1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Don L

Don L Senior member

Wow, the new Pattern Linen's look fantastic

2. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

If you don't like the wrinkled look, don't get a linen pant.

2 people like this.
  3. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

4. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

[​IMG]

5. StanleyVanBuren

oh I just realized what you're talking about

1 person likes this.
  6. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Anyone ever have trouble submitting an order w. an AmEx? It keeps throwing validation errors on the card # field... I think it's expecting 16 digits when of course I only have 15 on this card.

7. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Call in and one of the folks in store will run it through for you.
    I use paypal usually to order from them online.

8. razl

razl Senior member

Sorry if this has been clarified before, but I couldn't find it....

I'm enthusiastically looking at the MTO Lightweight Wool trousers here: http://epauletnewyork.com/products/epaulet-made-to-order-trousers-lightweight-wools but I'm really confounded by some of the measurements.

While it seems weird to me that all waists would have the same rise I can still see it as legit (odd, but legit). Where as the thigh measurements, as described taken straight across the bottom of the crotch, seem very high. I have some trousers from Zanella and Armani with classically sized legs and even those top out at 12" in 34waist where the Walts/Driggs are 12.5 and the Rudy is 13.5. My "slimmer" trousers are 11" at the same point.

I'm not a newb to sizing or measurements, and the numbers on that page seem the same as the numbers for the same trousers on other pages so it's not a typo - I've got to missing or goofing something. If they weren't MTO and non-returnable I'd just give them a shot, but... any ideas?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  9. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

The thighs are measured straight across from the center of the crotch seam to the furthest edge of the trouser. Feel free to send us an email and we can shoot you some detailed info on how we measure trousers. I can't speak for Armani, but we're absolutely going to be slimmer in the thigh than anything from Zanella.

No, that's strange. About 20% of our sales are paid with AMEX, people use it all of the time. We can always take it over the phone, but it should absolutely work through the site. Drop me a line if it doesn't for you.

Both of them will wrinkle, that's part of the nature of linen. That said, I'd say that the Irish is thicker and loftier while the Italian is thinner and finer. Because the Irish linen is a little less crisp, I notice that the wrinkling is less "sharp." But this is a small shade of difference.

Not at the moment, but we'll look to roll out new MTO styles every month or so. I'm also going to create MTO galleries for everything that we make, so we'll have more and more real-life reference pictures as customers order more goods.

Not at the moment. The Gitman MTO fabrics are all determined by their stock assortment, and that blue chambray is the only thing that they offer presently. But consider the white TTX oxford. There's a million oxford fabrics out there, but I'd rate TTX as the best for the money. It has an excellent hand.

I've certainly done it before, but most guys would find the Super 120s to be pretty dressy. Consider getting the Navy hopsack. It's got some texture and is more versatile for casual wear IMO. In our stores, we sell hopsack to Super 120s at a rate of 3-to-1

10. razl

razl Senior member

Exactly why I was scratching my head.

Will do, I'm clearly goofing something.

11. Bonney

Bonney Senior member

Would you know measurement from beginning of buckle to third hole in the casual belts? size 32 and 34

Best regards

12. Epaulet

Vittorio & More L.B.M. 1911's

Three new sportcoats for you guys. First off is the Vittorio, our exclusive tailored piece with Luigi Bianchi Mantova. This thing is really the business, and these have been our best-selling sportcoats for the season.

[​IMG]
    Epaulet by Luigi Bianchi Mantova, Vittorio E. Thomas Tonal Plaid Sportcoat: $895

And we've got two washed L.B.M. 1911 pieces. These are both in their cotton/linen "chinolino" blends...

[​IMG]
    L.B.M. 1911 Single Breasted Mocha Herringbone Chinolino: $695

[​IMG]
    L.B.M. 1911 Single Breasted Navy Chinolino: $695

13. Don L

Don L Senior member

Just got my MTO Gitman TTX OCBD
    Fit and finish are top notch

1 person likes this.
  14. Epaulet

Yup, it's about 34" on size 34 and about 32" on size 32

Excellent - glad to hear that you're pleased with it!

15. nycxandy

nycxandy Senior member

How do the MTO lightweight hopsacks compare to the currently available hopsacks?

16. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Thrilled someone returned the LBM windowpane in my size. (or it was restocked)
    Can NOT wait to get it.

17. monologuist

monologuist Well-Known Member

For the MTO solid Irish Linen trousers, will there be inseam shrinkage if washed in cold water and hang dried? Is it necessary to order the inseam length longer to compensate?

18. hyfvr

hyfvr Member

Is there anything special I need to do to receive the styleforum refund return? The rivet chinos I've received in exchange for another size still have much too short of a rise for me. Sad because I absolutely love them otherwise :/

19. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Mike-
    Are you still planning on doing anything for your 5 year SF anniversary?

1 person likes this.
  20. StanleyVanBuren

[​IMG]
    Epaulet navy hopsack blazer, moleskin walts, and madras tie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]