1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Abecedarian

Abecedarian Senior member

2. applky

applky Senior member

This is all great news.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  3. beez

beez Senior member

The touch of fur is a little unfortunate. I wonder if there'd be any way to use some other sort of animal product (like deer? not entirely educated on this topic) in this type of garment, where at least there's some hope for the consumer that the entire animal was used.

4. beez

beez Senior member

Got my Epaulet camo corduroy shirt the other day. The only thing better than the fact that I love it is that my wife thinks it's obnoxious. :)

Overall, the fit on the Epaulet shirts is perfect on me.

5. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

Sure, I got them from Epaulet last year. Mike did two runs as a group MTO. Black Balmoral Boots in scotch grain leather on the forest last. These have become my winter boots when dressing up (which is usually everyday). I wear them with suits and any black or gray slacks.

6. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

I think you have to be at least 6' plus for this to work...for shorter than that, a single reverse pleat is the most I would do...it just serves to elongate your legs (as its usually in conjunction with a higher rise trouser) which tends to make guys smaller than 6 look like they have no torso at all. Couple of days ago in the thaw (35 degrees) Epaulet Laces and Oxford Cloth Shirt [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  7. tricky

tricky Senior member

Wearing my Shetland cardigan for the first time. I'm a solid medium and 38R in Epaulet but the medium was quite small and large is more lined up to medium IMO. Don't think it's available anymore anyways.

Question though...it comes with a tag that says to hand wash it "frequently." How come?

I would only wear it to work and on top of a button down so I can't imagine it getting too dirty. My typical sweater approach is to dry clean once (maybe twice) per season.

8. tricky

tricky Senior member

Btw, awesome fit as always Rob.

9. applky

applky Senior member

Which Shetland cardigan are you talking about? I have several -- one of which I've had for 2+ years -- and, like you, I dry clean once in a blue moon and it's turned out fine.

10. tricky

tricky Senior member

It's the "Epaulet Shetland Cardigan French Blue Marl."

Glad to hear it doesn't have to be hand washed and triple rinsed!! I'm really anal about my clothes...but not sure I could commit to that :)

11. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Epaulet white OCBD and moleskin Walts​

4 people like this.
  12. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

Interesting point. It would definitely be a consideration for me; I already have a short torso and extremely long legs, so I don't need anything that accentuates that. The rise on the Walt is about as high as I ever would want to go. Still though, if we could get the double reverse pleat without the high rise like the Connery look above, maybe then it would work?

13. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

EPLA western shirt and plum tee and heavyweight RC:

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  14. applky

applky Senior member

Yeah I have the Black Grape Marl and have had it for 2.5 years or so (from whenever they introduced it). I've dry cleaned it maybe once and it looks practically new. One time when I walked into the store with it on, James briefly thought I had picked a new one out from the display to buy. It's a hearty piece. You should get a lot of wear out of it.

15. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member

Awesome, glad that you dig it!

Hmm, you can definitely ignore that.

I rarely ever clean my sweaters. Unless you actually spill something on it, they stay pretty clean. I'll typically dry clean them once or maximum twice a season.

You can hand-wash pure wool, but it's kind of a pain in the ass and you need to block it out for proper drying. I'd just recommend to dry clean it and do what you always do - it's a long-wearing piece that you don't have to baby.

I'm really looking forward to how that shirt ages

16. trig

trig Senior member

last 3 days. cramerton walts, sweet blackwatch pair i picked up off ebay, and the nori.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  17. tricky

tricky Senior member

18. FrankCowperwood

Me too. The distressed versions coming up look pretty fantastic, but I'm interested to see what my rather easy livin' lifestyle does to this one.

I want to plug the EPLA tees too, if I may. These things really hold their shape (I have worn either the plum or the green pretty consistently since I bought them almost a month ago now) and they fabric is of a quality and softness that when I've put on a few other tees, those other tees feel rough by comparison. I think the EPLA tees could be something to pretty much live in come warmer weather. Excited to see the various other styles and colors that are coming.

I hereby request further Southern California and other palm tree/blue sky/sun associated photos from Trig, SVB, wj4, etc. etc.

It looks warmer there.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  19. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Oh, it is, friend. It is.

This does not prevent me from jealous glances at all you guys in tweed and flannel...

20. FrankCowperwood

Oh, right, Las Vegas is probably pretty warm too... Maybe even the optimal temperature compared to the summer months when I typically stop in for a trade show.

And yes the tweed and flannel does compensate. I am currently wearing some tweed.

But I could wear that in 30 degree weather. It's this dangerous windchill stuff I'm not hip with.