• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi SFers,

I know Epaulet has a good reputation around here, but I thought I would add my 2 cents.

I recently bought the Hard Shawl Collar Cardigan: http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/shirts-knits/products/hardie-shawl-collar-cardigan-grey

I wore it for the first time today - went out to dinner. When I got home I noticed one of the buttons was quite loose. A slight tug and the 2-part button has come completely off - thread and all.

This now means I need to take it to the tailor to get the button put back on!

I think I will do this, because the cardigan is actually very nice. It regulates body temperature very well, which is probably attributable to the quality of material.

Anyway, off to the tailors!

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously? What was the goal of your post? To warn people of buttons falling off all their Epaulet garments? It happens, man. Not something you post in the affiliate thread to try to warn people away.

Nice cardigan, anyways.

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know Epaulet has a good reputation around here, but I thought I would add my 2 cents.

It will literally cost you your 2 cents to fix a button, if that. Quit ******** up this thread.

Last edited:

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The reward for being honest and open. It'll just let people know that if buttons fall of their Epaulet clothing, they aren't the only ones.

Last edited:

Wade

Reaction score
Spends $400 on a sweater and can't afford a few more bucks to get a minor thing fixed
puzzled.gif

My tailor actually fixes my loose buttons for me for me.
I'm sure if you look online you can find a quick guide on how to do it yourself too.

momentoftruth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just received a couple of the polos (aubergine, bordeaux) and they're great as usual. Fabric is incredible and cut is very good too. I have noticed though that they attract a ton of lint, which the navy one I got last year did too. For some reason the infrared version does not seem to suffer from this very minor issue. Don't know if anyone else has noticed this

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Spends $400 on a sweater and can't afford a few more bucks to get a minor thing fixed
puzzled.gif
My tailor actually fixes my loose buttons for me for me. I'm sure if you look online you can find a quick guide on how to do it yourself too.
Why's everyone ******** on this guy? Since when did it become sacrilegious to criticize something?

Abecedarian

Reaction score

Why's everyone ******** on this guy? Since when did it become sacrilegious to criticize something?

The post is useless, not least because a loose button does not in any way speak to the quality of Epaulet clothing. If he had a "real" issue with quality or had approached Epaulet staff an been treated poorly, OK, tell us all about it. But it's a worthless post set to serious music.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The issue is that it's barely an issue. Button loss is so common on garments of all price points that everything you buy with buttons comes with an extra or two. Button reattachment is also the easiest of all sewing. I've probably reattached buttons on garments from half a dozen brands.

So mentioning it is kind of like going "I bought eggs and one is cracked. Just want everyone to know this could happen to you." This just happens; it's not newsworthy or worth trying to inform others about it.

I see how, maybe if you haven't bought a lot of nice clothes--I don't know michael's life experience--you'd be surprised to see this happen. But it really is common.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not. But only when it's warranted. Buttons falling off happens. If the stitching on the seams were bad, or there was a tear, or the measurements were wrong then alright. Take it to Epaulet and see how they handle it. Then you can post.

"I had an issue with my shirt where it was not as advertised/quality wasn't as expected. They handled it by (good/bad review begins). << This stuff shouldn't happen and is a good way to gauge how a service treats you with the return/exchange

Vs

"I had an issue with my shirt where a button fell off and I had to take it to the tailor." << This happens to all shirts and can be fixed with no negative review.

I mean, sure if 3 of them on one shirt fell off, that's really weird and I would post it. Or if I had five shirts and it happened every time, definitely post it. But one, no. Maybe a post in passing. "Got my cardigan, love it! Unfortunately a button fell off but that's getting fixed. Can't wait to get it back!" - Allows people to see the issue so if more people have it, they know. And no negativity towards the distributor.

Either way, you're right Althantis. No need to **** on anyone and now we're beating a dead horse.

Lesson: Buttons falling off happens. Hopefully not excessively. One of the few things that shouldn't affect the dealers reputation.

Michael, I hope you don't stop buying from Epaulet. I love them. I had an issue and got a call from them on my cell, wanting to resolve it and send my item out right away. Great people.

Last edited:

neutrino

Reaction score
^ What he said.
Also, has the before/after contest been abandoned?
confused.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics