1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Assuming this is correct, have a very happy birthday, Mike - amazing last year (baby, CA-experiment, etc), and here's hoping for an even better one

1 person likes this.
  2. trig

trig Senior member

Poop. Requested usps and just got ups tracking. Takes longer to get here :(

3. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

Happens all the time and I have never understood why they ship UPS even when USPS is requested.

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

UPS is used for more expensive items. I believe north of $250 in value.

5. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Thanks, that helps confirm what I thought. As far as the Driggs, though, isn't the rise shorter than the Rivet even?

6. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

It's pretty minimal provided you're sticking to cold wash/hang dry. Don't worry about sizing up for the top block. And either hem the pants after the first wash, or allow an extra 0.5" in length if you're hemming pre-wash.

I'd say that most of our customers wear the same size in the Walt and the Rivet, but that often depends upon your particular build.

In the case of a customer who wears the same size, you can disregard the real waist size difference between the Walt & Rivet. The Walt has a fully constructed waistband which is thick and goes around you in a largely straight line. The Rivet has a much thinner waistband which is much more curved, allowing it to fit closer without feeling tight. So the Rivet can be a half inch smaller but still yield the same overall fit.

The Rivet's legs are slightly larger than the Walts, in keeping with its "chino" nature. If you like the lower rise and you're looking for a slimmer leg, then chances are that the Driggs will be a great fit for you.

When you're doing an MTO, I'd always advise trying just one unit in a new fit. All of our pieces can be tailored in or out, so getting those Rivet legs slimmed up should be an easy process.

Definitely a Small in the Kamigata. No worries, we'll be restocking soon. Crosshatch is gone forever, but I'm going to hunt around for some new fabrics tomorrow.

That would be rad! I'm going to look for a cotton-linen blend, ideally. We need the fabric to be relatively thick so that it drapes properly - and I know that the juniper linen would be a bit too thin. But I'm on the hunt.

Thank you guys! It's actually the store's birthday (Epaulet opened on 5/8/14), but yes, we just had our 6-year anniversary.

Here's a funny blast from the past on that:

http://ny.racked.com/archives/2008/05/12/now_open_epaulet.php

7. kwanon

kwanon Senior member

Rivet rise varies with size (9.75" to 11.75"), Driggs doesn't (11").
    In my size (29) the Driggs rise is 1" higher.

8. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

nm

9. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Ah, that makes so much more sense now. Thanks so much for pointing that out - that is important to notice it is the same for all sizes!

10. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Thanks, that makes sense on the washing and rivet versus walt sizing.

I have a Driggs cotton cashemere MTO on order, so I'm really looking forward to getting that in and trying that new fit. Makes sense not to order multiple in the new fit until I know it will work for me.

I know this might sound ridiculous, but thanks for pointing out the rivet legs can be slimmed in. I know to most people on SF this might be something they would know immediately or would naturally attempt, but with my limited sartorial experience it isn't something that always occurs to me. I will definitely be looking around the DC/NOVA/MD area for a good tailor to get that done on my rivets. They are awesome but my personal taste for the size I got was that I would like just a slightly slimmer leg on that pair.

11. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Congratulations! Epaulet is a game-changer and here's to many more!

12. BrandonJG

BrandonJG Well-Known Member

13. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

I go to London Tailor on Wisconsin Ave in Bethesda for most OTR trouser alterations and Will Field at Field's Custom Tailors in Georgetown for jacket work. Very satisfied with both.

14. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Thank you so much, this will be very useful for me.

15. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Sofio's Custom Tailors in Tyson's also does amazing work. And he is a great guy to work with.

16. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Indigo Dyed LBM 1911 Jackets

Hey guys,

The long-awaited Indigo LBM jackets are live! Here's the story on them:

We're thrilled to introduce these special edition L.B.M. 1911 jackets! The story goes as such. Last season (Fall 13), we had a handful of summer-weight jackets that were unsold. They were in a mixture of cotton pique and poplin. We brought them to our dye house in Los Angeles and selected a Japanese plant-based indigo dye. All of the buttons were removed, and each piece was run through an 8-step dye and wash process. The result is a gorgeous deep navy indigo hue and an even softer hand than before. The dye process is color-fast and permanent, but you can expect it to fade a bit with repeated wash and wear. This particular piece is made in a lightweight 100% cotton pique and has a 2-button front.

Stock is very limited, the price is great, and these are the only Indigo-dipped L.B.M. 1911 pieces on Earth! We're confident that you'll be delighted with it.

Two things to note:
    1) Both the sleeves and length shrank by about 0.5-1." Outside of that, the fit is largely consistent with other LBM 1911 jackets and with our Southwick line
    2) Overdyeing something complex like a finished sportcoat is a bit unpredictable. If you look closely, you'll see some individual threads that took less dye than others. You may see some tone variations throughout the piece. It comes with the territory, and this will fade and develop further if you wash it on your own.

OK, there's three styles to choose from, about 10 units in all. If you take a 36/46 or a 38/48, then act fast - this size is only available in the 3-roll-2 and we've just got one unit of each.

[​IMG]
    L.B.M. 1911 Indigo Dyed Pique Cotton 2-Button Sportcoat: $450

[​IMG]
    L.B.M. 1911 Indigo Dyed Pique 3/2 Roll Sportcoat: $450

[​IMG]
    L.B.M. 1911 Indigo Dyed Poplin 2-Button Sportcoat: $450

17. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Thanks, that is even closer to me. I will definitely check Sofio's out as well.

18. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

19. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

20. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

So nice but the 38/48 is already gone. [​IMG]

Quick question, can I actually wash my LBM cotton pique sport coat?