1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

I wonder if you request them USPS....

2. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Senior member

So is that second, lighter picture a different jacket?

3. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

yes. Same jacket different material

4. section31

section31 Member

Instant purchase if this was made into a Doyle :slayer:

5. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Senior member

It's more complex than just stitch down. It has some similarities, but is much more robust, while stitch-down is a pretty basic and much weaker construction method. Viberg (and Wesco, White's, and Nick's) are more of a niche construction method. Even these different brands have differences between them. For Viber, they nail the insole into the upper at the heel, and they nail on the midsole up to the ball, then the upper is turned out and stitched to the vamp around the ball and the toe of the boot. Finally, the outsole is stitched on, which accounts for the second row of stitches. I see the similarity between stitch-down and what Viberg does, in that the upper is turned out and "stitched down", but true stitch-down doesn't use a midsole at all, and I would assume it to be nail less as well. See these diagrams of traditional stitch down and a photo of a cross section of a Wesco boot (which is similar construction).

Click to enlarge:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I borrowed this boot cross section image from the Nick's boots thread where we had a similar discussion. This is a Wesco boot, but the construction is the same as a Viberg. The Red is pointing to the double rows of stitching as described above, and the blue would represent the nails.

Hope that helps!

Last edited: May 30, 2014
    2 people like this.
  6. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

And if you want this replicated on a resole, ONLY send back to Viberg. Nobody else can pull this off as I discovered personally.

7. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

Rivet Chino Factory Finds Washed and Sanded UK Steep Twill - Petrol

Any thoughts on the fit?

[​IMG]

8. brp2

brp2 Senior member

But tough to tell at that angle, but everything looks in order. Anything in particular you're wondering about?

9. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Seems a bit tight up top. Fit pics need multiple angles, back side front, straight on.

But agree with last poster, is there a specific issue? For causal pants, no one's really going to bat an eye if they are comfortable on you.

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  10. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

Thanks gentlemen,

I was wondering about the crotch/upper thigh area. They felt comfortable as I wore them yesterday but I was unsure of how they looked to others.

11. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Totally swiped this look from another member..
    Couldn't resist, as it is really fantastic.
    Sorry for the crappy phone pic.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  12. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Are those the white Wilshires?

13. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

^^^ unfortunately not. LBM 1911 jacket though.

14. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Well, we've got something that can mitigate that. If you PM on of the other Canadian members here, then they can tell you about our usual shipping technique
    Ah man, I would love to! I've definitely got a Canadian trip planned this year.
    Well, they're both pretty different. The Duck Canvas model is a lot lighter. It drapes a bit like a cotton sportcoat. The Overdyed is a very soft and rich denim which drapes like a denim jacket. And sorry for the difference in tones between those two shots. I'd say that the real color is in between the two. Not quite a dark as the studio shots, but darker than that outdoor pic - which looking at it right now - is pretty overexposed. You can see how glowing the white shirt is underneath it. I'll see if I can shoot some new fit photos tomorrow.
    We're actually ready to go live with it now, I've just been waiting for our site designer to work out the template to show a multitude of both options and prices - as we can now do 2-piece or 3-piece suits, and a rush charge upgrade. Hopefully we can put that together soon.
    For the Walt/Rudy/Driggs, I'd say that the G&L Military Twill is the closest. It's softer and finer than that RRL fabric, but it's probably around the same weight and will definitely fade with use. We've gotten fantastic feedback on it, so I'm confident that you'll dig it in person.
    Very good. We finished all of the pattern work for the odd and extended sizes, and they should be right on time with the planned delivery.
    Ah sadly those are gone for good. That jacket can no longer be made in the States.
    Not at the moment - we can only extend the length of the sleeves. But I'm working on a way to do that for the Fall.

15. Epaulet

Final Short Sample

Better late than never! After long last, the EPLA short is fully made and approved. Here's an image of the last sample, in size 32:

[​IMG]

We're going to put these into work pronto, and we're expecting delivery by the end of the month.

4 people like this.
  16. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

17. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Mike, do you think there is any chance you will be doing a round of Samuelsohn factory finds in the near future?

18. JVK1

JVK1 Senior member

Will these shorts work for Rudy people!

19. Epaulet

Yup, they should for most. Shorts have a larger thigh than trousers.

No Samuelsohn on the calendar, but we're expecting to do both suiting and trousers with Southwick. I'll see if we can swing another Gitman shirting round too.

It's one-to-one with the Rivet Chino, 9" inseam

1 person likes this.
  20. thromb

thromb Senior member

Looking for sizing recommendations for Carminas on the forest and simpson lasts. I wear the barrie in 8.5E/9D and wondering how the sizing translates. I'm particularly wondering about the fit in the toe box area. Thanks in advance.