer some cool patterns like prince of wales and pinstripes. We'll work to get that online in the next week or so. Lots of great tweeds for MTO work too!

Excellent news. I plan on jumping on an MTO suit as soon as the option is available again. Keep us posted!

OlafG

Reaction score
I do realize that, but I have a vague memory of reading about some guy ordering MTO sizes without actually going MTO some pages back.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
I do realize that, but I have a vague memory of reading about some guy ordering MTO sizes without actually going MTO some pages back.

Well that's sort of like saying "I want to drive on the freeway at freeway speeds but I don't want to go 65mph or faster" but maybe what you are thinking of is Factory Finds? Under that program you can order whatever size you want and there is no MTO upcharge, but I'm not sure if you can tweak things like sleeve length. If that's the case though, you'd have to wait for the next batch of factory find fabrics to show up.

Last edited:

elwood49

Reaction score

Mr Clemson,
Do you live in SC? If so, it's good to see another "southerner" on the Epaulet bandwagon. I live in Rock Hill.

Oh, I bet those clemson boys are already having nightmares about Jadaveon Clowney. :happy:

Wow, I grew up in Rock Hill, although I don't live there now. I had no idea there was another Epaulet fan in that area.

Also to Mr. Clemson- are you the same one from TI? I'll be at the CU/UGA game on Sat with my Carminas on (I have 12 pairs now). What a small world.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Excellent news. I plan on jumping on an MTO suit as soon as the option is available again. Keep us posted!

Absolutely, I'm going to work on all of that this week. We'll see if we can get the first batch up by Friday. There's great stuff in here!

I do realize that, but I have a vague memory of reading about some guy ordering MTO sizes without actually going MTO some pages back.

Sorry about that - I think you may be thinking about Factory Finds. When we do those, we're able to offer a range of sizes like 43 Long because we're buying several jackets per fabric. Although you would have to get a Long in body and the sleeves. With individual MTO's, we can do things like a regular body with long sleeves, or vice versa. But yes, outside of that the MTO program is the way to go.

Samir

Reaction score
Mr Clemson, do you live in SC? If so, it's good to see another "southerner" on the Epaulet bandwagon. I live in Rock Hill. Oh, I bet those clemson boys are already having nightmares about Jadaveon Clowney.
happy.gif
Yes, I live in Greenville. Awesome - I'm actually shocked that someone else from SC (and even the upstate) is on here!
I can't wait until that guy is gone. He won that game for them last year...take him off that DL, and we win that game.
Wow, I grew up in Rock Hill, although I don't live there now. I had no idea there was another Epaulet fan in that area. Also to Mr. Clemson- are you the same one from TI? I'll be at the CU/UGA game on Sat with my Carminas on (I have 12 pairs now). What a small world.
I'm a South Carolina alum from Florence, just got back from a weekend at Lake Murray - definitely rocked some Epaulet when we went out for dinner. I'm taking my dad to the USC-UNC game Thursday, should be a great game to kick off the college football season! Clowney for Heisman...

Last edited:

Pastor

Reaction score

Wow, I grew up in Rock Hill, although I don't live there now. I had no idea there was another Epaulet fan in that area.

Also to Mr. Clemson- are you the same one from TI? I'll be at the CU/UGA game on Sat with my Carminas on (I have 12 pairs now). What a small world.

Wow. I grew up in Rock Hill as well. I left when I was 17 and joined the Marines. I recently moved back here (as in since June) to become Pastor of a church. What age group are you in. I am 32.

Epaulet has a pretty good following in the Palmetto state!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads