• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CPaul

Reaction score
Anyone have any pictures of some well worn duck canvas pants? I'm interested in what they look like.

Thanks,
Chris

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone have any pictures of some well worn duck canvas pants? I'm interested in what they look like.

Thanks,
Chris

Stanley Van Buren posted a picture a while back. You may be able to look on his blog for it.

Epaulet loafers

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Excited to see Epaulet expanding, sad to see Mike and Adel leaving Brooklyn. Oh so close to going after one of the FF jackets, might need to swing by a store and see the swatches in person!

Thanks so much! We'll still be back here every month, so you'll see us around :)

in the market for a standard blazer, what would you guys recommend for someone that doesn't have one yet?

Navy hopsack is always our number one seller, and the first standard blazer for anyone. It's a luxurious, easily matched, and long-wearing fabric. You can dress it up with grey trousers or wear it with chinos and jeans. And if you want to make a suit out of it down the road, we sell a matching trouser. It's easily the most versatile piece in our collection.

I am in the same boat.  I have variations of navy, charcoal and black dress pants at the moment and it seems a navy blazer would not provide enough contrast. 

Thoughts? 

Hmm. A navy jacket will work with charcoal, but you'd need something grey to jive with navy and black pants.

I'd actually recommend the Factory Finds piece that we just put up:

Factory Finds Pearl Grey Napoli Sportcoat

This is going to make up beautifully. It will be a great match for jeans too. If the charcoal pants are dark enough, then it could work with them. It will definitely be boss with Navy or Black.

Is there anyway to try on a 34 or 35 in store?

Unfortunately no, but we've made well over 50 units in those sizes, and we've received great feedback on the fit. If you have a sportcoat where you like the fit already, then measuring the chest, shoulder, sleeve, length will give you a very good idea of how it jives with our pattern. And if you might be between sizes, then go up an inch (ex. order the 35 if you're not sure between 34 or 35). It's always better to take the jacket in a bit. You can email Matt directly at [email protected] or schedule a phone call with him for personalized sizing advice.

Thanks,
Chris

StanVan is the king of faded duck Rivet Chinos. These are the French Blue color:

pownager

Reaction score
When can I expect a restock of the size 28 Petrol Blue Slim walts? I've been looking for that colour since forever!

pekingman

Reaction score
Just got refused for the US visa. Most probably that means I'm not stepping into an actual Epaulet store until I get married
frown.gif

I remember this post from a couple of months back ... Hope you can make it over in the future (looks like you'll have both an East coast and West coast option now so maybe that helps....).

Anyway my visit to Epaulet just got cancelled as two of my colleagues didn't get their visas, so now we will be short-handed on the trip, and the free time I originally had planned to use for a quick visit to New York no longer exists! I will have to console myself by ordering something online with the money saved on airfare and hotel .... Big question though is whether to go for instant gratification (maybe the the peanut floral boat shoes - delivered while I am in the US to a friend), or one of the fall sportcoat options ...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Are there any sample jackets to try in the Brooklyn store? I'm interested in the navy Napoli jacket, but I want to see the fit before ordering. Would you guys consider this a versatile jacket/fabric? http://epauletnewyork.com/collectio...ds-navy-wool-cotton-cashmere-napoli-sportcoat
Oh absolutely. This is a really versatile and comfortable fabric. It's wearable year round. And both stores typically have a pretty wide selection of jackets in sizes 36, 38, 40, and 42. Anyone in the shops will be happy to help you to find your size. Some guys will bring a sportcoat that they own as well - we can measure that to see how it compares with our in-house fit.
Can FF jacket be cut X-short?
Absolutely. That should be an option for each of the FF jackets. If you don't see it in one of the items then let me know and we'll get that fixed. It will reduce the sleeves and body by 2"
When can I expect a restock of the size 28 Petrol Blue Slim walts? I've been looking for that colour since forever!
Size 28 and 29 are only done via special order. Send us an email and we can put that into work for you. We definitely have more of that fabric on hand. It's no extra cost, and takes 4-6 weeks for delivery.
Has anyone yet got a feel of the Nori Tropical Wool Trousers personally? Any idea of how they are in hot, humid weather? How do they look?
Other guys can chime in on how they personally like the fabric, but I can tell you that it's a lightweight tropical wool with a comfortable open weave. It's great for hot and humid days. Linen is generally the coolest fabric that you can wear, with Tropical Wool being a close second. It will breathe better than a cotton trouser.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just grabbed the Carmina Faulkner Midnight Shortwings.

I'm excited about these but arranged shipping to be combined with my FF rivets.

Now I'm in the painful holding period for the longwings, 3 FF rivets and a FF Sportcoat (or two).

The Epaulet addiction is ridiculous. I almost feel I need to order something for immediate delivery to hold me over haha.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the nori tropical wool is really lightweight and nice. the color is also beautiful, compliments almost every day i wear it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads