1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. beez

beez Well-Known Member

I welcome the argument, pal, and will cringe as I watch your single pleats stocking decision busting EP's balance sheet. :)

2. scottcw

scottcw Well-Known Member

My problem with black is that it is an easy look to put together. Black outerwear, black pants and boots, maybe a grey top. Anyone can put a black look together. Much harder to coordinate browns, greens, blues, pops of color.

That said, I would love to see Epaulet come up with something like this black cardigan:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  3. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Was about to say... Athletic (read "thicker") guys almost always look better with pleated pants (1 pleat for shape). If your definition of athletic = "emaciated," then sure, the flat-front skinny pant look is flattering and on trend.

It's almost universally accepted that pleated pants fall and drape better than flat fronts on guys of any volume.

1 person likes this.
  4. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Will the merino v necks start up again in future? sad I missed out last time.

5. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Fantastic! Thanks for the kind words and for stopping by!

Yes sir, 4 buttons at the fly. And good call on the pearl grey flannel - I love those. We planned to run them again this past Fall, but the fabric never arrived from the Italian mill. It's definitely on my radar though for this year.

Absolutely. We'll stock the Driggs only in cottons to start, but you can MTO it in any of the fabrics that we offer - including linens and wools. And if its a popular fit then we can start stocking it in a wider range of fabrics too.

I agree with both of you.

Over the past how ever many years, pleats were presented as a way to make big pants more comfortable. Which gave you a horrendous shape like this:

[​IMG]

If you have athletic, muscular, or big legs, then I think that flat front is the way to go. The shape is flattering, and you don't want to add any extra bulk to your lower body.

But if you have slim legs, I think that pleats can be an elegant option that gives you some more shape. Guys like Matt can wear pleats really well. I'd keep it an understated single pleat and mostly stick with lighter weight wools and hopsacks. We'll work up a prototype and see what you guys think!

6. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Well-Known Member

Hey Mike,

Will you guys be restocking the Carmina double monks in the caramel calfskin at any point this year?

7. tricky

tricky Well-Known Member

Just a note...the fact that Dylan is over 6' and slim has been a tremendous help for many of my orders.

Actually, posting your model heights and weights is awesome all around.

As for the black discussion, I'm curious to see see where it goes. It's a colour I typically go out of my to avoid for shoes and clothes except for the the odd sweater or cardigan...and snorkel parka! Granted my workout gear is almost all black which I realize is mostly irrelevant.

8. Don L

Don L Well-Known Member

I'm a huge Black fan and it has always been a staple color in my wardrobe.

9. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Well-Known Member

I don't have much black items in my wardrobe, but I count the Ashland black & white plaid that ran last fall as one of my current favorite shirts, and I enjoy wearing my 403 Indy boots (wearing this combo today, in fact, along with the black snorkel parka).

10. HughJ

HughJ Well-Known Member

Agreed, and I think this logic extends to unpadded/unstructured jackets as well.

11. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

French Blue Rivet Chinos​

1 person likes this.
  12. stingray1381

stingray1381 Well-Known Member

Awesome washing out on the french blues.

1 person likes this.
  13. venividivicibj

On the black subject, anyone tried grey shoes?

Carmina has an interesting mid/dark grey calf. But I never see anyone wearing or posting grey shoes.

14. kwanon

kwanon Well-Known Member

I've got some gray suede shortwings. I like them OK but it's not a color I would probably buy again, at least until I have many more shoes. I also doubt I would like it in calf. Suede seems like a good fit.

15. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

my take on pleats:

I'm not really a fan of standard pleats, and not really a fan of a single pleat either way; I figure go big or go home.

A double-reverse pleat can look really cool:

[​IMG]

or from one of our own members (this guy is in London and had these custom-made, I think by Luxire perhaps?):

This would be interesting enough that it could be done in the Walt fit, I would think, and it wouldn't just look like a pleat was added to accommodate a certain fit need. This would be more of a statement and would look unmistakably deliberant.

Of course, as with a lot of this stuff, I may be in the minority with my thinking here.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  16. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

All this talk of black….

Carmina Balmoral Boots
    Charcoal Flannel Pants

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. Omar1223

Omar1223 Well-Known Member

2 more images showing how great pleats can be (spoilered bc not directly related to EP). im excited to see how epaulet's version!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. venividivicibj

So grey is too boring?

19. K. Nights

K. Nights Well-Known Member

I think it's just hard to match with things and never quite looks right. Especially if you wear a lot of grey pants, i can't imagine they would get a lot of use.

20. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Black Snorkel Parka size 34

[​IMG]

Hey guys,

We had a lot of people email us about this jacket in size 34, but we were totally sold out. The Manhattan store took an exchange today, so we once again have a black snorkel in size 34 available. This will most likely be the last unit ever, so if you've been cruising for it and you take an Epaulet small, it's ready to ship:

http://epauletnewyork.com/products/epaulet-special-edition-n3-b-snorkel-parka