• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Innsbruck Indy is fantastic. Very cool that it's being restocked. One of those pairs where if I didn't already own a similar boot, it would be right at the top of the queue.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Shell Cordovan Watch Strap Clearance

Hey guys,

I came across some leftover Da Luca shell cordovan straps. They've been hanging out in the shop for a little over a year, so I put them on B&S for $50 a pop. Here's the link:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/356786/...tch-strap-clearance-incl-natos-22mm-24mm/0_90

If you've got a bigger watch (22 or 24mm), then this is a pretty boss deal on a hand-made shell strap.

oisin

Reaction score

Shell Cordovan Watch Strap Clearance

Hey guys,

I came across some leftover Da Luca shell cordovan straps. They've been hanging out in the shop for a little over a year, so I put them on B&S for $50 a pop. Here's the link:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/356786/...tch-strap-clearance-incl-natos-22mm-24mm/0_90

If you've got a bigger watch (22 or 24mm), then this is a pretty boss deal on a hand-made shell strap.

doh, wish these were 20mm. I want a strap for my Speedmaster!

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yup, absolutely - we'll offer the 5-pocket jean shape and they'll surely be a bunch of cords to choose from. It will be the exact "Smith Jean" shape that's currently for sale. The only difference is that MTO pieces cannot be washed like our canvas jeans are, as things like that always have to be washed in a large batch.

Music to my ears, and wouldn't want them washed anyway. If you can get your hands on any luxe fabric for these espresso brown smallish-wale cords, I'd pay a little extra for these.

Looking forward to the MTO program getting off the ground!

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Alden for Epaulet "Salzburger" Shortwing

Hey guys, we just got these beauties in:

Alden for Epaulet Salzburger Shortwing: $525

Upper: Cognac Alpine Grain
Sole: Double Waterlock with Flat Welt
Last: Aberdeen

They're handsome, tough, and especially good for foul weather and rainy days.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Wouldn't trousers that were meant for a 34" waist actually measure larger because of the material in the waistband?

Yes - this and the rise is the main difference in the actual sizing vs. tagged size in the Walt and Rivet Chino.

Traditionally, menswear is tagged for your size - not the actual size of the garment. So a 34 trouser should fit someone with a 34" waist, not necessarily be 34" itself. Same thing with jackets. You'll notice that every sportcoat - even a slim one - typically measures 1.5 to 2" larger in the chest than tagged. And that's even more so with a classic fitting garment like one of the fuller cut Brooks jackets.

The Walt sits higher and has more construction in the waist. As a result, it runs about a full inch over tagged size to give you a proper fit.

The Rivet Chino sits lower and has a thinner waist. It also has a pitched waistband which allows it to follow the curve of your hips. This is crucial for a lower-rise trouser if you want to avoid flashing your drawers or worse things when you bend over. As such, it's cut closer and is only about a half inch over its tagged size.

Mile, any update on the various Alden preorders we made around 2 years ago? Has Alden confirmed any of them?

Alden confirmed all of the non-shell styles, but no delivery date as of yet. The shell ones are still unconfirmed for actual production. And we've now crossed 3 years officially for the first run of Ravello Brixton Boots. It's insane.

I've mentioned this a few times to everyone who ordered these, but I can't apologize enough for it. Really, I'd love nothing more than to get these shoes in and finally fulfill the backorders. In the time that we've been waiting for these, we've done over 35 MTO styles with Carmina, and we've had great turnarounds on everything. It will be just like that for Vass. As always - anyone who has a long-standing Alden preorder with us can get a refund at any time for either cash (sent to you via paypal) or credit (applied against anything else that we have in stock). Just drop me an email and we'll get it done immediately.

Mike,
Any chance of getting the white denim shirt without darts?

You can easily remove the darts from your shirt. Just get it and use your seam ripper.

Ahhh, I wouldn't recommend taking out the darts. It can be problematic and show in the fabric beneath. I'd be especially wary of doing that with the white denim.

That said, if anyone out there merely wants to special order a fully stock Epaulet shirt in a fabric that we have, but have it WITHOUT darts, then we should be able to do that. I'm hoping to have the shirt MTO program with all of its bells and whistles back online by October, but in the meantime we can certainly accommodate that. Just drop Adele an email.

Shirt drought is over, frost chambray kop'd.  First trickle before the floodgates are open

Thank you sir! I really love that fabric - you're going to be delighted with it.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Will you continue to order from alden (in non shell)? And preferably sleeker lasts like grant and plaza?

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:

and does the cognac alpine come only in grain, because thats a great color, does it come in normal calfskin in that color also?

stmaier

Reaction score
In the time that we've been waiting for these, we've done over 35 MTO styles with Carmina, and we've had great turnarounds on everything. It will be just like that for Vass.

that is truly nuts. cannot wait for the Vass MTO program to start. I have been discussing the idea of a Alt Wien boot with Mike...anyone interested? would be similar to the Alden version but not have the brogueing at the top of the boot that is circled in red in the second photo...the other brogueing lines would just extend to the top of the leather

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

that is truly nuts. cannot wait for the Vass MTO program to start. I have been discussing the idea of a Alt Wien boot with Mike...anyone interested? would be similar to the Alden version but not have the brogueing at the top of the boot that is circled in red in the second photo...the other brogueing lines would just extend to the top of the leather
That is an AWESOME boot. I won't be able to swing that financially until the spring I'm thinking, but I'm def down for one of these eventually.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That is an AWESOME boot. I won't be able to swing that financially until the spring I'm thinking, but I'm def down for one of these eventually.

Todd V

Reaction score

Will you continue to order from alden (in non shell)? And preferably sleeker lasts like grant and plaza?

...And/or will your standard orders ever go down to US7.5D? You have saved me *thousands* of dollars in shoe purchases simply becuase you don't stock my size. ;)

jimney

Reaction score
...And/or will your standard orders ever go down to US7.5D? You have saved me *thousands* of dollars in shoe purchases simply becuase you don't stock my size.
wink.gif
Barrie last shoes typically go down to 7.5D, but that probably doesn't do you a lot of good. As an 8D, I just barely squeak in. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics