Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

If I wear an XS Epaulet oxford, what size Gitman do I wear, XS or S?
    If anything, I'd say Epaulet oxfords are cut slimmer than Gitman, so you'd want to go with an XS in Gitman as well. Anyone have different feelings on this? - Keith

2. mbrokerny

mbrokerny Senior member

If anything, I'd say Epaulet oxfords are cut slimmer than Gitman, so you'd want to go with an XS in Gitman as well. Anyone have different feelings on this?

- Keith

isnt that why I should size up in Gitman?

3. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

isnt that why I should size up in Gitman?
    No, it's the other way around. You'd typically want to size up in something that has a slimmer cut, but Epaulet has the slimmer cut, not Gitman (again, in my experience). Since Gitman has the fuller cut, you'd want to size down, if anything, but I don't think the difference is enough to make it worth changing the size. Besides, how do you size down from XS? [​IMG] - Keith

4. mbrokerny

mbrokerny Senior member

5. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

I pm'd you back about the smiths.

6. Crane's

Crane's Senior member

Mike

The Western shirt looks great! You weren't kidding when you said I would like it. I wonder what it would look like in purple?

7. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Senior member

it would be nice to offer a casual OCBD in the chambray cut too (without the darting) as more of a kicking-around button-down.

also, the OD chinos are something else.

can't wait for a corduroy pair.

8. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

If I wear an XS Epaulet oxford, what size Gitman do I wear, XS or S?

Definitely an XS. Most Gitman Vintage pieces run a full size larger than ours. I'd actually say that an XS in a Gitman Vintage oxford would be too big on you. Their seasonal fabrics (madras, poplin, flannel) tend to make up smaller, so one of those could work very well.

We'll have a ton of Gitman styles for the Fall. If any of them catch your eye, please feel free to PM me, and I can tell you how the sizing relates to our in-house line.

Mike

The Western shirt looks great! You weren't kidding when you said I would like it. I wonder what it would look like in purple?

It would look f-ing amazing! Glad that you dig it Karl.

it would be nice to offer a casual OCBD in the chambray cut too (without the darting) as more of a kicking-around button-down.

also, the OD chinos are something else.

can't wait for a corduroy pair.

Thank you sir - really glad that you you dig the OD chinos. They're one of my favorite Epaulet items so far.

And thanks for the suggestion on the shirt. The Utility Chambray was a great seller, so we're actively developing a few new variations on it. I'm definitely considering a simpler button-down shape for the Springtime.

9. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Mike-
    Can you give us a run-down of whats to come in the next few weeks?

10. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

OK here's a noob-ish question - what sort of footwear are you guys rocking with the OD chinos? I'd like to wear these to the office and the color is throwing me a bit; this is the first pair of pants I've owned that's not some variation of navy, gray, or khaki.

11. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

OK here's a noob-ish question - what sort of footwear are you guys rocking with the OD chinos? I'd like to wear these to the office and the color is throwing me a bit; this is the first pair of pants I've owned that's not some variation of navy, gray, or khaki.

They look great with a pair of beeswax DBs.

12. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Mike-
    Can you give us a run-down of whats to come in the next few weeks?

Sure. At the moment, we're planning:

Gitman Vintage Overdyed Oxfords (Navy & Purple)
    Epaulet Lawn Shirts in Gingham (Purple & Grey) and Multi-tone Glen Plaid

Adele and I are taking our August vacation next week, so the store will be closed from August 11th through the 18th. Puerto Rico yo!

Once we get back, the gloves are coming off and we'll have new products dropping weekly.

They look great with a pair of beeswax DBs.

That's a great combo. Most boots and shoes with a brown tone - suede or leather - will look great with these trousers. I also like these with white sneakers - as they pick up the white side taping. And black boots and shoes work great too - after all, that's what this mil-spec fabric is usually matched to.

13. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

And black boots and shoes work great too - after all, that's what this mil-spec fabric is usually matched to.
    I'll be wearing mine to the office tomorrow with black Red Wing GTs. [​IMG]

14. xr4ti

xr4ti Senior member

So do the Epaulet shirts drop before[​IMG] or after vacation??????

15. Gagno905

Gagno905 Senior member

Definitely an XS. Most Gitman Vintage pieces run a full size larger than ours. I'd actually say that an XS in a Gitman Vintage oxford would be too big on you. Their seasonal fabrics (madras, poplin, flannel) tend to make up smaller, so one of those could work very well.

Wow, really? I'm an XS in Gitman and they're a nice fit on me. I figured everything else would be too big (besides BoO). Maybe I'll pick up a shirt or two now that I know this.

Actually those chinos are gorgeous too. Any possibility of doing a run of size 27s in the future? If not a belt would probably work just as well.

Good stuff.