• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thecool85

Reaction score
Carminas came in:

Is that the new Chicago last on the right?
wink.gif

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ Special Order Love abounds for you small guys

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't think of any decent tailors in the Slope, either. I just head to Orchard Street.

+1. I use Pablo at Stanton Tailor Shop, or Eduardo on Allen Street. Pablo is cheap, Eduardo is fast, and both do incredible work.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent discussion on the Alden thread made me think of this - for some of the Alden styles that were pre-ordered last year (around February of 2012, some of the styles included a Whiskey wingtip boot on the Plaza, and a Cigar LWB on the Leydon, there were a few others as well), were those actually confirmed by Alden? Or are we still not sure if they will even be made?

There are some other pre-orders I'm waiting on from other retailers, some which are confirmed by Alden and they're just waiting on sourcing the materials, etc. But there are some other makeups that retailers are trying to get made but they're waiting in Alden to confirm the order and add it to their future production run (e.g. the Thor boot with Alden DC). I wasn't sure if these styles were confirmed and queued up by Alden, or if they were just ideas that Alden hadn't actually committed to making yet.

And after 28 months waiting for the Ravello Brixton (I think I know the answer to this already), is there any end in sight for that yet? A few months ago, a lot of retailers like The Shoe Mart, J Crew, and Alden Madison Ave. had some new Ravello offerings pop up, so I was hoping that meant the elusive Brixton wouldn't be much farther off.

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ jordans are under the dropdown link "nike steez"

Haha.

The Carminas were group buys from back in January.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha.

The Carminas were group buys from back in January.
Five months to arrive? I just initiated a group buy MTO a month ago. Hopefully it doesn't take 5 months.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

#8 Brixton with Oxford Grey flannels today, maybe my favorite and most-used Epaulet shoe/pant combo:

Great combo. I vote for more usage.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads