• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Alright, with all the shows over, we're buckling down and getting all of the new product online. First off are four new Epaulet short sleeve shirts. By popular demand, we hooked up the Red Gingham with copper trocas buttons. All of the fabrics are 100% Japanese Pima cotton. Sizes XS through XXL are in stock.

4818380925_c9f61f773c_m.jpg

Epaulet Red Gingham Short Sleeve: $110

4819003176_c8697c0c42_m.jpg

Epaulet Royal Blue Gingham Short Sleeve: $110

4819004230_5baca861a1_m.jpg

Epaulet Black Gingham Short Sleeve: $110

4818379663_e9632c9145_m.jpg

Epaulet Two-Tone Carnaby Stripe Short Sleeve: $110

excuse the dumb question but the measurements for xxl in these shirts are 23 chest, how do you measure?

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, are sportcoats still on for fall? When do we get a preview?

rotv

Reaction score
Heh, I was going to ask if they intended to make a sportcoat but second guessed myself considering all the stuff they already plan to roll out. :p

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rick
excuse the dumb question but the measurements for xxl in these shirts are 23 chest, how do you measure?

Sure thing, it's measured from one armpit seam to the other, on the front size. It's a fairly true 44R in chest sizing.

Originally Posted by asdf
denimz: kopped

Thank you sir! Appreciate your patience, I know that these have been a long time coming. Please let me know what you think when they arrive.

Originally Posted by dusty
Mike, are sportcoats still on for fall? When do we get a preview?

Oh, I'm glad that you asked!

I have been a man possessed for the past four months. Making this sportcoat has been a voyage. Right now, my sample is 90% of the way there. The shoulders, chest, waist, and lapel roll are excellent - which are the hardest elements. I'm especially proud of the shoulder, we really dialed in great soft construction for it. The overall shape is a 3-roll-2 with double vents and slightly angled flap pockets. It's a very British shape with an American button configuration.

The last changes that we're working with are the armhole dimensions and overall sleeve size. Our second sample's sleeves were too tight, and I'm hoping that this next one nails it.

This is ABSOLUTELY going to happen. And I'm confident that it will be the best American-made sportcoat at its price. We'll have a 100% Wool Gabardine for $350 and a 95% Wool, 5% Cashmere tweed for a bit more. They'll both hook up with Walt and Rudy trousers, so you can buy entire suit separates. Once the approved sample comes in, I'll post up all the pics.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got more new stuff for you! Our Walt trouser in seriously beautiful Italian lightweight corduroy. The colors are banging. And the cord fabric has an unbelievable hand, which is in a different stratosphere altogether from similar of RL/Rugby/J.Crew/Brooks Brothers items. They're some of the nicest cords that I've ever felt.
Kelly%20Green%20Cord.jpg
Slim Walt Trouser Kelly Green Lightweight Italian Corduroy: $165
Blue%20Cord.jpg
Slim Walt Trouser Royal Blue Lightweight Italian Corduroy: $165 Also, we finished updating the denim on our site. I still need to clean up some of the items and descriptions, but here's the story: 1. Contrast-Stitch Smith and Hoyt Jeans have been restocked with new 36" inseam length units. You can choose between that inseam and a shorter 34" inseam on the Smith and 35" inseam on the Hoyt. Buy the waist true to size as they don't really stretch. The inseam will shrink by about 1.5". 2. Deadstock No-Contrast Smith's and Black Smith's have been put back online. I have to update the sizing charts, but we basically re-tagged the original units to reflect the true waist size that they are. We used to advise people to size down one, so units that were formerly tagged 33" are now booked into the website as 34". Sorry for the confusion. I'll clean up all the listings and size measurements for these items by tomorrow afternoon, but if you want to order a pair this evening, just order them true to size. We've compensated for it on our end. You can see the whole range of denim here Special edition chinos are going up tomorrow! I promise that it will be worth the wait!

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just creamed my non-green pants.

Fit pics! Fit pics!

70gransport

Reaction score
I think I'll be calling the store sometime tomorrow then. Thanks for the update Mike.

Doctor

Reaction score
I'm only going to let myself purchase one of the colours. Blue or green? That is the question...

Thinking green. Would go with my chocolate brown leather bomber.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone own the Gant Harrington jacket? Thinking about ordering one but wouldn't mind seeing a fit pic or two to get an idea of how it fits.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I just creamed my non-green pants.

Fit pics! Fit pics!

Hah, glad that you like them! I'll try to get a series of fit pics of all our new gear.

Originally Posted by Doctor
I'm only going to let myself purchase one of the colours. Blue or green? That is the question...

Thinking green. Would go with my chocolate brown leather bomber.

Agreed. Go-to-Hell green is an awesome color with a classic brown leather jacket. Looks awesome with snuff suede too.

Originally Posted by 70gransport
I think I'll be calling the store sometime tomorrow then. Thanks for the update Mike.

Thank you sir - looking forward to speaking with you!

Originally Posted by TKJTG
Anyone own the Gant Harrington jacket? Thinking about ordering one but wouldn't mind seeing a fit pic or two to get an idea of how it fits.

Ah, my apologies - the last two pieces of this were sold yesterday. But we'll start getting Fall Gant Rugger in the next 4-5 weeks, and there's a lot of great outerwear options there.

Originally Posted by slappy
What's the word on the leather jacket?

Oh man, the sample's taking forever. I was hoping to have it a few weeks ago. Well, I can tell you that it's going to be made in the USA of dark brown cowhide and be the general length and feel of a Barbour Bedale jacket. We have to dial in the final price, but it's going to be over $1K. We're pulling out all the stops for this.

That said, we'll also stock leather pieces from Schott and Garbstore x Lewis Leathers, which will all come in between $450 and $850, so they'll be a lot to choose from. I've tried everything on, and I'm anal about fit, so every leather jacket that we offer will have a slim fit comparable to our shirting.

I wanted to show you this though - it's a new slim bomber jacket from Schott. It's going to sell for $720 and has a really nice oiled finish. The fit's great and radically slimmer than their more classic pieces. It's going to come in September:

4821344388_c1c1cb9b6d.jpg

View Larger

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike-
Does that slim bomber also come in black?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads