1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

Nice SVB! Details on the shirt … EP or other? I like the scale of the gingham and the collar. Looks great!

thanks! shirt is mtm from moderntailor; collar design is a custom spec that I request (but fairly simple, just a wide spread collar with a 4cm band height)

2. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

We got four boxes in yesterday. We'll be shooting them and shipping them out over the next few days! Should have the balance in throughout the next couple of weeks.

I hope all the MTO shirts in this fabric I've been processing are well received! It truly is an amazing Oxford cloth.

Ah, unfortunately this fabric is completely tapped out. I've been hunting for something similar, so hopefully it's something we'll be able to offer!

Thanks for the questions, dudes!

For anyone that's bought a Petrol Blue or the late, great Washed Red, you know Khyber cloth well!

It's an incredibly soft and beautiful cotton fabric. Like anything we do that's cotton, it's fully machine washable and will gain a little character as you wear it in. It's 7 oz weight allows it to breathe, but gives it a nice drape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (can't remember your username, but this picture is still HELLA rad.)

3. chrisbkreme

chrisbkreme Senior member

Hey couple questions:

1. Is the Washed and Sanded UK Steep Twill a darker shade of Navy than the regular 8oz rivet?

2. Will you be resetocking your shoe trees any time soon?

3. How do your shoe trees compare to the ones made by Carmina?

Thanks!

4. malwear

malwear Senior member

Looking for some advice. I am in need of a staple year-round khaki and there are just too many great-looking options available in that color range: G&L Coffee or Khaki, FF Tan, Khyber khaki, the various staple 8oz canvas rivets, and so on.

Any particular favorites?

5. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Heading out for a solo dinner. Wife extended her part of the vacation by another week. EP Barena and EP Carmina boots. Why do I still need to worry about cold weather clothing on April 4th?
    [​IMG]

6. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

I have high hopes for the G&L Rivet Chinos and should be receiving my G&L coffee tomorrow. It sounds like a good year-round option. Of the other ones you've listed, I think the 8oz canvas Rivet Chinos work as well as any in year-round use. I wear mine in the summer as well as the Minnesota winter.

7. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

While shooting photos of Factory Finds jackets, James decided to snap a shot of some Epaulet LA action:

[​IMG]
    Epaulet LA Doyle Jacket
    Epaulet LA Wilshire Jeans

4 people like this.
  8. applky

applky Senior member

@leftofthedial Matt looking great!
    G&L Khaki. Handled it in the shop the other day. It's basically the perfect year-round chino.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  9. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Had to post another pic of the carminas. Sitting at the bar in a restaurant for early dinner and received two compliments on them. They didn't get much use this year in Chicago's winter due to many months of shit conditions.
    Pic isn't much better than what I posted earlier. Sorry about that.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. JVK1

JVK1 Senior member

I'm torn. With a mind for basic versatility and a fun fabric, what do you guys recommend for a pant first, the slate Japanese garment-dyed twill, or the petrol Khyber cloth?

11. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Agreed, the G&L Khaki Twill is fantastic, and certainly the most versatile of the options.

Looking sharp! I dig the whole fit.

1. Yes, that UK Steep Twill Navy is a really dark navy. The 8oz canvas navy is lighter and more blue

2. Yup, we definitely will restock the shoe trees

3. They're totally different. Carmina trees are 2-piece solid wood (not sure what type of wood exactly) and come in individual whole sizes. Our trees are made by Woodlore, they're cedar, and they expand in the front. Both of them work great. I tend to prefer our private label Woodlore ones because cedar smells good and can absorb moisture. It's hard to come across a European-made cedar tree.

Yes to both. I think that doing a waxed string over a raw leather one would be cool. And we have a lot of great rubber sole options above and beyond the typical stuff that you see.

Oh they're in the early stages of development. The only thing that's actually scheduled right now is the EPLA Tennis Shoe (to be called the "Tens") which will be delivered around the second week of May. Three colors are:

White Smooth leather / White Sole
    Black Smooth leather / Black Sole
    Snuff Suede / White Sole

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  12. Epaulet

Well, Garment-dyed twill is a great fabric and will make up beautifully. That Slate is an easy color too. Good weight for the upcoming season. Should be wearable for most of the year.

Khyber Cloth is a mainstay and has a ridiculously nice hand. It's very light and will be a bit more comfortable on warmer days. But you'll want to retire these when Fall really sets in, unless you live somewhere warm for most of the year.

Both have their points. But if it's one or the other, then go for Garment-Dyed Twill. We haven't even formally presented the MTO program and we've sold about 8 pairs. Stock is limited (I believe about 15 pairs of slate in total), and once they're gone, they won't be back for the rest of 2014. Khyber Cloth is a stock fabric with a lot of on-hand inventory. You can always pick that up later if you like.

13. Epaulet

Trouser MTO's

Hey guys, I'm building out the final options tomorrow. Sorry that this is all coming through so piecemeal - I've had a million development meetings this week for Fall EPLA production and I'm pretty much the only one who can build all of this out. I'll get everything up and I'll do a rundown of all the available fabrics. We can definitely shoot more images in different lights to show more color range and details.

14. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

awesome, i've been looking forward to this! do you happen to have the measurements or target dimensions for driggs in size 28? the driggs measurement table only goes down to size 30.

i'm definitely down for a trimmer leg trouser as i've already slimmed down the leg for my 14 pairs of walts. :)

1 person likes this.
  15. beez

beez Senior member

Seconded... Rivet top block with Driggs legs. :)

16. malwear

malwear Senior member

Thanks, all. G&L Khaki it is. Last question: Any chance that fabric makes it over to the Walt/Driggs factory, or is it limited to Rivets?

17. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Question about the trouser MTO program.

I have about 6 pair of cotton trousers that I've gotten from Epaulet. I remember that is was recommended that I wash these first to account for shrinking before I get them tailored. With the option to now get the inseam finished as part of the ordering process do I need to be weary of shrinkage?

18. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Can't wait for those snuff suede tennis shoes!

19. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

+1. And other sneaker makeups.

20. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

Mike mentioned that the G&L military twill will make it to the Walt/Rudy/Driggs program is about 6 weeks or so...not sure about all the color ways though...know Midnight Oil for sure

1 person likes this.