1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Hey Mike, any approximiate timeline or preview on the goodyear welted shoes EP is working on? Would like to learn more about it. Thanks!

2. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

The waist on these sits at my hipbones, so it may just be my proportions that make them look high. I think the rise is definitely in the Rivet Chino realm as advertised, so if that works for you the Driggs should too. There's a bit more room in the top block of the Driggs for me, compared to the RC.

Also the Filson jacket is pretty short itself, so that may affect how you are perceiving the Driggs rise.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  3. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Rivet Chino Factory Finds Round Two

Hey guys,

The first round of factory finds just arrived, and they look great! We were able to shoot most of them as fit pics, so you can really see how the fabric makes up. Here's the two categories, along with the natural light shots that we took. The Canvas is a nice year-round weight, and very wearable in the Summer. The Steep Twill is probably too heavy for warmer days, but come early Fall, these will be among the best pants that you own. Great price on them.

[​IMG]
    Rivet Chino Factory Finds Washed and Sanded UK Canvas: $140

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Rivet Chino Factory Finds Washed and Sanded UK Steep Twill: $140

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. trig

trig Senior member

Those jade rivets look amazing.

5. nd1nd2nd3

nd1nd2nd3 Well-Known Member

Any other linen (or maybe madras) shirts coming?

6. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

Mike-

Wow, that faded red UK canvas is amazing! Can you find something similar for us Walt/Rudy/Driggs guys?

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

agreed! I have those and the Petrol twill headed my way [​IMG]

8. Louys

Louys Senior member

Query, I made an order on the morning of the seventh and got a shipping confirmation almost instantly. It's now the 9th and the package tracking page still says a label has been created but it still looks like they haven't picked it up. The delivery service is UPS. Should I be reading into this that a) they've done a bad job at tracking the package but it will be delivered on time, b) they simply have yet to pick it up still or c) that my package is probably missing?

9. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

This has happened to me a few times. They finally show up in the tracking so you should receive them with no problems. Just a delay in getting it out the door, I think.

10. violethour1951

violethour1951 Senior member

The W&S fabrics are excellent. Great hue of rust & petrol

11. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I think we've officially sold out of the Kamigata! I hope you guys are as stoked as I am! Hopefully they start popping up more often in fit pics.

I really haven't gone a day without wearing it.

[​IMG]

Epaulet LA Doyle Jacket
    Epaulet LA Kamigata
    Epaulet LA 14oz Kaihara Wilshire
    Carmina Emerson Jodhpur

12 people like this.
  12. racknac

racknac Senior member

Awesome fit, is your Doyle sized up to be able to fit the Kamigata underneath?

13. racknac

racknac Senior member

And do you expect to see some fading with the indigo kamigata?

14. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member Affiliate Vendor

My Doyle is true to size, 36 (same as Southwick/LBM/etc). It's a chore jacket in essence and I always tell guys to size up if they're between sizes. It's meant to be a little relaxed, so I think slightly oversized is better than slightly undersized.

And in regards to fading, absolutely. Nearly any cotton fabric, especially indigo denim, will fade and develop character as you wear and wash it. Denim tops are typically worn and washed a lot less frequently than jeans, so the fading process is a lot longer. But my western shirt has a little fading at stress points. It all comes down to how often and hard it's worn and/or washed.

15. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

Great job on the presentation of that last batch of trouser fabrics - fit and photography are both consistent, not to mention, excellent. I can only imagine the look on the faces of the passers-by during that particular photoshoot.

FWIW, I am 99% sure I have that "rust" fabric in a past Walt make-up and it is fantastic in color and hand.

16. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

I am instacopping that Rust Twill. What belt is the model wearing?

17. applky

applky Senior member

Matt, this is hands down one of your best fits. Nicely done.

Also @TO Tie Guy looks like the EP casual bridle belts.

1 person likes this.
  18. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Galey & Lord Military Twill Update

Hey guys,

I've gotten a lot of questions about how we're expanding the Galey & Lord Military Twill fabric program. Because we're supplying three different factories and we're dealing with limited quantities of deadstock, we have to pick and choose what colors go where. So this is the plan:

Rivet Chinos
    Will be made in all five existing colors: Navy, Pale Khaki, Coffee, Midnight Oil, Olive. Will be available for MTO starting next week.

Walt/Rudy/Driggs
    Driggs will be made in Coffee OTR. Walt/Rudy/Driggs will all be available for MTO in Coffee, Navy, and Khaki

EPLA Sportcoats
    First round of production will be made in Navy and Khaki

So, the thinking here is balancing strong basics with a cotton casual suit separate program. When all three factories are going, you'll be able to buy an EPLA sportcoat and perfectly match it to a Walt, Rudy, Driggs, or Rivet Chino. And of course everything is very wearable on its own.

The Red Khyber Cloth is the closest thing, but it's not the same. It's paler and dressier.

I know that I've stressed this before, but anyone who likes the Rivet Chino should really think about that Faded Red color. These will get delivered right in time for Summer and you will absolutely love these pants. All of the colors are great, but that Faded Red is really the most perfect shade of red that I've ever seen. We can make about 12 more units in it.

Absolutely. That indigo is the same fabric that we used for the Distressed Western and Engineer shirt:

It's gonna take a while, but you can expect that it will look like this one day:

[​IMG]

Cool! You're going to love that Steep Twill. It's a bit out of season, but at this price, I think that these are worth sitting on for a few months before wearing them. The belt is this one:

[​IMG]
    Casual Belt British Brown Bridle Leather: $75

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  19. racknac

racknac Senior member

Sweet. Thanks for the input. Picked up the last olive Doyle in 40. I'm a M in Epaulet NY shirts, but its definitely pretty fitted on me and I would like a piece to layer a bit more... although living in SF I rarely need more than 2.

20. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

Oh man, you promised the Midnight Oil for the Rudy's! My Red Khyber Cloth and Grape Rudy's arrived. Both are fantastic. Please keep your eye out for a casual faded red UK canvas for us...would love a more casual option.