1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Speaking of Vass . . . any word on the MTO from November?

2. nullspace

nullspace Member

Thanks for the mini review. I've been interested in their trenches too for a while. Any way we can get a fit picture?

3. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

I tried an at-home dye job on a discounted cotton LBM from Epaulet a few months ago. I wish it went a fraction as well as those ones look above.

I put a few hours into the process and I'm not sure the purple colour I ended up with was worth the effort. FWIW, I was going for a dark Burgundy. I can't decide whether to invest more time into the project to darken things further.

I really think the overdye process needs a few critical things most DIYers don't have: patience, chemicals, and insanely hot water.

4. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Do you guys currently have any black wool fabrics available for MTO Walts? A tropical wool or hopsack. I seem to remember some being available maybe last year...

5. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

Last time I liked a dye job I did, it was in a pot on the stove, water almost boiling. I tries a similar dye job a few months later in the washer on hot and it was not enough.

6. Rincon

Rincon Senior member

Is Epaulet ever going to offer long sizes in their blazers?

Tall guys getting left out ;(

7. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  8. tricky

tricky Senior member

Sorry, I don't see the problem here.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. applky

applky Senior member

You can do an MTO in most stock fabrics if you e-mail them. I've had several made since I take a 37R (size 37 not stocked) in Napolis. I believe the single MTO upcharge is $50.

@Epaulet Mike, thanks for the OD chino/MTO Doyle deal. Will definitely be getting in on that.

I don't own a Doyle (yet), but being a 37R in Southwick, would you say a 37 is the right Doyle size, given the option with this MTO?

10. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

I'm probably a 39R, and having tried both 38 and 40 in the Doyle, I would say 39 would be ideal for me.

1 person likes this.
  11. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Since these are MTO, will they allow any more sizes? i.e. 58 XLONG? I usually can use a 58 Long, but some of the more trendy jackets don't have long enough sleeves for me and often don't have any fabric to let out or have working sleeve cuffs making it difficult.

12. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Being a 37 in Southwick and owning a 38 Doyle, I would say, yes, get a 37 Doyle if you can. Otherwise, 38 is probably best.

1 person likes this.
  13. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

The available sizing for our Vittorio is:

46 to 60 REGULAR
    50 to 58 LONG

But the sleeves and jacket body can be shortened by up to 2" or extended up to 3". So we can effectively make an XXLong, and we should be able to cover everyone with this.

Yup, we absolutely will. Southwick reorganized its MTO program this season, so the swatches were extremely delayed. We're planning to get them online shortly and both Longs and XLongs are possible. And, of course the LBM/Vittorio program that I mentioned above will also give you a lot of great options.

Yup, we definitely do, it's just not in the collection. We have the same Black 120s that we're currently selling in the OTR Walt. It would be $245. If you drop us an email, then we can set you up with that order.

Yeah, home dyeing is really difficult. The commercial process is intense. These jackets were all dyed at our DTLA house, so the dye is uniform and colorfast.

Should be coming in any week now, we'll shoot out a notification once they arrive.

14. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

What's the turnaround time on the MTO pants?

And are those MTO supplies limited, or are they permanent additions to the epaulet line.

15. JVK1

JVK1 Senior member

I just got mine (slate Japanese garment-dyed twill) this afternoon, shipping confirmation on the 25th, and I ordered on April 3rd. So just barely over three weeks before shipping!

16. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We quote 4-6 weeks, but this first batch actually made it through in 3. The turnaround wholly depends on the workload of the factory, and this is a fairly slow time for them, and a great time to get an order in. Things will start to get busier around the start of June.

All of the MTO fabrics are subject to availability, and we're not the only account who uses them, so it's tough to estimate how long a fabric will last. Most of the time, we're simply told that it's sold out, we're not given advance notice. But I can give you guys a rundown:

The Khyber Cloth is essentially a basic and most if not all of those colors should be in stock for the next few months. Same with Seersucker and Pincord.

For English Sanded Canvas, we should have all colors in stock with the exception of red and purple - those two are limited.

Italian Cotton-Cash isn't necessarily seasonal, but the factory bought that conservatively because of the price. I can see that selling out.

The lightweight wools and linens are all seasonal, and most of the more desirable colors will sell through.

The basic solid cottons (chambray, "khaki colors") should be in stock all of the time. If you want the tonal seersucker or the Japanese Garment dye, you'd want to get that ASAP.

The patterned linens are pretty limited in stock, but they don't sell nearly as fast as the solid ones, so they'll probably hang out for a bit.

1 person likes this.
  17. trig

trig Senior member

pics of those slate pants please!

1 person likes this.
  18. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Senior member

Any shorts coming out this season?

19. brp2

brp2 Senior member

Did you mean to specify denim shorts?

20. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

Mike mentioned that there will be some EPLA shorts coming soon. Initial fabrics mentioned were washed duck canvases and the navy digicam. The fit is supposed to be good for all Rivet/Walt/Rudy/Driggs folks and will have a 9" inseam.