• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

haiglarsen

Reaction score
I'm probably leaving something out, but that's the lineup so far. Lots of great stuff to go around!

What about the Gloverall offering you mentioned previously? Do you know what color it will be yet?

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Blue ducks, a few pages back.
Cross post from the Australian thread, here are my Blue ducks.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

What about the Gloverall offering you mentioned previously? Do you know what color it will be yet?
Oh right, we have a few jackets coming from them. They have a slimmed up version of the classic duffle that I believe we're running in navy and grey.
Speaking of Blue ducks, a few pages back. Cross post from the Australian thread, here are my Blue ducks.
Nice! That color is so good with tan shoes.
I just received my caramel duck walts. I know they are meant to be dry cleaned, but can I wash them before I have them hemmed? I purchased the petrol walts last year and just assumed that they would be dry cleaned when I took them in... Of course they were washed and I don't notice for a couple of weeks. The result was super high water (luckily there was some fabric to be let out, but now there is fading where the hem originally was).. Too high to look good. The other problem is there is now a fade to the color. Anyway, I'm sure te ducks are fine to wash (since the chinos are), but just wanted to check before I screwed anything up with them. Also, any eta for restock of 31 navy walts and do you know the measurements of the 31 walts? Thanks, and when are the next rous of fall shirts expected.? I received the black and brown twill and it is great!
Thank you sir! All of our cotton trousers are fully machine washable. The factory insists on putting that dry clean tag in there, but you can disregard it. Most guys (me included) all wash their trousers. Cold wash and hang dry is great. For a very specific hem, I'd advise washing, drying, AND wearing them for at least an hour. That will give you the true post-wash inseam, as duck canvas tends to appear shorter than it will be right after drying. Kind of like denim in that way. If you do this, they will definitely fade - as Stanley Van Buren's ducks will attest. Most guys really like this effect, but if you don't want them to fade, then it would be better to stick with dry cleaning.
Agreed, that dove hopsack jacket is so good!

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

With the MTO Chino program, is there any chance of white? I'm desperate for a pair!

stmaier

Reaction score
Mike-

What were the colors on the Luchino's...I remember you saying that you were going to be surprised...will I have to order off the web or can I do it when I am in NYC? I know the XL has limited stock and I do not want to miss it.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike - thanks so much for that detailed response RE: sizes you stock vs sizes that are special order only. I was lucky enough to jump on the Rudy before it became special order only, and now that I know my size I will happily special order those anytime. And I like that unless a fabric has a super limited run, there's almost always a chance I can get something in the Rudy.

You brought up one thing about shoe sizes that I noticed, you said you rarely stock size 12.5D anymore, but it seems like even 12D (in the Barrie last) isn't stocked anymore either. Going forward for Barrie shoes and boots, will you only be going up to 11.5D?

runningfrog

Reaction score

I'm sure you don't make these decisions lightly, and I imagine you have access to much data on your sales that I simply don't, but:

Your policies are very intimidating to new customers. I would never have ordered anything from you at all except that I once had a chance to stop by your Manhattan store for an afternoon and learn my sizes. Then Epaulet stopped stocking my sizes (28W, 29RC) and I had to do custom order. There was no upcharge at the time but the delay was a bit of a turnoff and the items would be final sale. Now there's a further upcharge on RCs in my size, regardless of whether I want to customize them or not. I love your products and this makes me less likely to order from you. Why would any new customer with my body type ever take the risk?

i wear 28W, 28RC, and XS shirts and i've placed several special orders with adele after they stopped stocking those sizes. i've also never been to an epaulet store, but based on their detailed measurements, i was pretty sure these sizes would fit and they did.

for new customers: the combination of value, quality, and service provided by epaulet is far better than most, if not all, clothing retailers. :D

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Mike - thanks so much for that detailed response RE: sizes you stock vs sizes that are special order only. I was lucky enough to jump on the Rudy before it became special order only, and now that I know my size I will happily special order those anytime. And I like that unless a fabric has a super limited run, there's almost always a chance I can get something in the Rudy.

You brought up one thing about shoe sizes that I noticed, you said you rarely stock size 12.5D anymore, but it seems like even 12D (in the Barrie last) isn't stocked anymore either. Going forward for Barrie shoes and boots, will you only be going up to 11.5D?

Well Barrie 11.5 is a normal 12, so it's relative

AceBoogie

Reaction score
Epaulet Veneto Collection
Single breasted quilted blazer
3/4 quilted jacket

Slim notch lapel raincoat

Southwick for Epaulet
Single breasted 3/4 notch lapel overcoat
Single breasted mackintosh-style overcoat
any idea on when these select few will drop?

stlms3

Reaction score
kept hoping the blouson would be gone in medium so I could refrain from purchasing it... after a couple of deschutes summer ales and some bourbon my will power was gone when only two were left... koped. I've eyed the ring jacket version in many blogs, but it was too expensive. Other versions I saw were not of the material I wanted. Finally this popped up and I know it will be well made, is 100% wool and is a good price... Plus I love the ribbed arms and back!

kwanon

Reaction score
[...]
But, we do have a core group of customers who need these sizes, so we began the special order and MTO programs. I recognize that it has its restrictions, but it's what we can offer. And since we're able to offer personalized advise on sizing, fabrics, and colors, it's not so much of a leap into the dark. My staff will go out of their way to help you find the correct fit, and we do it all of the time with special order clothing and footwear. With our trousers, chinos, and jackets, you have the additional ability to alter it in or out. As Buy and Sell will attest, the amount of customers buying final-sale MTO product which doesn't work is very small.

And, as you indicated, we will look to keep inventory of special order-only size chinos and trousers on hand at all three stores. This way, any customers who visit us in person can try something on for fit before buying. And as always, comparing our detailed online measurements to the measurements of a similar garment that fits you well is an excellent way to determine the fit.

i wear 28W, 28RC, and XS shirts and i've placed several special orders with adele after they stopped stocking those sizes. i've also never been to an epaulet store, but based on their detailed measurements, i was pretty sure these sizes would fit and they did.

for new customers: the combination of value, quality, and service provided by epaulet is far better than most, if not all, clothing retailers.
biggrin.gif

I definitely agree, as an existing customer. I just find myself in so many situations where I want to recommend Epaulet to people outside the stock size range. Then I find myself wondering, if I were in there shoes, why would I take the risk? Even with measurements and fit advice. I know everything is designed to be altered but then you're looking at another $10-40 on top of purchase price depending on how extensive the alterations are.

Has Epaulet ever considered sending out a trial-fit kit like Rancourt does? Charge some nominal fee to send out a few pairs of pants (etc?) in different cuts. When the customer returns them they get a gift card for all or most of what they paid. If they don't return you charge them for the value of the clothes you sent. Rancourt in particular sends out shoes that have giant "TESTER" marks branded into them so there would be no point in keeping/stealing them anyway.

I really don't mean to sound argumentative. I'm pretty much fixed as far as knowing my size, and look forward to more Epaulet clothing. I just wonder if the combination of the no returns policy (for non-SF members) and the lack of these stock sizes is a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. Who bought the UK Donegal Iron Tweed in 32?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads