• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No sir! I love vests too. We were never successful with them as off the rack garments, but we're developing two made-to-order vests with Southwick that jive with our jacket fit. They'll be a basic vest which can work as a 3-piece suit and a waistcoat model with a lapel - like the vests we used to carry. We'll be too late for linen, but they'll be a ton of tweed options for vests in the Fall.
Cool. Was thinking a Mandarin or Ash Linen vest would be a cool option. Tweed sounds Boss

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Epaulet MTO Shirts Announcement

Hi guys,

I've got some sad news. Some of you may have noticed that the MTO shirt items on our site have been taken down. I regret to say that we've suspended the program for the time being.

It worked alright overall. We had a fast turnaround and good pricing. Overall the production came out correct and as ordered, but the error rate was significant. When shirts were delivered with mistakes, we always worked with our customers on remakes/refunds/discounts, but it's disappointing to special order something and have it come in wrong - even if the manufacturer stands by it and makes it right the second time. We take our reputation for quality and consistency very seriously, and this program was simply not living up to standards that we demand.

If you have an MTO shirt on order already, then it will be made and shipped to you as before. The factory has committed to put an extra-critical eye on these last units, so don't be nervous that your shirt will come through incorrect. But if it does, let us know and we will work it out for you.

And the MTO shirting program is something that we absolutely will restart in the future - hopefully this Fall. It's definitely my ambition to get the kinks worked out and bring it back better than ever. Thanks to everyone who participated so far!
I've never ordered an MTO from you guys but props for sticking to your beliefs, even at a loss in product sales.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tweed vests this fall? You've just made my day.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sad news :(

I'll have to find a new shirting maker in the meantime...but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it start back up again when all the kinks are worked out.

Take a look at Taylor Stitch. Very customizable options and lots of good fabrics

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Cool.  Was thinking a Mandarin or Ash Linen vest would be a cool option.  Tweed sounds Boss

Awesome. The goal is for us to have two ready-for-MTO vest shapes that you can order in a whole range of tweeds and wools. Pick buttons for them and the whole nine.

wsumarine

Reaction score
Epaulet MTO Shirts Announcement

Hi guys,

I've got some sad news. Some of you may have noticed that the MTO shirt items on our site have been taken down. I regret to say that we've suspended the program for the time being.

It worked alright overall. We had a fast turnaround and good pricing. Overall the production came out correct and as ordered, but the error rate was significant. When shirts were delivered with mistakes, we always worked with our customers on remakes/refunds/discounts, but it's disappointing to special order something and have it come in wrong - even if the manufacturer stands by it and makes it right the second time. We take our reputation for quality and consistency very seriously, and this program was simply not living up to standards that we demand.

If you have an MTO shirt on order already, then it will be made and shipped to you as before. The factory has committed to put an extra-critical eye on these last units, so don't be nervous that your shirt will come through incorrect. But if it does, let us know and we will work it out for you.

And the MTO shirting program is something that we absolutely will restart in the future - hopefully this Fall. It's definitely my ambition to get the kinks worked out and bring it back better than ever. Thanks to everyone who participated so far!
No! Now I wish I'd doubled my order. I don't think I can wait until fall
baldy[1].gif

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a shout out to Mike and the whole Epaulet team. Class acts all around. :slayer:

dupedd

Reaction score
Walts in 31? AWESOME!!

I wish Walts in 29 could be a standard as wel. 30 Rivets fit fine but always have to take in the 30 walts or let out the 28.

Also, any idea when the rest of the ff cotton/cashmere Rivets will arrive?

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mike, i love the color of the dove grey hopsack.

sorry for looking really far ahead but any chance to get a flannel in that color for fall/winter?

hanoiboy

Reaction score
I just recieved my first pair of rivet duck and it is shell cordovan nice!

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to my trip to ny next month. Thanks to the alden thread, I will pay you guys a visit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads