1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

[​IMG]
    thanks

2. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

Wearing the MTO cotton/cashmere Walt in Old Gold received this week. These pants look and feel great, but the fabric does feel A LOT like the petrol blue Khyber cloth Walt I have.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Don L

Don L Senior member

Those Old Gold Cashmere's look great

Wearing the Grape Canvas MTO Walt's today

[​IMG]

4. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

^Thanks Don! I also got those grape sanded canvas as an MTO Walt this week. Looking forward to wearing them as well. Looking good!

5. Irish

Irish Senior member

This might've sold me on the cotton/cash. That's just a perfect color.

6. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Thanks for picking them up. Grape is such a killer color for this season
    Very cool - I was hoping that the EPLA shirts would work for you. We've got a ton more coming down the pipeline shortly. We'll do both overdyed and salt-washed fabrics in that fit, and we're working on a EPLA collab piece for the Fall where we apply that shirt fit to higher-end fabrics and make. Grey shirt is killer with the Royal Oak.
    Cool - glad that you like it! I think that this will make for a great piece, and it will be a unique item to offer for MTO. You'd be able to do that in a whole range of fabrics.
    Regarding Carmina vs. Alden shell, I think that it's a question of branding and availability. The majority of Carmina's shell cordovan business is done via personal MTO's. And in the future, as shell gets more and more rare for them, this percentage will only increase. In past years it was pretty easy and fast for us to get our hands on shell, so we could do these GMTO's with a reasonable guarantee for turnaround time. That's gotten eroded over the past few rounds, and I would have a difficult time committing to a delivery period. It's actually much easier to do a single MTO as we can check if they have enough leather for one unit (they often do) and the customer will get his shoes within a predictable time frame. Now with Alden, there is no single unit MTO work and deliveries of shell cordovan are quite rare. They're a good value for shell shoes, so when they come in, people jump on them. As FrankCowerperwood said, more people know their sizes in Alden, and shell is particularly popular in the United States, where Alden has a lot more relevance than Carmina. And when it comes to Carmina shell shoes, if you're willing to wait a few months and pay a few hundred dollars more then you can exactly the shell piece that you want via an MTO. Once you're at $900 for a shoe, many guys will got to $1200 to have everything exactly as they want it. Carmina raised its minimums for GMTO's to 10 units for us, and outside of a few styles last year, we had a difficult time hitting that. As of right now, the only GTMO proposals that we're planning would be Kudu leather (which we're purchasing up front) or leathers that they typically stock (calf, suede, scotchgrain, etc). It's the only way that we can really commit to a timely delivery. I hate letting people down, and shoe companies move at their own pace. We have to eliminate the variables that can make the delivery period stretch out to an unacceptable term.
    Sure will be! Next delivery should come in about 4 weeks.

7. kwanon

kwanon Senior member

Do they typically stock CXL? What colors?

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Mike,

I think this may have been missed but would love to know if there is a possibility of this. thanks!

1 person likes this.
  9. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

...or a more tapered leg on the Rivets.
    I think the Rivets are made at a different factory than Walts/Driggs/Rudys.
    It may be more viable to have a tapered Rivet, as the material for the ripstop may be at the Rivet factory.
    Mike or Matt will have to answer.

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

agreed.

My ideal is a Driggs MTO cargo pant in grey ripstop but we will see what the possibilities are

11. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

A tapered rivet would be a nice option.
    I have my pants tapered and hemmed. $28. I also ask for smaller tight stitching to prevent boot speed hooks from catching on threads.

12. kwanon

kwanon Senior member

Seconded on this. Would be interested in ripstop with cargo pockets as a deluxe utility pant. Good for outdoorsy stuff short of actual hiking.

13. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We've done runs in both Brown and Natural CXL before. But this is a good example of a potential issue. Carmina has a longer lead time for production these days.

Sure thing, please shoot us an email with what colors you're looking for. Sorry that I missed that before.

14. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

suhweet! email sent

15. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

So we can order a ripstop Walt with the cargo pockets?

Mike just said this, right?

Very very tempting indeed.

1 person likes this.
  16. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

What color shirts are you pairing with the Grape Sanded Canvas Walts?

17. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Seems like it...I already sent an email and will let you know

18. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

No idea what ripstop is like. Nylon?

@Epaulet

This, please!

[​IMG]

19. Don L

Don L Senior member

Crappy snap but I wore a light blue today for the maiden voyage on the Grapes...
    [​IMG]

20. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

@Don L

The grape color is surprisingly versatile, no? I think I have a pair in that color, have to check. Been a while since I've worn them for some reason.