• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

momentoftruth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on sizing up for Rivets. Have finally found my size is 32 (just a smidge loose, but nothing a dryer can't fix) after owning pairs of 30 and 31 with tailoring each time to let out the waist. I'm generally a 30 in other brands, 29 in raw denim.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Quote:
Yeah, the only place I know of would be the Kings Head, which usually has Fuller's London Pride on a legit pump setup, but half the time it's down for one reason or another. But the Kings Head is only a few blocks from the new Epaulet location, at least! The homebrew solution sounds like it might be even better though.

oisin

Reaction score

Yeah, the only place I know of would be the Kings Head, which usually has Fuller's London Pride on a legit pump setup, but half the time it's down for one reason or another. But the Kings Head is only a few blocks from the new Epaulet location, at least! The homebrew solution sounds like it might be even better though.

Not to get OT but I didn't realize Kings Head had a legit hand pump. I thought everything was kegged. I may need to go investigate soon. A pint of London Pride on cask is :inlove:

unclesam099

Reaction score

Mike,
Any chance of getting the white denim shirt without darts?

You can easily remove the darts from your shirt. Just get it and use your seam ripper.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have had issues with the cloth behind the seam ( in response to unclesam)
Doesn't appear that the quote function worked on my phone.

Last edited:

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mile, any update on the various Alden preorders we made around 2 years ago? Has Alden confirmed any of them?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think Walts and Rudys are still somewhat vanity sized - for example a size 34 has a 35" waist. Rivets are a little more true to size, at least in the waist. But yeah, these aren't on the same level of vanity sizing as some other brands out there.

Wouldn't trousers that were meant for a 34" waist actually measure larger because of the material in the waistband?

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

*Not My Auction Disclaimer*

PTO featured this on Ebay this morning. A great pickup for any of my large-footed brethren.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carmina-Epa...5531837?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item2a2f7fcfbd

That's an awesome find...if these were any other color I'd buy them, I really don't need another pair of burgundy shell wingtip boots in addition to my #8 Brixtons.

Wouldn't trousers that were meant for a 34" waist actually measure larger because of the material in the waistband?

That's an interesting question, and I don't have a good answer. But since Rivet chinos are a little closer to TTS is the waist, the fact that the same size Walt has a bigger waist in comparison, I have to assume there's some vanity sizing in there. Also there are some other brands that don't add an extra inch, I think a pair of Panta I had a while ago were size 34 and they had a 34" waist. That was a while ago though so I could be mistaken.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nvm

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads