1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. BrandonJG

BrandonJG Well-Known Member

Two questions regarding MTO chino/trouser options:

Can an option for a rear cinch be added? I assume it's a similar process to making the side tabs?

Suspender buttons?

Thanks!

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Here's a recap of how everything can be customized:

Fit: Walt, Rudy, Driggs
    Size: 28 - 40 (odds and evens)
    Inseam: 28 - 38" (can choose specific inseam or unfinished)
    Closure: Extended tab (like the walt), Extended Tab with Button, No Tab without button, No Tab with Button
    Top Details: Belt Loops, Side Tabs, Suspender Buttons
    Fly: Zip or Button Fly

That's the full lineup. There's no rear cinch in the pattern for this season at least, but we may develop that for next. We're working on a single pleat Walt variant which we'd be able to offer in the Fall.

3 people like this.
  3. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. etostano

etostano Senior member

Hi Mike - are you planning any ability to do MTOs in the future with Samuelsohn and/or LBM?
    Thanks

5. Epaulet

Absolutely. Samuelsohn will be built out soon. We have the jackets on hand and they'll have the Walt pant pattern shortly. I'm going to schedule an MTO event in New York in the next two months. Samuelsohn has around eight different fits and they'll send someone who can work with everyone directly. We can order into any of the fits that they offer. For Luigi Bianchi Mantova, it's a bit more complicated. There's actually very few modifications that they can do to the Vittorio shape, but we would have the ability to order into a bunch of different fabrics that we're not stocking. Still working that out. Hopefully we'll have our Southwick swatches too very soon. We can now officially offer full 2 and 3 piece suits in our entire fit, so they'll be a lot of good choices here. They'll also be a rush charge upgrade if you want delivery within 12 working days.
    Haha, thanks! Next week is going to be a good one for trousers. We've got the Trouser MTO program going live and I have a pretty rad factory finds offering for Rivet Chinos. I have about 10 different enzyme washed twills at a really killer price. Most are year-round weight, some are heavier and along the lines of the Fall Walts that we offered. We'll have both online next week.

6. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

Any new UK sanded canvas/duck cloth options coming up for the trousers?

7. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Do you have any worsted wool walts coming out in a light light grey?
    Something like this color [​IMG]

8. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

I must say, during the Fall and Winter months, for various reasons, I've found myself sort of moving past Epaulet. For awhile it felt almost boring, or stagnant, to me. I worried that with store growth, "the move", and baby Kuhle, Epaulet may have reached its peak and the goodness may have been spread too thin. My once-a-month packages were becoming less regular, less dependable, and were often arriving with handwritten notes from strangers or vaguely familiar folks with a style to which I couldn't relate. I had accumulated most of my basics and was working only on getting rid of the excess in my closet. Furthermore, Epaulet was all of a sudden having "sales", which seemed like a bad sign to me.

There was one promised piece (and one subscribed thread, of course) that kept me returning during the long winter. That garment was the long awaited French work jacket; I was intrigued by the idea of an open-weave, button-to-the-top, cotton layering piece - something with multiple pockets and maximal utility for carry-on weekend trips to wherever.

Well, it debuted, I ordered (along with a shot-in-the-dark denim shirt), and now I'm in the puppy love stage with the new Epaulet (i.e. EPLA) all over again. The Doyle is absolutely brilliant, the Engineer fits as promised and will surely outlive me, and the upcoming Spring releases look, simply, excellent.

Well done Mike, Adele, and crew! You have evidently done a superb job diversifying your business; this thread has never been hotter. Clearly my concerns were ridiculous and my goal of minimizing my closet was equally as short-sighted.

Please continue to do whatever it is that you are doing. (For one, I can't believe I'm planning to buy sweatpants, let alone online.) Happy 5th anniversary!

Edit: Oh gosh, now did I just read about MTO Sammy jackets and single-pleat Walts? Well done. Well done.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
    2 people like this.
  9. ktown

ktown Senior member

For the G&L selvedge twill chinos that are going to be made in the Wilshire shape, will flap pockets be an option or is that only with the Rivet MTO?

10. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

Oh ye of little faith! :-D

11. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Just checked your thread for the first time in ages. The Samuelsohn look great. What is the largest "stock" size going to be? I only see up to 42 on your site, would a 46 have to be a MTO?

12. malwear

malwear Senior member

Mike, are there any stock Ashland/Keystone casual shirts coming out soon?

13. stingray1381

stingray1381 Senior member

Yes, really looking forward to MTO. The Baby Gap Sizes don't work for me.

14. veedubhkg

veedubhkg Member

Really looking forward to it!!!
    Any chance of hemming option (cuffed/uncuffed) for MTO?

15. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Did anyone see the G&L online? Am I too late or it hasn't been put up?

16. Epaulet

Sorry guys, my bad! I meant noon PST, I'll have it up in an hour

17. Epaulet

18. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

Wish this could be done in Rudy....damn my cycling/skiing/lifting addictions

19. metalleka

metalleka Active Member

Can't get these out of my head. Awesome stuff! Have to contemplate a bit cause I'm really not sure whether I could pull this off...

20. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Hey Mike,

what are the hours for Santa Monica? Gonna need to try the new models of pants you have!