1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Sharp! I dig the subdued monogram too. Thanks for picking it up.

Haha, that's what I hear about the Doyle from everyone. Glad that you're enjoying it - it looks boss on you.

Great call on both of the trousers. The light grey hopsack has been the best seller so far, and it's hard to beat that one for versatility.

And I should have our Southwick MTO options shortly - sorry that its taking so long. They revamped their fabric selection this season, and we're scheduled to have the swatches next week. Usually they would arrive around the end of Feb. I should have a ton of options for you to choose from. When you're talking about a jacket to work with both navy and gray trousers, you're probably going to be looking for a tan or wheat tone. Along the lines of the Vittorio jacket that we're carrying now from Luigi Bianchi Mantova. I should have a good amount to choose from.

Thanks! And good call on the sweaters. We looked at the business and although it's something that I really enjoy, it's hard to make our mark there. We're always trying to bring something new to fold, as there's plenty of other places that deliver the basics.

So, for this Fall, we've got the following planned for wools:

1) The return of our "Heirloom Cardigan," - a heavyweight handknit piece from Canada
    2) The Scottish Hardie cardign in two unexpected colors (not grey nor navy)
    3) A lineup of slim lambswool crewnecks, also in uncommon colors. Some shawl neck pullovers alongside those.

Our extension on this will be the new EPLA collection of fleece and french terry. We're developing some exclusive heavyweight yarn for a thick fleece - around 18oz or so. With this, we can do a heavyweight crew, heavyweight hoodie, and a heavyweight shawl button front.

Unfortunately, probably not. These fabrics are kept at a separate factory and we were offered that rock-bottom price on them in exchange for giving them the extra cut and sew work. They would probably sell it to me, but we'd be at something like $200 for a Walt/Rudy in it. Nowhere near the $140 that we can offer in the Rivet. UK cottons at this quality are relatively very expensive. All of you guys who ordered the factory finds - you'll know what I'm talking about in 4-6 weeks :). The fabric is incredible.

Awesome! Thanks so much - you're going to love that fabric.

Thank you! Quick heads up for Tuesday - I've got a baby doctor appointment in the morning, so I'll most likely have to open around 1PM that day.

Excellent - great minds think alike! Our sizing will be the same as our bridle leather belts, which strike a nice balance of width. They're substantial enough for jeans but still work in our trousers. And we're looking into Chicago screws to give the CXL belts their own identity.

2. Epaulet

Agreed. I've always admired Incotex pants. Their unique hand comes from (1) great quality cotton (2) very good overdye and (3) a nice wash mixture.

I believe that I've mentioned the Garment Dyed Rivet Chino before. I'll get (hopefully) the final sample on Wednesday. This will fall in the similar realm, and I'm working with every stage of our production to make this a very competitive product for less than half the price. More to come on that soon.

Also, I got hit yesterday with something. So, I mentioned that we're making a washed cotton sportcoat. Planned retail on that will be around the $200 - $225 range. I picked up some more G&L Military twill to make the first batch out of. Well, if we've got a G&L jacket and a G&L Chino, then we'll be able to offer casual cotton suiting separates for $350 to $375. Not something for a formal setting, but could be very cool for something low key.

3. OlafG

OlafG Senior member

That's a bummer about the UK canvas and Walt/Rudys. As you said you could probably size up one and take in the waist on a Rivet, but I dig the higher rise on the Walts. You said you'll do the cutoff yesterday, but they are still online. How long are they going to stay? I might jump on a pair to try, but I have to think about it.

4. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Thanks Mike - I'm looking forward to those lambswool crewnecks

5. Dirty Gurty

Dirty Gurty Senior member

I see the FF Rivets are still on the site despite it saying the ordering ended yesterday. Does that mean we can still put in another order? I guess I could go ahead and try it, haha...

6. Epaulet

Yup, sorry the end date should be today (as we're closed). I'm going to take them off-line tonight and we'll compile and send off the order for cutting tomorrow!

My pleasure - we'll have some rad colors!

7. applky

applky Senior member

Great shirt and collar Don L! Nice to see another Gitman MTO in the wild. And that full collar is wonderful. For the fabric, is that the normal blue TTX Oxford (fabric 301-40)?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  8. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Mike -- Ahhh great! Will the Southwick fabrics be jackets only or trousers as well?

9. applky

applky Senior member

Oh man you guys who haven't experienced the Heirloom Cardigan are in for a treat. That thing is the bees knees. Mine from Fall 2010 is still going strong. Mike, still using the same makers?

Also, any plans for more regular-weight cardigans or v-necks? Especially cardigans. It actually is very difficult to find a cardigan out there made of shetland wool with the crucial ribbon taping in the back of the placket.

10. Epaulet

Absolutely my man. Jackets, trousers, and vests can all be ordered from these fabrics.

Yes sir, they'll be made by Northern Watters on Prince Edward Island - just like before. The craftsmanship on these is insane (as you wrote) and they carry a lifetime warranty. I've still got mine from '10 as well. Looks like we've got Charcoal, Navy, Purple Heather, and Pacific Blue on order for that.

And unfortunately we don't have any v-necks are cardigans as such on order, but hopefully our EPLA pieces can offer some unexpected options beyond that.

11. Dirty Gurty

Dirty Gurty Senior member

Cool man, just got in for two more tonight - Brolive in the Twill and Tan in the Canvas. Fyi, still not getting the Shopify order confirmation emails, no biggie, just wanted to let y'all know.

12. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

glad those heirloom junts are back. mine (that was 2010? how time flies) is still a wonder.

13. Duke Silver

Duke Silver Senior member

I also didn't get a confirmation email for an order placed last night.

14. applky

applky Senior member

Love that stuff. IIRC Northern Watters Knitwear is basically two ladies in PEI knitting stuff -- everything by hand, no stitching on their garments aside from buttons and tags. It's amazing.

15. pekingman

pekingman Well-Known Member

16. direstrats220

direstrats220 Member

Who made the handsewn beefroll loafers (made in maine, natty CXL). Highland or Quoddy? Searching the web, kyle rancourt himself said they never made shoes for epaulet.

17. stlms3

stlms3 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These longwings look sick! Can't wait for tomorrow to give them a spin! So glad I jumped on them.

Any more MTO carmina/vass on the horizon mike? The two payment approach makes them a lot easier to stomach.

Also, any recommendations to keep them looking nice and shiny? I have a pair of Alden cordovan boots and it seems that no matter what I do, they end up dull. I really don't want the carminas to go down that road. I use Alden cordavon wax and ronvateur. Any other products I should pick up for either shoe, and any polishing techniques that work well on cordovan that I should be doing?

Thanks!

18. Epaulet

Thanks so much! And yes, I was on the line with Shopify earlier today - their rep couldn't figure out why the emails are no longer being generated, he said that he had to "pass it up the chain." Seems strange - this started happening on Saturday or so.

Regardless, anyone who ordered - please drop me an email and I'll be happy to send you your order confirmation manually. Sorry about this.

That's them! Although they've got a small staff there, it's still an entirely hand-made operation. I'm really glad that we're working with them again. It's been cool to see guys bringing out those sweaters one season after the next. They just don't quit.

Nope, we can still do custom orders on linen fabrics, but SW is going to have a bunch of their own to choose from. And they now have the Walt hard paper patterns, so the trousers will be the same if you'd like to get an entire 2-piece or 3-piece suit through their service. They'll just be more to choose from, and using all SW fabric will cut down the lead time by 2 weeks or so.

That's true - all of our US-made handsewns were done by Highland.

19. fridayfrenzy

fridayfrenzy Senior member

Should we have or be receiving a shipping notice on the FF Gitman shirt orders from the beginning of January?

1 person likes this.
  20. nd1nd2nd3

nd1nd2nd3 Well-Known Member

Swung by the Manhattan store on Sunday and picked up the flax chinolino LBM 1911. Anyone had one of these altered? I think I might want to adjust the collar so it lays closer to my neck, and I'm wondering if altering one of these is any different.