1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Feelin' jealous of errybody's day in LA. lesigh.

1 person likes this.
  2. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

El', I know that feel. First store visit after two years of online orders.

3. badsha

badsha Senior member

I think I just missed you. I got there around 4pm after all the craziness. No one mentioned the deal on Saphir creams and brushes (very few). Leather jackets were an amazing deal, but ultimately I passed because I don't think I would wear them. Most of the sneakers were sold out, mostly 41's were left. Picked up below.

1. Nano protector
    2. Shoe horn
    3. Olive Doyle
    4. 2 Rivet Chinos
    5. LBM 1911 Over Dyed 2 button sport coat

4. slimandnone

slimandnone Active Member

Are these the Carmina Fitzgeralds? Please tell me they are horribly uncomfortable and super-ugly in person so I won't buy them.

5. sarteaga

sarteaga Senior member

They are the Fitzgerald's and I'll tell you that they are horribly uncomfortable and super-ugly in person but they aren't [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. sarteaga

sarteaga Senior member

I didn't see the nano protector, dang. Thought about the shoe horn but considering I have to pack it and get it back to NYC I figured to just leave it. I bought a Saphir brush but I'm leaving that back here in LA for my dad. I have to get a picture of the LBM 1911 donegal tweed shacket sample my nephew got for $50 from the sale.

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Anyone snap a noragi pic??

8. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Mike did at least one of Oisin. Badass as always.

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I'm sad to see the shop close, but I'm excited for Mike and Adele with their baby moving back to the family.

I guess I gotta visit NY now to visit the stores :)

10. altmana

altmana Well-Known Member

The suspense is killing me. Was anyone able to snap a picture of this?

1 person likes this.
  11. Louys

Louys Senior member

I received one of the CPO jackets the other day, it looks wonderful and fits great. I'm slightly concerned if I'm going to be able to fit the bulk of a sweater as well as a shirt into the sleeves, but no matter. For the sale price the CPO was a steal.

On a side note how on earth has no one posted pics of the new product yet?

12. SushiOfTheGods

SushiOfTheGods Senior member

That's what I'm wondering. Post some pix of the CPO! I'm on the verge of getting one myself.

13. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Thanks Everyone!

Hey guys,

A huge thanks to everyone who came by the event yesterday! We had a fantastic store closing. I'd love to show you a bunch of photos, but it was reliably apeshit in here for the whole day, and I didn't have a chance to shoot very much. We had an awesome turnaround and it was great that so many people had the opportunity to pick up merchandise at the sale. Thanks to everyone who participated in SVB's proxy sales as well. He packed the hell out of things today, and he's on top of getting your stuff out pronto.

With this behind us, I'll be able to concentrate on all of the new things that we have coming through. Over the next 2 months, you'll see the roll-out of a massive site redesign and optimization. We'll have more EPLA, more MTO and factory finds options, Fall footwear group buys, and all of the other things that you guys like. We'll also focus more on events, both in our Manhattan shop and trunk shows in other cities.

We've got a bunch of new EPLA items dropping this week. Kamigata is here in both indigo Kaihara and light indigo Nissinbo Mills cross-hatch denim. We received the first EPLA overdye and enzyme-washed oxfords, which were a big hit at the event. The long-awaited Doyle restock is going up! And we'll have the 5-year SF thread Doyle preorder item.

Here's a few images of the Kamigata. This is the Nisshinbo Cross-Hatch:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was a huge hit at the party - we sold over 20 of them. You guys are going to love it!

Here's the swatch of the Doyle special order item:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And, we sold through about half of the Doyle jacket production run yesterday, but the other half will hit NYC by Friday. Once they arrive, we'll update the site with stock. In the meantime, I've built stock in for what's remaining in the LA store. If you don't see your size/color here, then don't worry, we have more coming - they'll just be available for sale in about 5 days. If you see your size here, then that means it's in Santa Monica, and I can ship it out to you immediately.

[​IMG]
    EPLA Doyle Jacket Washed Navy Duck Canvas: $175

[​IMG]
    EPLA Doyle Jacket Washed Olive Duck Canvas: $175

6 people like this.
  14. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Did I read that right, more MTO walts coming?

15. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

Wondering the same. Also, can you elaborate on the FFs? Walt/Rudy/Driggs, shirts, jackets, Rivets?

Can you give us a bit more detail on the cotton/cashmere fabric for the Walt/Rudy/Driggs MTO? It seems like this might be the ultimate cotton fabric for business casual.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  16. racknac

racknac Senior member

Really wondering how I should size the Doyle... normally wear a Medium in Epaulet shirts and its just right. I wear Medium in Gitman Vintage as well but its definitely a more relaxed fit. Wondering if I should size up on the Doyle so that I could layer more. Seems like most people are sizing up a bit.

17. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Mike that Chambray is for the Doyle? It looks
    Nice. Can you compare it With the duck canvas navy fabric in terms Of color and weight? Also Pricing? My birthday and might be able to convince someone to get me one of these. Shall I wait for chambray?

A photo of the chambray next to navy would be very informative. Congrats on closing up shop and look forward to next phase.

18. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

I'm on the tighter side of medium in shirts, and a 38 Doyle was a bit uncomfortable in the shoulders, so I went for a 40. It's a bit more relaxed in the waist area, but whatever.

Also, there were samples of the private label boots and shoes mentioned earlier, and they were bonkers. Bison/bull(?) leathers, vibram soles, really tough.

19. JVK1

JVK1 Senior member

Please do tell about the private label boots/shoes!

1 person likes this.
  20. SushiOfTheGods

SushiOfTheGods Senior member

Whoever bought out all the Midnight Oil Rivets please share one with me! :(