• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hope so! I'm debating whether to buy my walts online, or to wait for this weekend and buy from the LA branch.

(And eat sales tax, any word on how that is going to work out?)

Buy it today. It will get shipped on Tuesday. It will get to LA by Friday ;)

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot. I'm 6'1 and fluctuate b/w 165 - 175. Walts are hit and miss for me so Rudy might be perfect.

Yup, I'd consider myself relatively thin/athletic (6'4", 195 lbs.) but I'm not skinny like a lot of guys that post pics of Walts. In fact I always thought I was skinny until I first tried on a pair of Walts, and pretty quickly realized I needed the Rudy, haha. I've posted a lot of pics in the past, but I'll try and get some newer ones up soon.

OlafG

Reaction score
I'm a 6'1 and around 200lbs doing some powerlifting, so my thighs are pretty big but the Walts in 36 works with some tailoring but I'm most likely sticking to Rudys in the future.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was thinking about running it in brown hatch grain with either a double leather or dainite sole. How does that grab ya?

Still interested in a hatch grain bal, Rain or Simpson, with single leather and black edge trim. But I'd give a PTB a look though. Double leather sounds interesting.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The price increase is actually $20, not $30 - thanks for pointing that out. I adjusted it on the site. Starting with this season, we do have to charge that up-fee for any special orders outside of our stock pieces, as that covers the individual shipping cost and the single-unit upcharge that the factory accesses. I know that a lot of guys end up paying $12 or so for their tailor to do the hem, so hopefully it ends up being mostly a wash for many customers. We'll look to expand into more fabrics and more customization options as well as we do more pattern work.

Thanks for the answer on this, $170 sounds better than $180, but since I have to size up on Rivets and get the waist taken in I'm now looking at almost $200 for new pairs now. There's still some staples I'd like to get, like the chocolate, moss, and desert, but I'll probably have to spread that out over a few months, I'm sure I'll get them all throughout the F/W season though. I'll have to look at some of the other MTO options since I'll have to order these through the new program, might as well customize them!

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

White ducks:

Toro!

Any chance of Winter White Flannel Walts this Fall Mike? Those would be killer.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some vaca shots from a weekend in Cape May:

Pretty cool comparison of the way the Navy Label fits compared to the house label as well.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beastly beard, Rob.

Also so sad to see your camel blazer up for sale. Amazing piece.

Which do you prefer between the House and Navy Label?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Also so sad to see your camel blazer up for sale. Amazing piece.

Which do you prefer between the House and Navy Label?

Yea, just grew out of it, and I'd rather put the $150 I'd have to pay to alter it to fit, to more good EP stuff!

As far as the shirts, I like the house cut during the summer when I'm thinner, and the Navy label for winter when I put on a few pounds...its basically just a smidge bigger in the chest and belly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads