1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Also, there will be people who buy this and wear the heck out of it and it's going to look, what's that word... bonkers:

[​IMG]

Have to admit I'm tempted myself.

2. mothball

mothball Senior member

Man I love this.

3. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Love the espresso suede as well

4. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

I am interested too.

5. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Inside light Wilshire fits

Oisin was kind enough to model his Wilshire jeans at the store. Was a little late, so my apologies for the indoor lighting. He's worn them for about a month and there's already some killer honeycombs behind the knees...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The indigo restock and new Grey & White Selvedge varieties should be here in a little over a week.

4 people like this.
  6. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

This is one of those things that I had not realised that I needed in my life, but which suddenly seems mandatory. Are there any pictures of what the deerskin might look like after wear?

7. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Oh my god, we are all absolutely in love with the Deerskin jacket!

I'm burning the midnight oil tonight, so I won't go into too much detail now, but the hand on this leather is incredible. We got a small quantity of first quality American deerskin off-price and we were able to make 9 units for a lower retail than cowhide. Deerskin jackets are expensive, and they're not very common - especially in a clean, slim shape like this. Here in the States you often see the good stuff used in Western wear, or you'll see lower quality skins with corrected grains used in big, ill-fitting pieces from the likes of Wilsons.

Deerskin is a big thing in Japan - especially among the denim heads and streetwear guys. I really noticed it when I lived in Osaka back in the days, and that was part of what attracted me to making this jacket. For anyone who buys it: I can pretty much guarantee that you have never put on a more supple and gorgeous-feeling leather jacket. It will absolutely blow you away.

And aged pictures are strangely hard to come by, but I found these from an Ebay listing for a deerskin coat from the 1960's. I can't be positive, but I'm fairly sure that it was a similar natural shade when it started out. The leather will age to a darker golden brown with wear - and will darken more quickly the more that you condition it. Something important is to note how clean and uncracked the skin is on this vintage jacket. Deerskin and Elkskin hold their finish more consistently than cow or calf, and a little bit of care will really retain its surface.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  8. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

If these jackets are any indication of the quality of the upcoming denim jacket and noragi, I'm beyond hyped.

9. Dirty Gurty

Dirty Gurty Senior member

Holy shite, that deerskin jacket! I may have just found my "2014 Frivolous Thing to Spend Part of my Tax Return On"!

Also, Mike & crew, are there any black leather jackets in the pipeline?

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Looks like sweatshirts and MTO shirts are up as well

11. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

Re: the MTO shirts... is the full-roll button-down collar (model BSU) the updated collar, aka the one with a bit more room for ties? Going to order a shirt as soon as I get confirmation!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  12. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

So no way on the MTO shirts to adjust the collar size?

13. applky

applky Senior member

^ Fairly sure that was the one thing that's definitely not adjustable.

Great to see the MTO program off the ground!

14. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Yeah I think there were too many issues with adjusting the collar size the first time they did the shirt MTO program. It's a shame, because it was the only way I could get an EP shirt that fits perfectly, but I applaud them for not trying to do something that just wasn't working. Better this than dealing with tons of collar issues on every order.

15. kidnesiac

kidnesiac Member

Will there be popovers available this spring?

16. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

Agreed. Just a shame for me too wearing an XS or S but needing a 15.5 collar.

17. chrispy650

chrispy650 Senior member

Just picked up a sweatshirt! Been waiting for these.

18. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

sweatshirts look good, not too heritage-y which is nice. Will check them out when the jean restock hits Manhattan next week, I need new jeans badly.

19. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Senior member

Quote:
    Epaulet San Francisco CONFIRMED? Seriously though, you guys need to come up and visit again for some karaoke.

20. stevent

stevent Senior member

For the Gitman MTO any plans in the future to access older Gitman fabrics from previous seasons?