1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Yep. Photos would be great, if possible.

Loving this new find for me (Epaulet for chinos). Thanks, gents.

2. mothball

mothball Senior member

I had successfully talked myself out of the black Doyle, but this may have turned me around. Looks great.

3. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

I was amazed how many companies are now jumping on the "work shirt/jacket (Doyle)" concept now. I don't know if it was Epaulet originally, but I see 4 or 5 places doing a version of the Doyle now.
    Obviously a great idea.

4. Don L

Don L Senior member

And most of them are at boxy and at ridiculous price points. Epaulet nailed it

5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

To be fair the work shirt/jacket concept is not new at all.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

I agree.

7. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

No spoiler needed. This....THIS RIGHT HERE! [​IMG]

Chore/work jackets are something I've always dug, but rarely been able to find in a size that I could wear. When I finally did, I never wanted to take it off. When we were working on the Doyle, in particular, I wanted it to give me that same type of feeling every time I put it on.

It's easy, it's functional, it's versatile. I'm STOKED that you guys are so into it as well!

Of course, any type of chore jacket discussion could never be complete without this legend:

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  8. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Any recommendations for something like the Doyle in big guy sizes? I wear a 44 suit.

9. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

There was a Doyle MTO recently where I was able to order a size 48. Can't wait for it to be made and arrive for me to try and see if it fits.

I'm hoping the black doyle and others will be available for order in a 48 as well soon.

2 people like this.
  10. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

The black is nice. Heavier than the cotton duck, so a little different. I really just wanted the overdye to see how it looks... eventually.

These are the clay 8 oz canvas from a photo I posted last summer:
    [​IMG]

And the khaki 8 oz canvas:
    [​IMG]

I will try to post a current photo as well.

Right. Seems as if there are plenty of chore coats etc out there. It's not that the concept is different. It's the execution.

For my money the Doyle has the fit and the styling versatility to be either an practical chore jacket or a nice casual piece to wear short of a sport coat.

Agree that Epaulet nailed this one.

11. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

Epaulet did not start the work shirt/jacket concept. They merely copied it (with their own interpretation), much like others are copying it now. Their version gets a lot of visibility because of their presence of this forum and their vocal client base. But what they are doing is not particularly new or original. No need to attack me for saying this; I bought an olive Doyle myself.

12. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

^ Yes, but to be clear, Epaulet never claimed to invent it and I'm not sure anybody here said they did - if they did they are mistaken. Not many concepts in clothing/fashion are completely, never-before-seen-or-imagined new. Epaulet does great interpretations. Haven't seen them say otherwise.

2 people like this.
  13. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

I clearly understand that the French work/chore shirt has been around for a long time, and I am sure there has been others.
    I was merely stating that since the uptick of the Doyle, there seems to be a lot more varietals out there.
    This is a feather in the cap of Mike, Matt, and company...

1 person likes this.
  14. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

For me, it must be the visibility of this forum because I have not seen it anywhere else, including the style blogs I read occasionally.

15. meso

meso Senior member

There has always been interest in workwear, although it has waned in recent years in SF circles.
    What might be different now is interest in more flattering fits and international styles.
    e.g. rise in interest in french workwear jackets (see hickorees and unionmade stock).
    And most trad workwear cuts are not very flattering by #menswear standards.
    Say, engineered garments is at least 2x the price point.
    Making a reasonably-priced mid-weight workwear styled jacket was a good move.

16. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

What's the difference between a Wilshire and a Doyle?

The one I'm eyeing is an indigo washed denim version, but not sure I like that fabric. How's the feel and look compared to the duck canvas version? Can they be worn for the same occasions?

I wasn't familiar with the history behind the Doyle, but I know even my grandfather wore something like it many years ago in another country.

17. Don L

Don L Senior member

Duck Napoli

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  18. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Outstanding photo @Don L.

Wilshires are the name for Epaulet's jeans. The Doyle is their French work jacket.

1 person likes this.
  19. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

GREAT photo Don! Love the dogs.

1 person likes this.
  20. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

So you're saying no hope for cobbling together a suit from a midnight oil rivet chino + jacket, I take it.

1 person likes this.