1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

I have a lightweight denim sportcoat and it is one of my favorite pieces. I imagine the chambray Doyle being useful in a similar, but obviously more casual, way. I look forward to grabbing one though I'm tempted to actually size down from my olive version and use the chambray as more of a mid-layer.

On the topic of jackets, Mike, what is the general schedule for the next Southwick FF MTO? They always seem to take a bit more time than expected, so sadly, I'm already thinking of Fall. It's unfortunate that you weren't able to track down more of that green/orange windowpane, but some bolder FF fabrics like that would have my interest.

2. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

That chambray looks amazing [​IMG]

3. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

Hey Mike, do you have any updates on the G&L safari twill Wilshires? How did the tan over-dye turn out?

4. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Just saw the various UK Sanded Canvas MTO trouser options. My navy pair I had made a few months ago has to be one of my favorite trousers ever, and the prospect of an olive pair is very tempting.

5. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

SOMEONE POST PICS, PLEASE (yes, I'm shouting)

6. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Awesome! Yes, I'd recommend a 4.15 for you.

Those look great! Our EPLA tennis shoes should hit us in a few weeks too.

Yup, with the option to order odd sizes on the preorder, this should be pretty easy to do.

In terms of the next FF, we're looking at late June for that. The delivery schedule is pretty much the same everytime - about 12-16 weeks. We'll show mostly Fall products for that FF, and they'll be delivered around late Sept, early Oct. I'm sure that they'll be bold stuff like that windowpane to choose from.

We're also working out a MTO Suiting Factory Finds. Pricing won't be as sharp as on the Factory Finds sportcoats, but they'll still be a great value. The whole suit will be MTO as well, so everyone can choose their details. And delivery should be 6-8 weeks on those. More info to come on that down the road.

It is so freaking good. Deadstock too. I'm really excited for this one.

Oh man, you should really check out that grape sanded canvas. It's incredible! I know that you've already got some purple cotton pants, but I think those would still be your jam.

7. sarteaga

sarteaga Senior member

^ Mike I just wanted to say thank you for your kindness when I visited the Santa Monica location. Thank you for your help with all the questions as well, glad that my friend is now able to enjoy the trainers as a result (same guy pictured in Wis's post).

8. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

So much good news! Thanks Mike.

9. Big A

Big A Senior member

Any chance for another run of Carmina lizard monks? I missed my size.

10. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

[​IMG]
    EPLA blue overdye oxford

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Chambray for Doyle looks really nice. And the idea of a cash-mink version sounds extraordinary.

12. Epaulet

Wilshire Galey & Lord Selvedge Update

Hey guys,

After long last, I'm afraid that I have some bad news. The overdye process worked out alright, but two things happened:

1) The chinos shrank to a huge degree. Nearly 2" at the waist, and in varying ways in the other dimensions. This was a possibility, as the pattern wasn't calculated for overydyeing, just for a regular rinse. I can't give you any kind of coherent measurments, as each one shrank it its own strange way.

2) Some of the hardware lost its metal finish and bled onto the fabric. The metal buttons are designed for regular washing, not the intense process of overdyeing. When you make a garment like this and dye it, you put the buttons on after the fact. With these, they were already attached and were impossible to remove before the dye bath.

I'm really sorry that this didn't work out and that it's taken so long to reach a resolution. It's pretty rare for a fabric to behave like this, but even still, we'll evaluate and test any future preorder fabrics before offering it and cutting them.

But let me offer the following. The Chambray Doyle preorder is going to go up this week for $175. This item was $150. If anyone on the Wilshire preorder is interested in the Doyle, then we'll move your order over for the same $150 that you've already paid. Or, if that's not your bag, I can issue you a $175 online gift certificate, or refund your original $150 purchase. Please drop me an email at contact[at]epauletnewyork and let me know what you'd like to do.

Sorry again guys,
    Mike

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Mike,

Thanks so much for the update. I am sorry to hear it didbt work it. We all know you put considerable effort into this project and likely wanted to see it come to fruition far more than any of us. Thanks for all of your efforts on this as most people would have abondoned it like 20 steps ago.

14. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

Thanks for the update on the G&L Wilshires, Mike. It's too bad that it didn't work out, but thanks for offering to switch the pre-order to the Doyle. I will send you an email about it.

Regarding the special order chambray Doyle, would it be possible to order in odd numbered sizes?

15. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

GDogg,

Odd sizing for the MTO chambray Doyle as per Mike, from a few posts above.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  16. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

wow :slayer:

17. Epaulet

[​IMG]

EPLA Overdyed Marine Oxford

And one of our custom midnight indigo overdyed LBM jackets - which will go online in a week or two.

9 people like this.
  18. vedarcrew

vedarcrew Senior member

Amazing color on the LBM!

19. vedarcrew

vedarcrew Senior member

6 people like this.
  20. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Oh wow, are those bordeaux scotchgrain? Beautiful shoe!