• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you plan to make more trousers with side tabs? Or can they be special ordered in the Slim Walt?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nightshade looks close to the old navy marled (I forgot the name, was out around the same time as the grape). Also, +1 on sidetabs.

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want a medium grey: oxford grey flannel or salt and pepper tweed?

Epaulet: Will the ironwood tweed get restocked?

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm wearing the oxford grey flannel right now, I've had these for probably 2 years and I still wear them about once a week. They're not too heavy, which is what I really like about them. IMO they are a good 3 season trouser, only the hottest months of summer would be too hot to wear these. I don't have the salt & pepper tweed, but I imagine they are heavier than the oxford grey flannel.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

YO DUDES!
We got a a new trouser and a few restocks this week: This may be in my top five trousers we've ever made. If you have the Pale Grape Herringbone or British Khaki from a couple of years ago, you're going to love this. Glorious hand, interesting texture and a beautiful shade Epaulet Walt Trouser Nightshade Herringbone Flannel - $250 Then a few restocks: Epaulet Walt Trouser Salt and Pepper UK Donegal - $235 (we have almost a full size run of the matching jacket too! Check it here) Epaulet Walt Trouser Navy UK Donegal - $235 (looks like we have a couple of matching jackets left also. Check them out here) And one of our favorite staples: Epaulet Walt Trouser Oxford Grey Flannel - $235
Matt, besides it being in the herringbone color, how does the nightshade compare to the air force flannels? Similar or totally different? Thanks

MaxK

Reaction score
Good lord that blouson sweater is amazing. I will be keeping a close eye on the outerwear this season, I am coveting one of those.

Mrk200

Reaction score
Are there any plans to get more of the Rivet Chino Brushed Heavyweight Olive in size 34?

Also, I noticed the return policy states that "refunds are not issued under any circumstances", is this true? I'd like to try some of the tweed pants as well, but I don't want to risk them not fitting if that's the case.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are there any plans to get more of the Rivet Chino Brushed Heavyweight Olive in size 34?

Also, I noticed the return policy states that "refunds are not issued under any circumstances", is this true? I'd like to try some of the tweed pants as well, but I don't want to risk them not fitting if that's the case.

as a styleforum member you get a 14 day refund policy. this only applies to regular priced items. all sale items are always final sale.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you plan to make more trousers with side tabs? Or can they be special ordered in the Slim Walt?

I believe we'll be doing a couple of other trousers. As for special orders, drop me a PM.

They're both really nice, but as above, the Oxford grey is a bit lighter. They're slightly different vibes, so depending on how conservative you like, the flannel may be the way to go. If you like Donegal tweeds, I would go for the Salt and Pepper. It's got a great hand and a phenomenal texture.

Not entirely sure on the Ironwood, but I'll see how much fabric we have. I'm almost positive we could special a order a pair at the least.

[/SPOILER]

Matt, besides it being in the herringbone color, how does the nightshade compare to the air force flannels? Similar or totally different?

Thanks

The blue in Nightshade is close to the Air Force flannel, but they're definitely DISTINCTLY different.

It doesn't come across as well in pictures, but it's got quite a bit of brown and tan threads in the marled weave. The guys that have seen it in-store
have given a lot of great feedback on the color. It's pretty unique and, like I said, one of my favorites we've made.

Nightshade sounds like some bad ass 80's copper whose steeze is the only thing tighter than his leather jacket.

You know how we roll!

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/knit-blouson-grey-superfine-merino

this is really nice. Might be a cop depending on how much i have left after the more heavier outerwear drops

Good lord that blouson sweater is amazing. I will be keeping a close eye on the outerwear this season, I am coveting one of those.

Thank you! I love that thing. It's not like anything we've done before, but it's exciting to see these types of products come to fruition.

We didn't get that many, and I don't like to hype things up, but if you're into it, I wouldn't hold out for too long.

We extend a 14 day return window to Style Forum members. You can certainly exchange for a different size, but we offer a full refund for you guys.

We have some cool things on the horizon for chinos. Not positive about the heavyweight, but we're cooking up some rad stuff.

stlms3

Reaction score
Blouson is super cool!

Also, i keep meaning to mention that anyone who wants to zoom in on an iPhone on any of the pics of products on the website, just save image to phone and then you can do a really detailed zoom in.

Last edited:

neutrino

Reaction score
Ok, seems like the MTO chinos are up now. Question: is "stone" the new name for clay?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see some MTO rivet options up there as well, and I'm sure you'll get inundated with questions but I'm going to ask a couple anyway.

Are you just starting out with the basics and adding more fabric options in the future?

Also, the price for duck canvas chinos jumped from $150 to $180, so if I wanted to special order a standard pair in an odd size (like 35), but keep all details the same, do I have to pay $180 now or can I still order a pair without any of the extra MTO options for $150? I don't think I would make any changes to the regular template you use for the standard production run, but size 35 is special order only, so hopefully I can still get that for $150.

zielschuss

Reaction score
YO DUDES!

We got a a new trouser and a few restocks this week:

This may be in my top five trousers we've ever made. If you have the Pale Grape Herringbone or British Khaki from a couple of years ago, you're going to love this. Glorious hand, interesting texture and a beautiful shade

Epaulet Walt Trouser Nightshade Herringbone Flannel - $250

Fantastic tone and texture. I told myself I wouldn't buy any fall trousers until September but I might have to break my own promise. Are you guys still planning on doing a light grey/dove colored flannel?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads