1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. SushiOfTheGods

SushiOfTheGods Senior member

Does anyone know the exchange shipping policy? I know I pay for my shipping back to EP, but I'm not sure if I must pay for shipping again to myself or if it's included.

2. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Does anyone remember when the Fall FF sportcoats are due in?

3. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

Will the Luchino be saved since it had the shout out from @hommeschooled?

4. scb

scb Senior member

MTO gitman. weak phone picture

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    3 people like this.
  5. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

These days have been pretty hectic since I'd arrived here in CA and I'm thinking if I can even step it up a notch. I just realized that my favorite band ever hasn't sold out its 4/19 meet & greet tickets in LA yet (never been to one of these). So I'm wondering if I can squeeze a flight from SFO and my first EP store visit in that day as well. With an early flight, I probably could. That would make for one awesome weekend.

Mike, who is actually working in the SM store that Saturday?

6. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Got shipping confirmation on my two FF jackets! (cashmere herringbone and the glen plaid)

7. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Congrats, that's awesome. Did you get that confirmation today?

8. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

I just got one today for the navy-wool-cotton-cash.

9. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

I can't wait until my shipping confirmation! First jacket purchase with them.

10. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Nice to see more gentlemen frequenting the Alden thread here [​IMG]

11. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Yeah, an hour or two ago. UPS shipping. Confusing me when I looked at the tracking data, used to the USPS.

12. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

White Point Collar Oxford:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. 45bur

45bur Senior member

Mike - when can we expect the new tie lines to drop?

14. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

I'm missing this one out of the few that I ordered. 3 delivered at this point, too bad it's (finally) getting warm for them. Sizing down to 41L on this order is a perfect fit for me.

15. chrisbkreme

chrisbkreme Senior member

When can we expect the chambray Doyle and EPLA blazers to drop? Thanks!

16. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

They're a bit out. I just got the final sample of the EPLA sportcoat - I'll shoot some photos of that tomorrow to show you guys. It looks great, but is still in development.

For the Chambray Doyle, I'm just waiting on confirmation from our cutter that the fabric is all good. I don't want any surprises if we do a preorder on it. I should be able to put that up next week.

We dropped the woven ties last week, and I've got a bunch of knit ties to go up next week.

4/19 would be an EXCELLENT day to come here. I'll be here all day. I'll have details tomorrow, but yeah, that would be the perfect day for you to visit the SM store.

Sharp! I love the compact twill with the cutaway collar!

Haha, no the Luchino has been formally retired. But the EPLA cotton pique version is in process. Found a good local source for MOP buttons so we can pimp it out a lil bit.

Which ones? The FF Sportcoat round from January is delivering now - we've got a few stragglers, but we've got most of it either shipped out or in process and pending shipment in the next few days.

The next round of FF jackets will come in early July for an estimated Sept-Oct delivery.

You'd have to pay to return the item, but if you're domestic then we'll ship you the replacement on our dime.

Compared to our in-house line and the sportcoats that I design, the Doyle is about as slim as everything else that we make. But yes, compared to most OTR jackets, it's a bit smaller.

Hopsack is great, but I think that Tobacco color is killer. If you already have a tan trouser, than that's a nice extension. You might also consider our OTR Espresso Super 120s pant if we have your size:
    http://epauletnewyork.com/products/slim-walt-trouser-espresso-super-120s-wool

No, our deliveries are on hold here. More on that tomorrow.

Still in the early stages on that. I put it on hold until we nail down the Rivet Chino Garment Dye shape, as that will be what the jogger is built off of. I have what (I hope) is my final sample of that, and we can then build the short and the jogger out pretty easily.

Very cool! Love the color combo.

Khyber red is really pale, almost like a dark salmon tone. It's pretty dressy and the khyber cloth is very light and smooth.

The Factory Finds washed red was more in that nantucket red tone, and it was a garment dyed canvas. Way more casual, textured, and saturated in color.

I've got the Overdyed 14oz Kaihara Denim Doyle coming next week. It will come in a dark navy and a black overdye. Colorfast, so you won't have to worry about accidental bleeding - although you'll want to wash it separately the first few times.

I'm working on two wool scenarios for the Doyle. The first would be an enzyme washed and hot-rinsed wool - essentially creating a boiled wool which would remain machine washable by the owner. And we're looking at doing a lambswool flannel and 3/8 liner, thereby making a dressier shirt-jacket variant.

1 person likes this.
  17. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Awesome.

Any news on medium FF shirts? (and Carmina jumpers to that end) [​IMG]

18. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Two New Wilshire Jeans

Got two new Wilshire Jeans for you. Both of these are in lighter and softer denim than the first few runs.

[​IMG]
    EPLA Wilshire Jean 13 oz Ring-Ring Indigo Kaihara Denim: $150

This denim is really special, and the hand on this jean is insane! I'll paste the info about ring-ring below. Stock here is pretty tight (around 40 pieces), and it's moving pretty fast. If you have your eyes on a pair, then don't wait too long.

This particular jean is cut in 13oz "Ring x Ring" Kaihara denim. Ring-spun yarns are the traditional way of making denim. It's a work-intensive spinning process which yields a soft and slightly irregular fiber. Most high-end denim has a ring-spun warp yarn (dyed indigo) with an open-end spun weft yarn. Open-end spinning is a more modern and uniform technique. This particular denim has uses ring spinning for both the warp and the weft. The result is a stunningly soft denim for its 13oz weight and a beautiful, slightly uneven finish upon close inspection. The indigo dye runs very deep and has bled slightly from the warp into the weft during the initial weaving, giving this a dark blue overall tone. A solid off-white selvedge stripe closes off the ends.

[​IMG]
    EPLA Wilshire Jean 12 oz Lightweight Indigo Kuroki Denim: $150

I'm in love with this jean. It's a lightweight piece which is very comfortable and breathable, but still has a proper drape and look. Kuroki's quality is fantastic, and this is a versatile indigo with red-line selvedge colorway. For warmer days, these can't be beat. I also love this with Spring/Summer sportcoats, as the heavier denim often looks a bit mismatched with lighter jackets.

19. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

How is the Fairfax coming?

20. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Mike - Thanks for the response. I'll probably grab the tobacco super 130's. I've been waiting for a lighter jean and softer jean, so both of these are really appealing. I'm leaning towards the ring-ring. If you could only choose one, which of these would you grab?