1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Sorry, are you saying you're a size 34 in the waist but size down one in the Wilshire jeans?

I'm about a 30.5, so thinking the 29 might work—if I can bear the tightness, I know it'll stretch after a few wears. I'm just hoping it's not a skinny jean (hugs calves). I loved the pic you posted wearing the overdye. Looks sweet.

2. Don L

Don L Senior member

Natural Linen Walt's today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
    3 people like this.
  3. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

I'm down for this as well. Thinking I may try to get two pair, one with the cargo pockets. Although I've been traveling below the equator, like you, I prefer to get them before summer is over in the US.

4. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Yes, I have sized down for the Wilshires.

I started with a pair of the 14 oz in 34 based on how Rivets fit me (a little too tight in size 34 and a good fit in 35). I think Mike is exactly right about the inch of stretch in the jean's waist. The 34s are nice, but ended up being a little big in the waist. So next go around I tried 33 and I like how those fit me a lot.

They are not skinny. They should not hug any part of your legs, I think.

The overdyes in the recent photo are 33s.

These are the Wilshires in 33 on me:

[​IMG]

5. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Senior member

I think my question might have gotten glossed over due to important biscuit talk (awesome that you know the inventor), any word on when Southwick MTO will roll out?

6. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We missed the seasonal stuff for Spring/Summer (linen & silk), but I'm working on rolling out the Barberis suiting. Pricing is great on that, and we can offer 2-piece and 3-piece options.

Turkish Blackgrape denim is amazing. It's a super dark indigo that has the slightest hint of a purple cast. 10oz dip-dyed denim. I can't wait for that!

EPLA sportcoats are still in work for patterns. The last sample that we made was 95% of the way there, but I still need another sample with our revised armhole. Sorry for the delay, but I want to get this piece absolutely correct before we launch it. I've got all sorts of corduroy and moleskin to use for the Fall, so we can have really awesome and inexpensive enzyme washed pieces in great fabrics. We'd probably be talking around $250 for this item in a great washed English cord or Japanese mid-weight moleskin.

Me too! The jeans should look close to the jacket overall.

Eventually I'd love to offer MTO's on the jeans. Right now, we're working on getting enough capacity from our existing LA production. We've got a ton of stuff in work, and we've been maxing out the workshop with our orders of late. Hopefully we can offer something along those lines in the Fall.

Southwick suiting MTO should be live in the next week or two. I'm working on a lot of it today. For LBM, let me shoot you an email on that.

Absolutely. And I see that you're in NYC on your signature. Swing by our Manhattan store if you can. We can size you up there and you can get a chainstitch hem right at Self Edge down the street.

Still griding on that. I got a sample a few weeks back and wore it to test the shape, but it's still too slim in the thigh IMO. Developing the Wilshire took the better part of 5 mos, so this one is going along the same trajectory.

Cool. I'm going to build out an online item for the Ripstops today. We'll leave it active until Sunday at midnight. We can take all the orders through there, finalize the fabric buy, and cut everything all at once. Should be no problem to turn those around quickly. We've been getting MTO's in about 3 weeks lately. This is definitely a good time to order.

2 people like this.
  7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

excellent!! any way for you to build as cargo pocket addition as an add-on or should we email you directly for that?

8. Epaulet

More Photos!

This time from the trouser factory...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And... may I present one of our two new shapes for Fall 2014. This is the Driggs Single Pleat. We're still dialing in the measurements (this one's a bit too full in the thigh) but it looks pretty solid overall. We'll do at least one OTR style, and it will be offered as an MTO across the board.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  9. chrispy650

chrispy650 Senior member

Mike, will you be offering the henleys in indigo?

10. SerialComma

SerialComma Senior member

Sorry if I missed it, but any update on the shorts mentioned a while back?

11. Epaulet

Oh man, you bet! Same Tetsu Kon (Iron Blue) color as the sweatshirts. I can't wait for those.

12. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

Mike - Is it possible to do the MTO duck canvas chinos in the Rudy fit?

13. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

I am bummed that the Psychedelic linen shirt is out in my size.
    If anyone picked it up, post a pic with it under a casual blazer.

14. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

1 person likes this.
  15. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Link?

EDIT:

Found it. Was being daft.

@Epaulet

For the Luchino Polos, would a size S be too large for me? I typically wear S (not sure in Epaulet shirts) and jacket size is 36S. I'm hoping I won't have sagging shoulder seams.

Would love to see some of these Carmina makeups again:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/111211/epaulet-shop-official-affiliate-thread/16185#post_5852422
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/111211/epaulet-shop-official-affiliate-thread/17235#post_5959607

In particular, the caramel calf Alt Wien (hopefully on Rain or Oscar last). The burgundy DM looks stunning.

Also, not sure the poster is still around, but is this the desert camo?

http://www.styleforum.net/g/i/10701...-jpeg-v62-default-quality/sort/display_order/

Doesn't look like it. Has a more green/grey tint than the desert version.

16. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

+1. I'd really like a carmina double monk in cordovan or actually pretty much any leather. Thinking a dainite sole though maybe.

17. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Carmina also does this kind of half rubber sole, basically a topy:

http://unipair.com/thine-unipair/product/carmina-922-rubber-sole-2/

I like that. It's sleek and still rubber.

Vass and Carmina are calling my name. Love their stuff.

And I repeat: trainers in maroon/burgundy, please. I like the Margiela influence ;)

Curious what other sneakers are in the pipe.

Mike,

For handling all our insane requests: may heaven be an AYCE buffet of Cheddar Bay Biscuits for you.

18. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Sounds intriguing. Link isn't working for me for some reason so I can't quite visualize it.

19. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Odd, I'm having the same issue. Here's a pic of the half rubber sole 922 style:

[​IMG]

20. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Nice, looks almost like a toppy'd shoe but a little cleaner?